+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoled, got PGWP

cisco_kidd

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Hi All,

There was some valuable information in this forum and yesterday I flagpoled and received my PGWP on the spot. Prior to this I applied online in November and saw that the waiting time was too long after the fact.

I paid my $255 online, and when I flagpoled I paid another $255 there for the new application. My question is, since my online application hasn't been processed yet (hasn't even been looked at) is it possible to cancel it and get back my $255?

Thanks

Babasalaa1

Mar 27, 2015
Yes, it is possible to get a refund of $100 for open work permit. $155 will not be refunded because it involves administrative charges.

Where did you flagpoled?

Nas_AA

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
I applied for my PGWP on November 20th and I really can't wait to get my PGWP. I have many jobs lining up and I am afraid to lose them.

Do you think flagpoling is really a safe way to fasten your application ? Do I have to leave the country first?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
get to usa border - seek administrative refusal - turn around - obtaiin appropriate wp from poe officer

fastest - safest

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
I did flagpolling at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls. Get your documents ready, select a day(less windy one, the day I chose was too windy. ;D) Get there early in the morning and you are all set.

Good luck.

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Can we flagpole for extension? I mean the one i have is expiring on previous passport's expiry. So i want to apply again.

Regards,

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
I didnt flagpole - I am telling you how to do it

any USA border - you may choose to flagpole as need be

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
nex10 said:
I did flagpolling at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls. Get your documents ready, select a day(less windy one, the day I chose was too windy. ;D) Get there early in the morning and you are all set.

Good luck.
Please advise what docs you took with you ?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
my friend I am a canadian citizen - i am advising how to do it

explain your details as to why u looking to flagpole ?

Mrharry

Jan 12, 2014
When I did flagploe to get PGWP I provided Passport ,Study Permit ,Transcripts,Confirmation of Graduation letter and Canadian Address Proof.

Canguy05

Jan 23, 2016
Hi
I have to extend my PGWP, initially i was issued a pgwp untill the expiry of my passport
I applied for extension but my application was returned because i paid the wrong fee amount

can i flagpole at a boarder to extend my PGWP ?
Asvice
Thanks in advance for help

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Whoa! I now understand that there is something called 'Flagpole' but am not sure if I can use it. So here is my situation:

- My spouse has a Work Permit and already working in Canada (NOC A). Permit is valid for another 15 months
- I am in Canada on a visitor visa (multiple entry and valid)
- Both are Indian PP holders
- I applied to CIC (online) in October but its seems like an eternal wait...

Can I flagpole? Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
your requirement dont demand the urgency of a spot processing on a flagpole - hence you may choose to wait although flag pole isn't a closed walll for you - you may still opt for it