+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FOIA US Entry Exit Request - Sharing timeline - entries question

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just and fyi sent my request in on Dec 13 and received my paperwork by email on Feb 28. One question I had does US Border Patrol use flight manifest for capturing some of this data. Just seems like this data is all over the place. Has me coming into Canada multiple days apart. Seems like if I had a scheduled flight for Friday they added that to their system but if I changed my flight and came home on Thursday instead now the foia record shows both Thursday and Friday as outbound from US. Not sure if anyone has experience in reviewing these records.

younan02

Feb 21, 2017
Just and fyi sent my request in on Dec 13 and received my paperwork by email on Feb 28. One question I had does US Border Patrol use flight manifest for capturing some of this data. Just seems like this data is all over the place. Has me coming into Canada multiple days apart. Seems like if I had a scheduled flight for Friday they added that to their system but if I changed my flight and came home on Thursday instead now the foia record shows both Thursday and Friday as outbound from US. Not sure if anyone has experience in reviewing these records.
hi there,

i got similar problems with my FOIA report. Could you advise how you resolved the issue? Did you appeal? Thanks!

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Curious how IRCC asks for travel history through email from the case processing officer or the office processing the file? And do they update on your tracker when they request you to provide travel history?

One more question, is there a faster way of getting the requested information from the FOIA website?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks! Did the officer know that the FOIA report may have inaccurate/missing information?
I think that we shouldnt be worrying about whats in those records. We just need to have correct entry exit in our application and just produce whatever given to us by cbp to citizenship officer. Let the citizenship officer question and then you can explain as i dont think cbp will ever change the records or cab be done on time and its more of a headache. Citizenship officer will just want to cross check if dates are mostly matching with cbsa records and your residence calculator(doubt that they really fully verify each line trusting just cbp records).

Out of 700 entries, i saw 2-3 missing but not sure if we can do anything or we should worry about it. Currently sent to the officer whatever i received from foia, will have to see what happens. I havent seen any member talked about citizenship officer raising issues over cbp entry exit records. So thinking we should be ok as long as we just send the officer the cbp entry exits.

Reactions: younan02

bimmerm3m5

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
I've requested this information for myself from both the US and Canada. If you specifically ask for border crossings, that's what will be provided. Takes a month or two to receive. It's important to provide as much identification evidence as possible - current/old passports, NEXUS card info, etc.

I used to fly to the US weekly from Canada for years, so my history was very extensive. You are wise to request this for travel history, and I'm frankly surprised more people don't request it. For Canada, and presumably the US, their immigration agencies go directly to the customs/border agencies to get this information, so it's best to gather the same information they use.

For the US specifically, you can request a LOT more information about your flight bookings....all the way down to the IP address used to book the reservation. Check out these links if you're curious:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/05/ask-ars-can-i-see-what-the-feds-know-about-where-ive-traveled/?comments=1

https://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/001607.html

Reactions: younan02 and A_S