+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FLAGPOOLING DOUBT

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022
Hello everyone,

I need some advice

I have been waiting for my work permit to be approved since first week of February, eligibility has not even started yet.

I am considering flag pooling but here is my question:

I am from a US-visa required country and I DON'T have a US visa neither have been there ever. Can I still flagpole in this situation or do I need a US visa?

Has anyone been in this situation before?

Thanks!

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Why don't you call Customs & Border Protection in the town nearby to the Port of Entry? They actually pick up the phone and are helpful.

wing11

Apr 6, 2020
Hello everyone,

I need some advice

I have been waiting for my work permit to be approved since first week of February, eligibility has not even started yet.

I am from a US-visa required country and I DON'T have a US visa neither have been there ever. Can I still flagpole in this situation or do I need a US visa?

Thanks!
how did you decide, finally? I am planning to flagpole because my employer does not approve the implied status.

Reactions: JGMF22

BIGDADA

Sep 13, 2022
Hello everyone,

I need some advice

Thanks!
Flagpoling is easy and straightforward. No reason for fear or worries. You do NOT need a US visa to flagpole. If you are from a country that requires TRV to enter Canada, you must have a valid TRV before you flagpole. Days and time schedules are different at each land border. You can google the closest land border to you to check their time schedule for flagpoling. Please go with all relevant documents like passport, evidence of pending online application, evidence of current status in Canada, etc. Fees may be required, you can pay in cash or use your bank card. The process takes about 1-2 hours on the average. This advice is from my personal experience. There are also several youtube videos that addressed this. All the best!

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022
Flagpoling is easy and straightforward. No reason for fear or worries. You do NOT need a US visa to flagpole. If you are from a country that requires TRV to enter Canada, you must have a valid TRV before you flagpole. Days and time schedules are different at each land border. You can google the closest land border to you to check their time schedule for flagpoling. Please go with all relevant documents like passport, evidence of pending online application, evidence of current status in Canada, etc. Fees may be required, you can pay in cash or use your bank card. The process takes about 1-2 hours on the average. This advice is from my personal experience. There are also several youtube videos that addressed this. All the best!
Thank you so much, I just got approved yesterday so I won’t have to flagpole but this info is useful for the future, thanks!!

Reactions: BIGDADA

Kisayl123

Sep 8, 2022
I applied work permit on 28 march and still waiting but I am applied visitor record and work permit under public policy ..now 166 days over I think as per shown online process time..flagpoling is the way to get work permit if I am on applied status...I applied before expir my status in Canada..
Guide me for flagpoling..

Kisayl123

Sep 8, 2022
Thank you so much, I just got approved yesterday so I won’t have to flagpole but this info is useful for the future, thanks!!
Hi can you share me your experience is it your application visitor to work conversion and are you inside canada and are you from which state did apply..

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022
Hi can you share me your experience is it your application visitor to work conversion and are you inside canada and are you from which state did apply..
Hello, I applied inside Canada, I had a visitor record issued at the airport when I arrived last year which was valid until next year, so then yes my case is visitor to worker. I was not under implied status. I applied from QC.

wing11

Apr 6, 2020
warning!!, I did flagpole and lost 1 year of work-permit as some reported recently with flagpole. Just in case you guys accepted the risk or Flagpole is a NO NO at the moment

• Wow

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022
warning!!, I did flagpole and lost 1 year of work-permit as some reported recently with flagpole. Just in case you guys accepted the risk or Flagpole is a NO NO at the moment
Hello, I am sorry to hear that. Could you share more about it? Why that happened? What did they tell you?

wing11

Apr 6, 2020
Hello, I am sorry to hear that. Could you share more about it? Why that happened? What did they tell you?
They said they gave pgwp based on the length of study from your completion letter, if on the letter says 2 years you will get 2 years, if 16 months you will get 16 months.

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022
They said they gave pgwp based on the length of study from your completion letter, if on the letter says 2 years you will get 2 years, if 16 months you will get 16 months.
And they gave you less than the length of your studies?

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022
My husband also holds a PGWP, the correspondence letter he received said that the work permit was going to have a validity of 3 years, but once he arrived at the airport they issued the work permit for only 2 years because that was the length of his studies, even though the correspondence letter said 3 years so this is normal I believe, it does not have anything to do if you flagpole or not. The same happened to you or they actually gave you less than the length of your studies?