+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First PR Card not received

Siddharth86

Jul 11, 2023
Hi All,

I did my soft landing on 13th October 2023 and have still not received my first PR card at the address that I had shared. I raised a webform but haven't heard back in 28 days. I sent an email which also did not get any reply. I tried linking the application to my IRCC profile however it said no application found. I am really tense on how much longer should I wait and expect the card to be delivered? And if its not delivered what is the next option for me? Kindly share inputs from your experience.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi All,

I did my soft landing on 13th October 2023 and have still not received my first PR card at the address that I had shared. I raised a webform but haven't heard back in 28 days. I sent an email which also did not get any reply. I tried linking the application to my IRCC profile however it said no application found. I am really tense on how much longer should I wait and expect the card to be delivered? And if its not delivered what is the next option for me? Kindly share inputs from your experience.
When you try to link, use UCI and Family Name option (dont use Application No.). Also enter place of birth as CITY,(SPACE)STATE (as per passport or CoPR)

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
I also didn't receive my pr card yet. My profile shows card dispatched on November 23, 2023. Its more than 12 weeks now. Called IRCC, they are asking to raise solemn declaration. I dont know if that works or not? Any one experienced same? Does solemn declaration work?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I also didn't receive my pr card yet. My profile shows card dispatched on November 23, 2023. Its more than 12 weeks now. Called IRCC, they are asking to raise solemn declaration. I dont know if that works or not? Any one experienced same? Does solemn declaration work?
you dont likely have an option other than SD - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html

Siddharth86

Jul 11, 2023
Hello, how did you link the application? Where does it show you as dispatched? I am still unable to get to this point. Also, were you able to speak to IRCC from outside Canada? Please guide. Thanks

Siddharth86

Jul 11, 2023
@Siddharth86 - did this not work ?
Unfortunately I had exhausted 5 attempts on IRCC portal in 24 hours to link the application using other combinations. Waiting for it to allow me again to try your suggestion. Really hoping your suggestion works. Else it feels like working in the dark right now. Will keep you posted once I try this. Thanks.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Unfortunately I had exhausted 5 attempts on IRCC portal in 24 hours to link the application using other combinations. Waiting for it to allow me again to try your suggestion. Really hoping your suggestion works. Else it feels like working in the dark right now. Will keep you posted once I try this. Thanks.
Plenty of cases where PR cards were sent but never received. Happened with my own dependent too. Just call IRCC and see if they sent you a PR card. If they did so and you never received at the address, ask them to send the re-request form again. Your PR cards will take 3-4 months from the time of re-request to reach your address.

Siddharth86

Jul 11, 2023
Thank you for your guidance. I could finally link the application to my profile for myself and my family members. Once i linked it showed pending registration, further when i clicked on it, the status changed to submitted. Can you guide if this is when the clock starts for PR card to be delivered? I was never aware about the linkage and not sure if this was supposed to be completed for IRCC to process the PR card and dispatch it. Kindly share your inputs.

Siddharth86

Jul 11, 2023
Plenty of cases where PR cards were sent but never received. Happened with my own dependent too. Just call IRCC and see if they sent you a PR card. If they did so and you never received at the address, ask them to send the re-request form again. Your PR cards will take 3-4 months from the time of re-request to reach your address.
I hope i don't end up being in this category. Unfortunately I can't call IRCC since I am not in Canada currently. Really hoping that the card gets delivered to avoid the hassle of going through a PRTD. Just to clarify, if the card doesn't get delivered, a solemn declaration needs to be submitted right for them to resend it?

Siddharth86

Jul 11, 2023
@Siddharth86 - did this not work ?
@CNP Thank you for your guidance. I could finally link the application to my profile for myself and my family members. Once i linked it showed pending registration, further when i clicked on it, the status changed to submitted. Can you guide if this is when the clock starts for PR card to be delivered? I was never aware about the linkage and not sure if this was supposed to be completed for IRCC to process the PR card and dispatch it. Kindly share your inputs.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I hope i don't end up being in this category. Unfortunately I can't call IRCC since I am not in Canada currently. Really hoping that the card gets delivered to avoid the hassle of going through a PRTD. Just to clarify, if the card doesn't get delivered, a solemn declaration needs to be submitted right for them to resend it?
yes, someone in Canada will have to fill the form and physically mail it to IRCC's office in Canada.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
@CNP Thank you for your guidance. I could finally link the application to my profile for myself and my family members. Once i linked it showed pending registration, further when i clicked on it, the status changed to submitted. Can you guide if this is when the clock starts for PR card to be delivered? I was never aware about the linkage and not sure if this was supposed to be completed for IRCC to process the PR card and dispatch it. Kindly share your inputs.
No, the clock starts when you become PR not when you link your application. Linking is option and does not impact processing of your card. good luck !