+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

food counter attandent pnp application in BC

aman1

Jan 4, 2011
Hello

is someone applied bcpnp under food counter attendant and share their experience.
please i need some advice bcz i going to apply under that category.seniors any advice

thanks

tee1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
aman1 said:
Hello

is someone applied bcpnp under food counter attendant and share their experience.
please i need some advice bcz i going to apply under that category.seniors any advice

thanks
Food counter attendant is an eligible occupation under the BC PNP. I'd recommend having a good read through the BC PNP website. It contains all the information you need in order to apply. For semi skilled you will need to pass the English language test to the required level.

Good luck

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
hello aman. im also food counter attendant at burger king.i was nominated by BC PNP in march 2013.

aman1

Jan 4, 2011
Hello

thebassi35

i am aman ,thanks for u reply ,i am working in McDonalds on open work permit ,i came here with my husband ,he have TWP AS long haul truck driver,i ask my store manager for help me in pnp ,they r happy to help me so plz guide me to make my pnp application strong,do u have any lawyer contact info who r best for this .i hope u will guide me,

i looking forward for u reply

tee1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Amen

You don't need a lawyer. The PNP application is straight forward and the required steps are on the BC PNP website which is why I suggested you have a good read through it.
You will need to have been working for your employer full time for a minimum of 9 months. You'll also need to include payslips for the previous 9 months and an English language test. Just in-case you did not know your Husbands occupation as a truck driver is also an eligible occupation under the BC PNP semi skilled stream so if it works out better he could be the principal applicant instead.

The employer recommendation letter is the best chance for you to sell your case to the BC PNP but for the Semi skilled stream you application does not need to be "strong". As long as your employer and job offer are both eligible then it already been determined via industry reports that the selected semi skilled occupations under the BC PNP can't meet there recruitment and retention needs without immigration.

If your employer has recruitment issues then make sure that is mentioned in your employer support letter. Other than that describe how your employer met you, how you have contribute to the company so far and what they believe you can contribute in the future and reasons for wanting to keep you.

Something to keep in mind is that for Semi skilled applications that are rejected in the majority of cases its because the LICO has not been met for family size. If you and you husband both have permits then the PNP will consider both your salaries and it must be above $26,496 for Metro Vancouver or $22,081 for the rest of BC. This amount is higher if you have children.

Good luck

aman1

Jan 4, 2011
Hello

tee1

can u plz explain the line
" As long as your employer and job offer are both eligible then it already been determined via industry reports that the selected semi skilled occupations under the BC PNP can't meet there recruitment and retention needs without immigration."

thanks

tee1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
aman1 said:
Hello

tee1

can u plz explain the line
" As long as your employer and job offer are both eligible then it already been determined via industry reports that the selected semi skilled occupations under the BC PNP can't meet there recruitment and retention needs without immigration."

thanks
What I mean is that there's already a recognized shortage of people to do the jobs listed in the semi skilled stream, that's why they were picked. Without immigration there won't be enough people to fill the job openings in these occupations over the next 10/20years so unlike the skilled stream your not going to have to prove that the employer tried to recruit a Canadian and that they must have you and only you. As long as you include everything needed in the application, you work enough hours (average of 30 or more per week year round),you get paid enough and your employer is eligible you should be good to go.

Just take your time to get familiar with the application and forms needed. Its can be confusing at first but you'll soon get the grips of them

florbv77

Nov 19, 2018
Hello! My husband is a part-time crew member at Mcdonald's for 3 months now, and at the same time full-time associate at Walmart. Do you think if he goes full-time at Mcdonald's, he would qualify for BC PNP Entry Level and Semi- Skilled stream? He's willing to give up the Walmart job if he can be sure that being full-time at Mcdonald's will qualify for BCPNP ELSS. Thank you in advance to those who will reply.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello! My husband is a part-time crew member at Mcdonald's for 3 months now, and at the same time full-time associate at Walmart. Do you think if he goes full-time at Mcdonald's, he would qualify for BC PNP Entry Level and Semi- Skilled stream? He's willing to give up the Walmart job if he can be sure that being full-time at Mcdonald's will qualify for BCPNP ELSS. Thank you in advance to those who will reply.
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/News.aspx

Read the March 30th entry. It's very possible ELSS will be excluded for quite some time.