+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoled, got PGWP

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
@Nurat: i called up cic. I have 2 applications, i cancelled the first one but i didnt receive any refund.

Abhir1989

Feb 25, 2013
Hello Guys,

Me and My wife are in a situation and hope you can help me out with it.

My wife has applied for a PGWP last week and the current processing time is showing up as 140 days. Her sister is getting married and we have booked tickets for March 2016.

Seeing that the processing times were too high she is a bit dejected that she would not be able to go home. I saw your post about FLAG POLE and got a ray of hope and was wondering how to go about it.

I have some questions that I could not get answers to out of your comments here.

1) We do not have a car, can we just walk over and get this done at Niagara falls?
2) Her Study permit only expires in March can she still do it?
3) We have applied online for the same, will that hamper our chances

Your help would be more than appreciated

Thanking you

Abhinav R

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
I applied for PGWP extension in November, still waiting. It expries in 3 days. Today I arrived at Pearson and tried to extend my PGWP at the border, explained that I only got up until my old passport expiry date, however I was told that only cic can do it. I was hoping that it would work out. Maybe it only works when crossing border by land, however all port of entries should follow same procedures.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Hi!

To the people who flagpoled, do you guys come from a visa exempt country?

Thanks

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Anyone here who flagpoled at the Peace Arch Border in BC?

Vitro

Mar 17, 2016
cisco_kidd said:
Hi All,

There was some valuable information in this forum and yesterday I flagpoled and received my PGWP on the spot. Prior to this I applied online in November and saw that the waiting time was too long after the fact.

I paid my $255 online, and when I flagpoled I paid another $255 there for the new application. My question is, since my online application hasn't been processed yet (hasn't even been looked at) is it possible to cancel it and get back my $255?

Thanks
Where have you been man, F&&k that shit I've been waiting for very long.

I wanna do that right now get the car and go, but my visa expired, will that be a problem?

please let me know, I'm gonna run the car now

rezmal

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Hi all,
I just got the completion letter from University to apply for PGWP, I'm not exempt from visa- exempt country and my student visa is already expired last year.

It's very urgent! thanks!

kmi85

Jul 11, 2017
Hi all,
I just got the completion letter from University to apply for PGWP, I'm not exempt from visa- exempt country and my student visa is already expired last year.

How long has it been expired for? Because to apply for restoration it has to be within 90-days of getting a notice (or, how I'm counting it 90-days after your permit has expired and you did NOT apply before it did). Don't ask me how to go about the restoration process because I'm trying to figure that out myself as well.

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Hi all,

Hi all,

As long as your study permit is still valid (which it has to be to be eligible for a PGWP) you can still flagpole to the USA and do it at the border.

Here is the cbsa port of entry manual. Your exact situation is in the bottom of page 67.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
How long has it been expired for? Because to apply for restoration it has to be within 90-days of getting a notice (or, how I'm counting it 90-days after your permit has expired and you did NOT apply before it did). Don't ask me how to go about the restoration process because I'm trying to figure that out myself as well.
Restoration is only about restoring status that expired. It costs $200 and can be done online. Though if you already graduated, good luck restoring your student status.

Now study visa is a separate document. It's just relevant for entering the country and applying for a study permit at a visa office.

Thankfully no one needs a visa, even foreign nationals that normally need a visa for Canada, if they are returning to Canada after solely visiting the USA and still have valid status here.

kmi85

Jul 11, 2017
Restoration is only about restoring status that expired. It costs $200 and can be done online. Though if you already graduated, good luck restoring your student status.

Now study visa is a separate document. It's just relevant for entering the country and applying for a study permit at a visa office.

Thankfully no one needs a visa, even foreign nationals that normally need a visa for Canada, if they are returning to Canada after solely visiting the USA and still have valid status here.
Exactly, for me my problem is that I already graduated so how on earth can I apply for a restoration of status?

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
The student permit AND visa - both documents have the same date.
The visa is inconsequential. The expired permit is a problem. Without a valid permit there is no PGWP and without actively engaging in your studies there is no reason to grant you restoration. Sorry to say, whoever issued you that permit, screwed you by giving you so little wiggle room after graduation.

kmi85

Jul 11, 2017
The visa is inconsequential. The expired permit is a problem. Without a valid permit there is no PGWP and without actively engaging in your studies there is no reason to grant you restoration. Sorry to say, whoever issued you that permit, screwed you by giving you so little wiggle room after graduation.
Yes, I realize that now after reading the usual expiry date on the CIC. Usually is supposed to be 90 days after program length according to CIC, and my passport expires in 2024 so it's not like it's tied to my passports expiration date.