+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First PR card application

noahahma

May 19, 2023
Hi everyone, I have received eCOPR in late May and have been waiting for my PR card to be shipped ( their congratulation email said the Pr card will be mailed to me) and my Pr portal status has changed to “closed and accepted” last week. Do I actually need to make an application for PR card on the PR portal(need to pay a fee and submit some document) or I just need to wait for the card mailed to me as suggested by the email? Thank you in advance.

Ojore ledgister

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Hi everyone, I have received eCOPR in late May and have been waiting for my PR card to be shipped ( their congratulation email said the Pr card will be mailed to me) and my Pr portal status has changed to “closed and accepted” last week. Do I actually need to make an application for PR card on the PR portal(need to pay a fee and submit some document) or I just need to wait for the card mailed to me as suggested by the email? Thank you in advance.
I’d say cal IRCC to find out what’s happening or when your card was shipped. You don’t need to apply for your first card they should automatically mail it to you once you completed your portal submission

noahahma

May 19, 2023
I’d say cal IRCC to find out what’s happening or when your card was shipped. You don’t need to apply for your first card they should automatically mail it to you once you completed your portal submission
Thank you. The portal submission refers to “declaration on canada”, “current mailing address” and “photo “, right? If so, these were done before my eCOPR was issued already.

Ojore ledgister

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Thank you. The portal submission refers to “declaration on canada”, “current mailing address” and “photo “, right? If so, these were done before my eCOPR was issued already.
Yeah and it states on the portal that when the address and photo are confirmed then the card will be mailed.

noahahma

May 19, 2023
Yeah and it states on the portal that when the address and photo are confirmed then the card will be mailed.
Thank you. The status of my photo and address was “in review” before and now it says “ready to submit to IRCC”. So I wonder if something was wrong and I have to submit again? However it does say my case was accepted and closed… can you please let me know if this was how your case was? Thank you!

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you. The status of my photo and address was “in review” before and now it says “ready to submit to IRCC”. So I wonder if something was wrong and I have to submit again? However it does say my case was accepted and closed… can you please let me know if this was how your case was? Thank you!
Have you linked your application to GCKey - https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/ ? this will help to track the card.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
But this mean I actually need to apply for a PR card on the PR portal ?
No, when you received your eCOPR, IRCC would have initiated your PR card application process. You just need to link and track the progress.

noahahma

May 19, 2023
No, when you received your eCOPR, IRCC would have initiated your PR card application process. You just need to link and track the progress.
Hi, I finally can link it, thank you! It says on GC key website that I was approved on May 31st. I have document number , expiry date of the PR card displayed there as well. It says “May 31, 2023 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details” . However, there is no message and there is no track button. Am I’m looking at the wrong place ?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, I finally can link it, thank you! It says on GC key website that I was approved on May 31st. I have document number , expiry date of the PR card displayed there as well. It says “May 31, 2023 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details” . However, there is no message and there is no track button. Am I’m looking at the wrong place ?
there is no track button. Your card was mailed out on 31st May. You should have received it within few weeks already