+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FLAGPOLLING TOMORROW - ADVISE??

dlmt

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
We are heading to Buffalo tomorrow - we received our PPR last Thursday. We plan on having the passport stamped at the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo and then coming back through the Canadian border to land.

Anyone have any advise on this? Is it pretty straightforward. We are driving my husband's truck there which has US plates, we plan on importing it on our way through the border - we also have a list of goods to follow.

Advise would be appreciated!!

Thanks.

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
Why are you going to the consolate in Buffalo? You should be able to land at the Canadian border office. Flagpoling means you aren't actually entering the US.

dlmt

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Kess said:
Why are you going to the consolate in Buffalo? You should be able to land at the Canadian border office. Flagpoling means you aren't actually entering the US.
I believe we have to have our passport stamped. There seems to be 2 options, mail the passport, or go to the office and have it stamped. If you mail it, it will take up to 3 weeks to come back.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
dlmt said:
I believe we have to have our passport stamped. There seems to be 2 options, mail the passport, or go to the office and have it stamped. If you mail it, it will take up to 3 weeks to come back.
You're right. You can't land at a Canadian port of entry yet because you don't actually have your PR visa and COPR yet--which is why you're going to Buffalo :).

Kess is right about the flagpoling though; you're technically not "flagpoling" if you're actually going INTO the States for something and coming back to Canada later. In any case, I know there are a ton of threads floating about already about landing experience and advice at the US/Canadian borders. But hopefully someone who's done it recently can chime in and help you out soon.

dlmt

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Rinnerz said:
You're right. You can't land at a Canadian port of entry yet because you don't actually have your PR visa and COPR yet--which is why you're going to Buffalo :).

Kess is right about the flagpoling though; you're technically not "flagpoling" if you're actually going INTO the States for something and coming back to Canada later. In any case, I know there are a ton of threads floating about already about landing experience and advice at the US/Canadian borders. But hopefully someone who's done it recently can chime in and help you out soon.
Thanks!