+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FLAGPOOLING DOUBT

wing11

Apr 6, 2020
My husband also holds a PGWP, the correspondence letter he received said that the work permit was going to have a validity of 3 years, but once he arrived at the airport they issued the work permit for only 2 years because that was the length of his studies, even though the correspondence letter said 3 years so this is normal I believe, it does not have anything to do if you flagpole or not. The same happened to you or they actually gave you less than the length of your studies?
if applying online, I believe that we will get 3 years, as students in my college got 3 years for the same program. The reason why I went to flagpole because I got a job offer from an employer who does not accept implied status.

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022
if applying online, I believe that we will get 3 years, as students in my college got 3 years for the same program. The reason why I went to flagpole because I got a job offer from an employer who does not accept implied status.
I see, well he applied online but from outside Canada, we were kind of shock at the airport when they told him that the WP was going to be valid for 2 years only. If students of your same program got theirs for 3 years makes me think it just depends on the officer either if you flagpole, got it at the POE at the airport or if it is mailed to you

wing11

Apr 6, 2020
I see, well he applied online but from outside Canada, we were kind of shock at the airport when they told him that the WP was going to be valid for 2 years only. If students of your same program got theirs for 3 years makes me think it just depends on the officer either if you flagpole, got it at the POE at the airport or if it is mailed to you
I got it right away at the border. I asked an immigration consultant about this and got the answer that the officers at the POE have no clear understanding about this kind of thing and she told me flagpole is not recommended if you are not in a hurry.

• Sad
Reactions: JGMF22

vinodk7000

Jun 5, 2019
I got it right away at the border. I asked an immigration consultant about this and got the answer that the officers at the POE have no clear understanding about this kind of thing and she told me flagpole is not recommended if you are not in a hurry.
Even I'm in same situation, got only 2 years work permit. Can you please check your DM