+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Five years after landing outside canda pr card is valid till October 2020

Guggu

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Dear All I am outside Canada for 5 years due to family issues I want to return i know my chances are very less but still want to make a one last effort.I want to know is it worth doing so or i shall renounce pr and start afresh Can I avoid Cbsa interaction at poe (Vancouver)by using automated system. Thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: mpsqra

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Cannnot avoid some interaction with CBSA plus you currently need to present an isolation plan to CBSA on arrival

As a PR you would be entitled to enter whether you get reported or not so up to you whether worth the risk after virtually not meeting the RO at all. Plus you should not of course try to renew your PR card for at least 2 years during which time you should not leave the country

Renouncing PR should be the last option to consider given no guarantees of being approved next time, although renouncing should not make any difference with a new application

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Dear All I am outside Canada for 5 years due to family issues I want to return i know my chances are very less but still want to make a one last effort.I want to know is it worth doing so or i shall renounce pr and start afresh Can I avoid Cbsa interaction at poe (Vancouver)by using automated system. Thanks.
If individuals put as much effort/time into meeting their RO as into finding ways to circumvent it, the world would be a much happier place .
Besides that, what about your wife & children ? Whatcha going to be doing about them ? They still in the picture , out of the picture ? If still in the picture , that could potentially throw a wrench into everything

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dependents-visa-expired-need-advice.431618/