Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
07-06-2019
Passport Req..
06-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you guys think I can land on Christmas day (Wednesday)?

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Thank you for sharing experience. Please advise what are the documents to be shared for flagpoling - COPR, Passport, photos -> Any other documents?

Sajal Bansal

Feb 24, 2019
Hi ! I am planning to flagpole on Sarnia border on a friday. My question is can I flagpole there on foot as i don't have a car.
Thank you

zini_zinparast

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Ontario
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
12-09-2019
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
07-06-2019
Passport Req..
06-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Hi ! I am planning to flagpole on Sarnia border on a friday. My question is can I flagpole there on foot as i don't have a car.
Thank you
No You cannot. you need to drive to the US border.

Reactions: Sajal Bansal

Sajal Bansal

Feb 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

So i will tell you about my experience at Sarnia border. I flag poled for my work permit on 3 Jan 2019. I reached their around 1:00am and the US border officer asked my purpose of visit. As u may know that we cannot cross Sarnia border on foot and have to go on a car, so I traveled with my friend. He also asked how do we know each other. He took both our passports.So i told the officer that I am here to flagpole. He asked where I live and on my saying Ontario he got angry and said that why didn't i visit Niagara border as it was closer to me and that coming to Sarnia was not a good choice. So i told him that Sarnia border is open 24/7 and is a good option. Then he announced on the speaker that we have a flagpole and then told us to park our car and go inside.

We went inside the US border office and there was no one there other than us and there were 4 officers. So i went to one and then told him that i am here for flag pole. He then asked for our passports and did the processing and then gave me the flag pole paper (this process took around 30 min) and took our car to the Canadian side and told us to drive back from there.

We drove back and reached the Canada border and the officer asked my purpose of visit, I said flag pole and gave him my passport and the flagpole paper. He too asked how do we know each other. He then told us to drive straight and go inside the office. We went inside again there was no one except us and the lady asked why am i here. So i had my Work Permit approval letter and handed it over to her, she processed it and gave me my work permit. It took 10 min. Then we drove back to our place.

PS : Your friend can only travel with you if he/she has both the US and Canada visa with multiple entries.

I hope my experience helps you guys.

GOOD LUCK !

Andre11S

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney - NS
Nomination.....
24-03-2023
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Did anyone went recently to Sarnia border for flagpole.. need some inputs
Hi, If you want to get there to apply for a work permit extension, notice that it is not allowed anymore.

spavan87

Nov 30, 2023
I want to apply for spouse open work permit and visitor record for US Born kid.
Do you mean they are not accepting any kind of flagpole there?
Hi, If you want to get there to apply for a work permit extension, notice that it is not allowed anymore.

cham29

Oct 19, 2020
I don’t think that is the right way to read it. They are simply stating that for those borders there are specific hours to stick to when having to renew/ apply certain permits.

what was the reasoning they gave you for not being able to extend at Blue Water Bridge?

Andre11S

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney - NS
Nomination.....
24-03-2023
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
The officer was rude TBH, and let me clear they had more important things to do and that I should know that I must apply online. I was looking for the right info because this year, the Minister released a new measure in which he states that It is not possible to apply at the border with some exceptions. Maybe this link is more clear.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/place-application-visa-electronic-travel-authorization-study-permit-work-permit/exempt-electronic-applications.html