+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flight choices for those with approved study permits before Match 18, 2020

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Hello GradStudent18!,

As I mentioned in one of the thread, one of my friend travelled to Alberta on 24th June 2020 even though his classes were moved to online. So, we can't negate the option of travelling out rightly.

What I learned till date is that flying from India is a concern due to improper guidelines of Air India. But, if you are lucky enough to get through AI barriers, entering to Canada will not be an issue. So, I am exploring the option through one of the travel agent who is quite sure that I can reach to Canada. Even he is ready to take the responsibility that I don't face any issues with AI. Now, he is discussing my issue with his AI counterpart and he will come back at earliest.

I agree with you...

That's great news! Thanks a lot for posting hopeful things :) Much needed positivity!

If you don't mind, when are you planning to travel ?

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Hii

Thanks a lot for the information. So I will proceed with my things then.
I too want to proceed and make plans for travel please...

If you don't mind, could you please tell me whether you're booking on Air India or is there some other alternative? When are you planning to travel please?

I'll be grateful for any advice you can spare please...

Peter88

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
I agree with you...

That's great news! Thanks a lot for posting hopeful things :) Much needed positivity!

If you don't mind, when are you planning to travel ?
I am planning my travel around 25th August 2020 as my classes will start from 10th Sept. 2020.

I just received a confirmation from my Travel Agent that he has received a confirmation from AI that they won't create any issue if I will have following documents.

1. Admission Letter
2. Approved Visa
3. Port of Entry Letter

I have asked him to give me in writing along with the assurance of refunding 100% booking amount within 72 Hrs if at all anything goes wrong.

Reactions: Shahin3583

Shahin3583

Jan 22, 2020
I too want to proceed and make plans for travel please...

If you don't mind, could you please tell me whether you're booking on Air India or is there some other alternative? When are you planning to travel please?

I'll be grateful for any advice you can spare please...
Hii

right now AI is the only option. I will try through some travel agency. But before that I will wait for my support letter from my institution for permission to arrive in Canada. After that I will proceed for booking for 3rd week of august hopefully through either normal passenger flights (if resumed) or else Vande Bharat mission flights if everything goes fine. My email id is: marine06.shahin@gmail.com. We can discuss in email and keep updated our progress here for others accordingly.

Shahin3583

Jan 22, 2020
I am planning my travel around 25th August 2020 as my classes will start from 10th Sept. 2020.

I just received a confirmation from my Travel Agent that he has received a confirmation from AI that they won't create any issue if I will have following documents.

1. Admission Letter
2. Approved Visa
3. Port of Entry Letter

I have asked him to give me in writing along with the assurance of refunding 100% booking amount within 72 Hrs if at all anything goes wrong.
Greattttt!!!!

if you don't mind may I ask which is your destination in Canada? I will also catch up with my travel agency now again.

gursewak singh

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
SANGRUR,PUNJAB,INDIA
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-11-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
25-09-2013
i was checking flights info and Air France as well as Emirates both have flights to Delhi as well as Toronto but having layover.
For Emirates its Dubai which is going to ask for Covid PCR test reports after 1st august. [but flights to Dubai are only for UAE residents, maybe they have started for all Dubai is opened for tourists now]
But Lufthansa is also under taking permissions to India and hope they start from next month.
But overall 4 days are left. Hope India and Canada brings happy news for all.
Hope for the best....
Sorry forgot about Air India even if they permit i can't see any available ticket till 1 october they say its sold out{i stopped checking after this date} maybe its an error or if its real, then they need more flights i guess.

Reactions: GradStudent18

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Really a bad NEWS!
This article just says that online is non-essential, and we can't travel if it's online. So disappointing.

When will Covid end? I guess Canads will allow us to enter only if Covid ends.

MERS (Middle-east respiratory syndrome) - similar to Covid - got over in 8 months on its own, without a vaccine. This was around 2014 I guess...

Why can't Covid just end? It's already destroyed so much in people's lives. Enough damage done already. It's time to stop now.

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
This article just says that online is non-essential, and we can't travel if it's online. So disappointing.

When will Covid end? I guess Canads will allow us to enter only if Covid ends.

MERS (Middle-east respiratory syndrome) - similar to Covid - got over in 8 months on its own, without a vaccine. This was around 2014 I guess...

Why can't Covid just end? It's already destroyed so much in people's lives. Enough damage done already. It's time to stop now.
Many Vietnamese students got in with no problems. One student just allowed in today. All have online classes, most of them are first time fliers. The student got in today doesn't even have a support letter from school, just loa, passport, POE letter, etc. 2 questions asked: Why travel this time because it's too early and quarantine place: if the student shares a room with anyone.

Peter88

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Many Vietnamese students got in with no problems. One student just allowed in today. All have online classes, most of them are first time fliers. The student got in today doesn't even have a support letter from school, just loa, passport, POE letter, etc. 2 questions asked: Why travel this time because it's too early and quarantine place: if the student shares a room with anyone.
Good to know some positive updates.

What I interpret from all these cases is that I am just being over cautious. One proverb is apt for this situation 'Fortune Favours the Brave'.

Last edited:

gursewak singh

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
SANGRUR,PUNJAB,INDIA
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-11-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
25-09-2013
has anyone from India contacted Air India if they allow first time flying students on their flights

Peter88

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
has anyone from India contacted Air India if they allow first time flying students on their flights
My travel agent has asked and confirmed that there are no issues for first time travellers as far as they are meeting Canadian Government Guidelines. But, I consider this statement as diplomatic.