+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling at Sarnia

srkohli

Jan 17, 2018
Hello,

My application was approved and I am expecting to get my passport to come back tomorrow. I am planning to do the flagpoling on Sunday(as I can't do it during weekdays) at Sarnia(Blue water bridge). Is there anyone who recently did their flagpoling at Sarnia? I am concerned if they allow to do it during the weekends.

Thanks!

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
Hello,

My application was approved and I am expecting to get my passport to come back tomorrow. I am planning to do the flagpoling on Sunday(as I can't do it during weekdays) at Sarnia(Blue water bridge). Is there anyone who recently did their flagpoling at Sarnia? I am concerned if they allow to do it during the weekends.

Thanks!
Please let me know, your experince. I want to do it and Have no clue what should I be doing

srkohli

Jan 17, 2018
Please let me know, your experince. I want to do it and Have no clue what should I be doing
Hey, it was really really bad. DO NOT GO TO SARNIA. So I drove to the US side along with a friend(We both had US visas) 11AM in the morning today(Sunday). Had some personal work to do on the US side, so completed that, and came back to Canada side couple of hours later. There was absolutely no rush. Very few cars crossing the border as weather was also little foggy. And I gave mine and my friend's passport to the officer at the booth and told him that I want to do the landing on my COPR Basis and the other friend of mine is just giving me a company. So then he started searching through my passport pages. I had lots of stamps on my passport so it took him a little while to search a page on my passport where my work permit stamp was printed. My work permit is valid until 2019. Then he told me that my work permit is still valid till 2019 and I must book an appointment for inland landing and started saying really really nasty words. He just gave mine and my friend's passport back without doing any stamping !! If he didn't want to let me complete my PR landing, then atleast he should have stamped my friends passport for entry in Canada! He did not. He didn't even look at my friends work permit or didn't even ask for my work permit. And treated us as we committed some crime! If you have any restrictions or just don't want people to complete their formalities then just politely say no we can't do it here or there or do it during this time or whatever. I didn't mind him saying me to book an appointment if possible but there was no need to make any bad comments. It was extremely shocking someone on the canadian side border behaving like this! I have crossed US-Canada border by road so many times in my life but it was never ever this bad or rude. I hope nobody goes through this kind of experience. Very frustrating and shocking. And talking about landing chances at Sarnia, there are very few booths at the border on the both sides. Not very busy like Niagara borders. so there are very high chances that they just don't want people to rush there to complete there landing so they are just starting to send people back. I have heard that at Niagara they just do it during 8AM-11PM on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but you will get your job done. So it's better to spare a day and spend some time in the line at Niagara and get your job done than going through any rough experiences like mine

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
Hey, it was really really bad. DO NOT GO TO SARNIA. So I drove to the US side along with a friend(We both had US visas) 11AM in the morning today(Sunday). Had some personal work to do on the US side, so completed that, and came back to Canada side couple of hours later. There was absolutely no rush. Very few cars crossing the border as weather was also little foggy. And I gave mine and my friend's passport to the officer at the booth and told him that I want to do the landing on my COPR Basis and the other friend of mine is just giving me a company. So then he started searching through my passport pages. I had lots of stamps on my passport so it took him a little while to search a page on my passport where my work permit stamp was printed. My work permit is valid until 2019. Then he told me that my work permit is still valid till 2019 and I must book an appointment for inland landing and started saying really really nasty words. He just gave mine and my friend's passport back without doing any stamping !! If he didn't want to let me complete my PR landing, then atleast he should have stamped my friends passport for entry in Canada! He did not. He didn't even look at my friends work permit or didn't even ask for my work permit. And treated us as we committed some crime! If you have any restrictions or just don't want people to complete their formalities then just politely say no we can't do it here or there or do it during this time or whatever. I didn't mind him saying me to book an appointment if possible but there was no need to make any bad comments. It was extremely shocking someone on the canadian side border behaving like this! I have crossed US-Canada border by road so many times in my life but it was never ever this bad or rude. I hope nobody goes through this kind of experience. Very frustrating and shocking. And talking about landing chances at Sarnia, there are very few booths at the border on the both sides. Not very busy like Niagara borders. so there are very high chances that they just don't want people to rush there to complete there landing so they are just starting to send people back. I have heard that at Niagara they just do it during 8AM-11PM on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but you will get your job done. So it's better to spare a day and spend some time in the line at Niagara and get your job done than going through any rough experiences like mine
OMG. Thank you so much for helping me out but telling the whole story. I totally agree that if they dont want to help, just say no, rather than getting angry and wasting people's time. The worst part is being an immigrant, you cant say anything to them. I feel for you. So have you booked an apointment with them ? could you tell me how?

