16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
munjal said:
So, If I get a work permit in any of province in CANADA for 2 years now, then after 1 year I will become eligible to apply under CEC.
Yes. You become eligible to apply. You still need an invitation to apply, which is based on your CRS score.

But then what about getting LMIA?? Will I need another LMIA or my current job which was obtained after LMIA will be sufficient.
If your current job is issued according to a LMIA (and is NOC 0, A, or B), then you will get the 600 points. You won't need another job. If you have enough points without the 600, then you don't need the LMIA to get Permanent Residency. This could be the case (for example), if you are on a PGWP and get fired after a year. You would have enough experience, and if your CRS score was still high enough (due to experience, language, age, and education), you could get P/R without the LMIA.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kateg said:
Yes. You become eligible to apply. You still need an invitation to apply, which is based on your CRS score.

If your current job is issued according to a LMIA (and is NOC 0, A, or B), then you will get the 600 points. You won't need another job. If you have enough points without the 600, then you don't need the LMIA to get Permanent Residency. This could be the case (for example), if you are on a PGWP and get fired after a year. You would have enough experience, and if your CRS score was still high enough (due to experience, language, age, and education), you could get P/R without the LMIA.
Thanks so much kateg..
Your inputs have helped me a lot :)

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
munjal said:
Thanks so much kateg..
Your inputs have helped me a lot :)
If you find a post helpful, please feel free to rate it up :)

geetsingh

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
I'm not sure who won the argument here, as after 1 points it was too confusing.

But will any of Kateg or Munajal admit who was wrong or misguiding.

I would like to see, who won or who was right, and then would clearly n specifically and word by word read that person posts.

Also, would like the other person to admit(in this case it seems munjal) for creating and un-necessary post & mis-guiding people.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
geetsingh said:
It wasn't really an argument, so much as a discussion. For FSW, Munajal was correct. He was not aware of the differences of CEC.

The system is complicated, and sometimes even the immigration officials don't seem to know all the rules. What rules there are change regularly, and sometimes the officials know them but don't care.

We all have our own purposes for being here, and reading (and thinking critically) is important for everyone on the forum. Don't trust, verify. Ask questions.

That's why I try (where possible) to link to CIC ministerial instructions, program pages, etc. You shouldn't trust me - it's CIC's words that matter. I might be able to help you find them, though.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
geetsingh said:
pls clarify which point you got confused at?
But will any of Kateg or Munajal admit who was wrong or misguiding.
here, if you felt like.. wrong or misguiding.. then it is completely opposite to that...
I would like to see, who won or who was right, and then would clearly n specifically and word by word read that person posts.
he he he LOL... pls read all posts in entire continuity, then only you will understand it.. if anything is bothering you, pls ask it here.. we can help you to understand it
Also, would like the other person to admit(in this case it seems munjal) for creating and un-necessary post & mis-guiding people.
buddy, pls clariy at what point you felt like that I am mis-guiding people
Hi geetsingh,
I can understand that you completely misunderstood our conversation.. :)
There was no battle going on between me and kateg.. :)

In fact, It was more of a kind of exchange of information, if you re-read it again..

I came to know about many things about CEC which were not known earlier to me..

And I thank kateg for making it very much easy to understand :)

Hope you have got the purpose of talk now..

If not yet, then forget it buddy.. :)

Don't take much stress and enjoy the life :)

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
So here is a question Who say that there are even 1 with a 755 score???? this may just be a cut off point.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bud_weiser said:
So here is a question Who say that there are even 1 with a 755 score???? this may just be a cut off point.
??? ya.. there are many such :( super-intelligent :( people on this forum..

pls check some of the posts with title 9th draw or 755 cutoff and so on..

without any evidence, they continue to claim that LMIA has played a major role in recent hike of CRS to 755 points and so on.

So, I thought of creating this post, just to highlight the fact, that It is not possible for any person outside of Canada who have 155 points and he got ITA with 600 points of LMIA..
I also tried to make a hypothecial example of some FSW applicant with the CRS score and points calculation for PR application.

However I was not aware of CEC, so one forum member kateg has explained that if any applicant is applying under CEC through EE, then he can surely get ITA through canadian work experience and LMIA.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
bud_weiser said:
As someone who designs software, I have an educated guess that they approach the draws more from a number of people standpoint than a target score standpoint, perhaps with a floor of 450 points. There are a number of reasons for doing this, and it's consistent with the stated goals and the previous results. Given that the number of LMIAs change regularly, and that people will be put back into the pool (and new people will join), picking a target number of people can easily accommodate any changes to the pool composition. That would also be why the scores end up odd numbers - that's what it ends up once they set their target.

If this is correct, then the score will reflect one or more person actually in the pool. They have a lot of people in there, and there is a decent score distribution going on (just like we see in the EE spreadsheet). I'd be willing to bet money that there is at least one candidate that actually has a 755 score. I have no clue if that's just because he has a spouse and didn't bother with an ECA due to a Canadian degree, but I'm fairly certain he exists.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hey guys another side of the picture that many of you have missed.

We are a bunch of colleagues all hired on LMIAs writing specialized software for years out of home countries and are eligible for CEC.

Because scoring a 1000 or 1100 is not a prize in CRS (Thankfully) and all of us would be happy as long as we get a confirmed ITA, none of us bothered to claim points for education (because that requires paying and waiting for an ECA) for self, nor education or language test for spouse.

I guess this rounds 4-5 of us with in the range of around 800 to 850 mainly differing because of Language test scores. Probably if we take foreign experience out of the equation, score gets low enough.

That doesn't mean none of us went to school or are illiterates. We just don't need additional points.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Well, there we go.

Throw in a lower language score, someone a little bit older, who doesn't bother with ECA or spouse language, and you can get a pretty low score :)