+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First time TAX (4 emails from CRA) but no refund!

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
I highly doubt going to the CRA main office will help you any time soon.

I don't know what your problems are with the CRA, but starting with an accountant - like HR Block - may provide you with assistance to even know what the issues are.

You sound like you've had some confusion with tax and don't know what to do about it. You could try going to CRA but I fear that they will confuse you more. You're welcome to try it if you want, but I think you need someone who will calm you down and tell you what to do.

Getting emails from CRA after filing your taxes is very normal.
Okay I will go HR Block I see this office every time I go to work I will try it....and see what happens.
Thank you!

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Hello everyone
I filed our taxes on papers and mailed them 4 weeks ago ! So I got 4 emails from CRA but I didn't get a refund

The emails were about
1-Successful registration
2-Direct deposit successful update
3-Marital status updated
4-Address Change successful

All 4 emails are (Do not reply to this email)

Is this normal (I'm newcomer first time in Canada)

Is this okay ?

Before mailing the forms I contacted my Bank asked about direct deposit for CRA they gave me the information but still didn't get any payment.

Now I'm able to register on CRA MY ACCOUNT before a week I tried showed me (error can't identify you)
Now is okay so I will open account.

Please guide me what i should do
Thanks
Did you get your notice of assessment after filling your taxes? Whatever refund you are entitled to should be listed there.

Email notifications about direct deposit or other change has no relationship with refund being processed or not. Even if you had no direct deposit you could still receive your refund (by cheque).

You can also consider calling directly the CRA and after validating your identity they should be able to provide details about your account status including outstanding refund if any.

Reactions: Clorets90

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Did you get your notice of assessment after filling your taxes? Whatever refund you are entitled to should be listed there.

Email notifications about direct deposit or other change has no relationship with refund being processed or not. Even if you had no direct deposit you could still receive your refund (by cheque).

You can also consider calling directly the CRA and after validating your identity they should be able to provide details about your account status including outstanding refund if any.
No I didn't get anything from CRA !

So the following days I registered online for "CRA My Account" the page shows you will get your Notice of assessment & Security code in 5-10 days with Canada post.
It's my first time doing this.

I also read all the terms & information available at CRA website they said "you should wait 8 weeks before calling CRA"
what I should do ?

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Don’t go to H&R block you have already had your taxes done. How long have you been in Canada? Have you been working at some place like Uber and not prepaying tax and GST?
It's first time for me here im newcomer.
I worked 3 months in 2018 year.
I was getting checks + paystub I gave the employer my SIN.
All 3 paystub papers show how much deductions
I also had T4 from him I wrote the number of last paystub "as my bookkeeper friend advise"
And mailed to CRA
He said also register for gst pst "so we filled the forms and mailed all to CRA"
Please tell me Is there anything not correct ?
Thank you

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
One more thing I forgot to mention is
I got 3 e-mail (about Direct Deposit change for 3 times)
So altogether are 7 notifications there is something wrong but I don't know what is it.
What you think?
Thank you

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
It's first time for me here im newcomer.
I worked 3 months in 2018 year.
I was getting checks + paystub I gave the employer my SIN.
All 3 paystub papers show how much deductions
I also had T4 from him I wrote the number of last paystub "as my bookkeeper friend advise"
And mailed to CRA
He said also register for gst pst "so we filled the forms and mailed all to CRA"
Please tell me Is there anything not correct ?
Thank you
Are you an employee or a sole contractor? There is no GST registration for employees. Unless he means to apply for gst/hst credit?

You don't need individual paystubs to file your taxes if you have your T4 from your employer. The T4 gives aggregate figures about your gross pay and deductions (CPP, EI etc.) which are just copied to the tax filling forms.

As advised above, your best option is to call the CRA, only them will be able to give you a clear picture of your situation and let you know whatever you need to do to be in compliance.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Thank you everyone CRA mailed me security code after verification they issued the refund to my bank.

Issue solved.