srkohli

Jan 17, 2018
OMG. Thank you so much for helping me out but telling the whole story. I totally agree that if they dont want to help, just say no, rather than getting angry and wasting people's time. The worst part is being an immigrant, you cant say anything to them. I feel for you. So have you booked an apointment with them ? could you tell me how?
No I am not going to book an appointment because I feel like it's even worse. I have a friend who booked an appointment (He got an appointment after 7 weeks from the day he called). He went to their inland landing location, got interviewed and it the end the office told him that he will have to cross the border via land tell the officer at the border that all the formalities are done but inland landing office could not initiate his PR Card process! Gross!! and guess what, after that he went to Niagara and stood in line for 4 hours and they did all the procedure again! This is the incident which actually inspired me to travel little far and get it done but I think it depends little on your luck man. I am not sure what I am going to do next but I might give it a shot at Niagara someday this week. Let me know how you plan to do it and share your experience please. Thanks.

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry to hear your experience. Would you really get your job done in Niagara even if you go later on in the day though? I heard there is a qouta and if anybody comes after that, they don't do it.

My application is currently under process and I will likely be doing the landing in a month, has anybody gone to Niagara falls border after their work? (getting there around 7/8) and did they process the landing?

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
I am very sorry to hear your situation. if you do not mind what was his actual words? I completed my flagpoling in BC border (Pacific Highway). the whole process of flagpoling and PR landing took 5-8 minutes total. I spent more than 10 minutes just to cross borders between US and Canada by walking in the rain.

BogusApplicant

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
I flagpoled at Sarnia last Saturday without any issues. I did spend more than an hour in the traffic on the bridge getting into the US and in the US CBP office to get the administrative denial form. However once I reached Canada, I was in and out in 20 minutes. There are hardly anyone in the office.

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
anyone landed at Sarnia in February? I want to go to Port Huron, do some shopping with my family and come back the next day? wondering what type of reception we will get

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
anyone landed at Sarnia in February? I want to go to Port Huron, do some shopping with my family and come back the next day? wondering what type of reception we will get
Hello, how was your landing? Still planning to go to Sarnia this weekend too but a bit hesitant.

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
I had a smooth landing. The officer did encourage us that we should have use the landing at the Etobicoke office option, but he was still pleasant. we were there early Sunday morning , only family at first until another couple came along. Wasn’t busy at all and it took about 15 - 20 minutes for he officer complete everything and send us on our way.

Reactions: mehulmistry4

mehulmistry4

May 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-11-2021
Nomination.....
28-09-2021

Visiting US and flag poling is different. When you are going for flag poling you have to mention that and they US will give you flag poling paper. Me and my few friends and their spouse had smooth experience. I am going tomorrow for my parents PR. FYI, my flag poling was done on 13 AUG 2017.

Immizu

Aug 1, 2019
Hi!

I went Sarina port of entry today around 1:00pm. My wife has US visa but me and son don’t have the US visa. We flagpole at the border. The staff is super friendly. He treated us very well.

Then we go to Canada border agency it took around 20 mins and everything was done. The lady is super super helpful. I recommend this is the most easiest border to flagpole rather than going to Niagara which has long queues and quota. Also, staff is super friendly at Sarina Border.

Reactions: Elan87

Elan87

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi!
Bro can you please guide me cause I tried all the other 3 borders in Niagara but it doesn’t work
I went Sarina port of entry today around 1:00pm. My wife has US visa but me and son don’t have the US visa. We flagpole at the border. The staff is super friendly. He treated us very well.

Then we go to Canada border agency it took around 20 mins and everything was done. The lady is super super helpful. I recommend this is the most easiest border to flagpole rather than going to Niagara which has long queues and quota. Also, staff is super friendly at Sarina Border.

Elan87

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
bro can you please guide me I need your help regarding landing I tired today 3 times in all bridges near Niagara they send me back