+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling for study permit extension and trv extension

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
Hi everyone,I am here in Novo Scotia for the may intake.My passport is valid only till Nov 2019 and is already under process in Indian Consulate Toronto.I was thinking to flagpole for the study permit extension and visa extension once i recieve the renewed passport.Kindly suggest what all documents are needed.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi everyone,I am here in Novo Scotia for the may intake.My passport is valid only till Nov 2019 and is already under process in Indian Consulate Toronto.I was thinking to flagpole for the study permit extension and visa extension once i recieve the renewed passport.Kindly suggest what all documents are needed.
1. You might wish to read the following information posted on the IRCC website

"Foreign nationals who are in Canada as temporary residents and are seeking to extend their temporary resident status must apply by electronic means only, unless otherwise specified. This regulatory amendment prescribes that most temporary residence applications made from within Canada be made via an electronic application, specifically all of the following:

• applications for extensions of temporary resident status made from within Canada
  • applications for study or work permits made from within Canada
  • applications for renewals of study or work permits made from within Canada
Subject to the exceptions in cases of disability or where systems are unavailable or unreliable due to natural disasters or system issues or outages, the proposed amendments would require that applications be made online. In addition, the department would continue to receive paper applications from clients who are unable to apply through the Come to Canada tool.

Clients who apply electronically would still be subject to all other eligibility and admissibility requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR)."

Reactions: vindin

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
i got an email on June 26th that my application has been updated.Its written we have started to review your file.

That's weird,
I applied on July 3rd and they started reviewing eligibility same day.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
ya..i too think each case is dealt differently...did u get ur approval

Still waiting .

We are reviewing eligibility requirements .

What’s the current timeline ?
Did you see any extensions getting approved of others ?

What was processing time when you submitted your application?

Reactions: vindin

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
Still waiting .

We are reviewing eligibility requirements .

What’s the current timeline ?
Did you see any extensions getting approved of others ?

What was processing time when you submitted your application?
i got my approval on May 27th...now waiting for Hard copy...My friend also got approval in that week.But we both are new students and just applied for study permit extension because of passport renewal.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
i got my approval on May 27th...now waiting for Hard copy...My friend also got approval in that week.But we both are new students and just applied for study permit extension because of passport renewal.

You got approval on May 27 , when you applied on May 27 ?

Are you sure ?
Same day approval when you applied ?