21-08-2013
File Transfer...
21-11-2013
Med's Request
23-08-2013
Passport Req..
04-06-2014
Hello everyone,

I am just wondering if someone recently did his landing on Carway border in Alberta? I heard they don't offer the landing services anymore and you have to go to Coutts, AB? Is that true? or if someone recently did his landing in Carway shares his experience will be really helpful.

Thanks

engr.taha

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2013
File Transfer...
21-11-2013
Med's Request
23-08-2013
Passport Req..
04-06-2014
I did landing on last friday at Carway...it is ok to do landing there :)

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
engr.taha said:
I did landing on last friday at Carway...it is ok to do landing there :)
It's good to know! :) We are planning to do our landing on this Saturday, I'll share our experience later...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

horvathc said:
It's good to know! :) We are planning to do our landing on this Saturday, I'll share our experience later...
Note the Immigration Service hours at Carway: http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/offices-bureaux/654-eng.html

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
PMM said:
Hi

Note the Immigration Service hours at Carway: http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/offices-bureaux/654-eng.html
Hi,
Thanks, I checked this link and I also emailed CBSA and they replied back within a day, so I'm prepared. ;)
I'll share my experience soon. 8)

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
We - with my wife - successfully landed in Carway on Saturday, Aug 23, 2014.

Here is our experience:

We drove from Fort McMurray to Calgary and we just drove to the border on Saturday after breakfast. We arrived to the border a little bit after noon. At the US border we told them that we came here to land in Canada. They already know the procedure, so they asked us to park in the lot and come in to the building. When we went inside about a minute later an officer came with our refusal paper (however we have a visa but they didn't asked for it at all) and told us to good luck with our landing and that's all. They were all very kind and friendly.

Then we drove to the Canada border, and we met a not too friendly officer - I guess he just had a bad / busy day. We told them smiling - as we were exited in a positive way - that we came to land. Then he asked us, why we land in here, why we have not booked an appointment in Edmonton or Calgary. I told him that I did not knew that I can land there, and also in our landing paper was told: 1. drive to the border or go to an airport border to land 2. if you can not do this, then call this and this number, etc. But still, he told us that they are busy, several other waiting already, so it could take 4 hours or more, and it's not even sure we can land at the end if any data is not matching what's in the system, etc. My feeling was that he wanted to scare us away. :) But I told him, it's OK, we came to land so we'll wait, does not matter how ling we should. Then he took our passports and told us to park our car and go inside the building. There, a lady officer came - more friendly - and she took our landing papers and she asked for a proof of address - so I gave her my driving licence. Nothing else was required. Then we went to a waiting room what was full and waited....about after 1.5 hrs later they called my name (however there were some other people waiting longer than us), so we went to the officer's desk, "our officer" came with our paper, asked us to sign them, and he gave us the client copy signed then he told us to go to get our new SIN number and that's all. So I asked him, so we're good to go? We are PR now? And he just said, yeah, you good to go. (I was expecting something like congratulation, and to tell us few things, but nothing).

So we just drove away, stopped at the Welcome to Alberta sign to make a selfie about our landing, and then drove back to Calgary. ;) Actually we were happy, so we did not care much after about this unfriendly officer, the bottom line is that we are PR now!!!! :)

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
horvathc said:
We - with my wife - successfully landed in Carway on Saturday, Aug 23, 2014.

Here is our experience:

We drove from Fort McMurray to Calgary and we just drove to the border on Saturday after breakfast. We arrived to the border a little bit after noon. At the US border we told them that we came here to land in Canada. They already know the procedure, so they asked us to park in the lot and come in to the building. When we went inside about a minute later an officer came with our refusal paper (however we have a visa but they didn't asked for it at all) and told us to good luck with our landing and that's all. They were all very kind and friendly.

Then we drove to the Canada border, and we met a not too friendly officer - I guess he just had a bad / busy day. We told them smiling - as we were exited in a positive way - that we came to land. Then he asked us, why we land in here, why we have not booked an appointment in Edmonton or Calgary. I told him that I did not knew that I can land there, and also in our landing paper was told: 1. drive to the border or go to an airport border to land 2. if you can not do this, then call this and this number, etc. But still, he told us that they are busy, several other waiting already, so it could take 4 hours or more, and it's not even sure we can land at the end if any data is not matching what's in the system, etc. My feeling was that he wanted to scare us away. :) But I told him, it's OK, we came to land so we'll wait, does not matter how ling we should. Then he took our passports and told us to park our car and go inside the building. There, a lady officer came - more friendly - and she took our landing papers and she asked for a proof of address - so I gave her my driving licence. Nothing else was required. Then we went to a waiting room what was full and waited....about after 1.5 hrs later they called my name (however there were some other people waiting longer than us), so we went to the officer's desk, "our officer" came with our paper, asked us to sign them, and he gave us the client copy signed then he told us to go to get our new SIN number and that's all. So I asked him, so we're good to go? We are PR now? And he just said, yeah, you good to go. (I was expecting something like congratulation, and to tell us few things, but nothing).

So we just drove away, stopped at the Welcome to Alberta sign to make a selfie about our landing, and then drove back to Calgary. ;) Actually we were happy, so we did not care much after about this unfriendly officer, the bottom line is that we are PR now!!!! :)
Thanks for sharing. Did you make an appointment or you guys just showed up?

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Hi,

We just show up, however as I mentioned I emailed the CBSA that is it OK to land, etc. and they said yes.
So is it OK if you just go there, however could happen they will be not too happy. ;)

Good luck!