+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoled, got PGWP

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
terki said:
yes and as long as you can justify the urgency
Am I eligible to flagpole? I am looking to extend my PGWP.

I have applied for an extension to my PGWP Online. My PGWP also has the comment ' the bottom of your existing pgwp that say that case type 20 to be replaced with case type 56, eligible for extension when passport renewed.'

My concern is I have applied it on December 20th 2015 and only received the notification that the application has been received. I have not heard anything since.

Looking at the processing times, I see it takes a lot of time. My work permit is set to expire on Feb 20th 2016. I travel quite a bit for business reasons so I am looking ways to expedite the process and apply for the TRV as well.

I live in Vancouver. I do not have any sort of visa to the US.

In short, can I flagpole and get my extension to PGWP. I am really not concerned about the $255 I already spent. I can pay again.

If I am eligible to flagpole- what documents do I need? Is the current PGWP and my passport all I need?

Where can I flagpole from?

Please help. In a desperate situation. Thank you.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
yes walk over to nearest border crossing - seek administrative refusal from USA Home Office and revert back to Canada and request PGWP

good luck

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
terki said:
yes walk over to nearest border crossing - seek administrative refusal from USA Home Office and revert back to Canada and request PGWP

good luck
I am guessing this reply is to me? :D. What supporting documents should I carry with me? Does a Valid Passport, PGWP suffice? Do I need any other documents?

Please note I do not have a valid TRV at the moment. Mine expired a week ago.

The only documents I have currently is a Valid Sri Lankan Passport, Valid PGWP set to expire on Feb 20th. I can get a letter from my employer if needed.

Please advice. Thank you.

AbdulMajid

Jan 28, 2016
codeguru said:
Am I eligible to flagpole? I am looking to extend my PGWP.

I have applied for an extension to my PGWP Online. My PGWP also has the comment ' the bottom of your existing pgwp that say that case type 20 to be replaced with case type 56, eligible for extension when passport renewed.'

My concern is I have applied it on December 20th 2015 and only received the notification that the application has been received. I have not heard anything since.

Looking at the processing times, I see it takes a lot of time. My work permit is set to expire on Feb 20th 2016. I travel quite a bit for business reasons so I am looking ways to expedite the process and apply for the TRV as well.

I live in Vancouver. I do not have any sort of visa to the US.

In short, can I flagpole and get my extension to PGWP. I am really not concerned about the $255 I already spent. I can pay again.

If I am eligible to flagpole- what documents do I need? Is the current PGWP and my passport all I need?

Where can I flagpole from?

Please help. In a desperate situation. Thank you.
Hi, im in same situation, mine is expiring in march, want to do flagpoling, cuz mine is given to me until the passport expiration date. it states "client eligible for 3 year pgwp. restricted to passport expiration date"

need help about flagpolling. my visa is expired and i do not have u.s visa as well. please help please please. i dont mind paying 255 again, but the waiting time is so painful.

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
terki said:

good luck
Can you also 'flagpole' during the weekends like saturday or sunday?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
YES BORDER CROSSINIG IS 24/7 - at no time they will leave the border free - of course officers take turn in shifts , yes you are free to go in any time

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
As for flagpoling...
1. Do I really need to get the US authorities to give me an administrative refusal?
2. Will that have any impact on my future applications for visa to enter the US?
3. I have a valid visa for the US at the moment. Would that make a difference?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
1) Yes
2) No
3) then just get in USA for few hours and return to Canada without seeking admin refusal

Administrative refusal is nothing - its just to allow you backwards to Canada - no records are hampered

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hi terki,

Thanks a bunch for all the support. I flagpoled today at niagara and got the WP. Very happy but a little pained because I had to pay $255 all over again.

Would you know if I can withdraw / cancel my online application for SOWP and maybe get a full / partial refund? Any pointers would be helpful...

Cheers

terki said:
1) Yes
2) No
3) then just get in USA for few hours and return to Canada without seeking admin refusal

Administrative refusal is nothing - its just to allow you backwards to Canada - no records are hampered

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
@Terki - what's the process
@mims2000 - how did you cancel? Did you just simply call in? I do not see a 'withdraw' or 'cancel' link in my application.

I called to cancel, the guy on the phone said he would put a note on my file. The immigration officer would make the decision whether or not to refund. When I told him that I can see online that the 'Final Decision' has not yet started, I was shocked when he told me that what is shown online is not always the current status.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
You dont rely on call centre - they know less than what you guys know - so again as per rules - once withdrawn unless not processed - payment will be refunded to the same mode on what was paid to

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
mims2000 said:
I cancelled my wp extension before my application get processed. How will i able to refund tje.money? thanks
HI, did you flagpolled to extend your post graduate work permit. mine is given until passport expiration. i want to extend but 4 months of wait is bit too much for me. i want to confirm before i go there, and i want to know your story if its okay for you to tell me how did you get your extension at border.

thank you so much