+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First time TAX (4 emails from CRA) but no refund!

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Hello everyone
I filed our taxes on papers and mailed them 4 weeks ago ! So I got 4 emails from CRA but I didn't get a refund

The emails were about
1-Successful registration
2-Direct deposit successful update
3-Marital status updated
4-Address Change successful

All 4 emails are (Do not reply to this email)

Is this normal (I'm newcomer first time in Canada)

Is this okay ?

Before mailing the forms I contacted my Bank asked about direct deposit for CRA they gave me the information but still didn't get any payment.

Now I'm able to register on CRA MY ACCOUNT before a week I tried showed me (error can't identify you)
Now is okay so I will open account.

Please guide me what i should do
Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
When you calculated your taxes, did the summary report indicate that you should have received a refund?

It does take a few weeks to get you the refund, if you are entitled to one.

Reactions: Clorets90

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
When you calculated your taxes, did the summary report indicate that you should have received a refund?

It does take a few weeks to get you the refund, if you are entitled to one.
Yes I only worked almost 3 months (I'm not after the refund I'm after to see if everything is good)

We are 4 people does this affect?

Thanks

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Also does this mean my wife taxes are also arrived too to CRA?

She did not get any emails! Only me.
Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
This is why I said we were 4
No, what I meant is if you are entitled to a refund.

I'm sure you know this, but you take your T4 and the amount of income tax you paid and look at what you should have paid according to the calculations. If you paid more in withholding taxes than you should have, and then factor in other tax credits, the extra amount is a refund. If you paid less than you should have, you must pay taxes.

If you only worked 3 months in 2018, you are likely in a position to get some refund. But it will take some time to get there.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
No, what I meant is if you are entitled to a refund.

I'm sure you know this, but you take your T4 and the amount of income tax you paid and look at what you should have paid according to the calculations. If you paid more in withholding taxes than you should have, and then factor in other tax credits, the extra amount is a refund. If you paid less than you should have, you must pay taxes.

If you only worked 3 months in 2018, you are likely in a position to get some refund. But it will take some time to get there.
Yes the number was in minus (negative value)
So I put the value in the refund box.

Thanks I will wait.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
As I said weeks ago..if you had gone to HR block, done your return professionally, you would have left the office with the certainty of having it done right. All the questions you had, would have been answered by a tax expert.
And you probably would have left with a refund in your hand.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
As I said weeks ago..if you had gone to HR block, done your return professionally, you would have left the office with the certainty of having it done right. All the questions you had, would have been answered by a tax expert.
And you probably would have left with a refund in your hand.
The thing is a friend of mine he does his taxes he is a bookkeeper we did that together he kept saying I will do it for you it's very easy no need to go and pay money I will help you...

Either way I don't care about the money what I should do now to make things right or I will continue to have trubles till death with CRA?
What I should do now ?
Thank you

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
One more thing I forgot to add is the email of *Direct Deposit* has other 4 emails same email (Direct Deposit has been changed) 4 times inside the same email....

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The thing is a friend of mine he does his taxes he is a bookkeeper we did that together he kept saying I will do it for you it's very easy no need to go and pay money I will help you...

Either way I don't care about the money what I should do now to make things right or I will continue to have trubles till death with CRA?
What I should do now ?
Thank you
If you're having troubles with the CRA, you need to find someone who can actually help you. Unless there are some here who are tax accountants who would volunteer to provide you advice, you likely need to find one.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
If you're having troubles with the CRA, you need to find someone who can actually help you. Unless there are some here who are tax accountants who would volunteer to provide you advice, you likely need to find one.
If I go to CPA will he be able to help me?
What if I go by myself to the main office will this help me?

Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If I go to CPA will he be able to help me?
What if I go by myself to the main office will this help me?

Thanks
I highly doubt going to the CRA main office will help you any time soon.

I don't know what your problems are with the CRA, but starting with an accountant - like HR Block - may provide you with assistance to even know what the issues are.

You sound like you've had some confusion with tax and don't know what to do about it. You could try going to CRA but I fear that they will confuse you more. You're welcome to try it if you want, but I think you need someone who will calm you down and tell you what to do.

Getting emails from CRA after filing your taxes is very normal.