+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FIRST PR CARD 2022

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
My wife and 3 yr old daughter landed in Vancouver on 30th August 2022.

My wife received her PR card on November 2nd 2022.

We got a letter to resubmit photos for my daughter on November 9th 2022 (It was dated 26th October 2022). We resubmitted the photos through courier and it was received by IRCC on November 24th 2022.

But no update till now. Sent them a Webform around 10th December to enquire about the status, and got a automated reply on 20th December that they will reply soon, but nothing yet. Tried calling them today, but not going through to a live agent.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
My friend recently received the card of his son which is re-submitted the photo back in September end. It`s generally like 3 months.. Why they are taking this long to just issue the card after re-submission of photos, no one knows. If your photo was delivered on 24th Nov then you should expect the card around Feb end or early march, I guess. They will update in the page, once approved & mailed.

Reactions: rajpotula

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hey, thanks!

If it says that PR card has been MAILED and it has been more than 15 days since the dispatch date, you should certainly call IRCC to check the status.

After your are connected to IRCC helpline +1 888-242-2100
Press 1
Verify your UCI.
Press 3 for FAQ.
Press 3 for PR card.
Press 0 for connecting to the agent
(might take multiple attempts as the line is usually very busy)

Cheers!
thanks for the detailed answer.
Can this number be used outside Canada?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello,

I will be arriving on 11th January for my first landing. How do I submit the initial PR card photos? Do I take photo at the airport and mail it or upload it online?

Thank you.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

I will be arriving on 11th January for my first landing. How do I submit the initial PR card photos? Do I take photo at the airport and mail it or upload it online?

Thank you.
They will let you know at the airport about further process but make sure every detail they take at airport is right. One of my friend had one alphabet noted down by airport officials and its 15 days since she had been sent back by Service Canada for SIN saying the mistake is being getting fixed and will be looked upon soon.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hello,

Thank you.
Neither they ask me for photo nor they took new one. They just used the same photo which was pasted in COPR.
Check in detail if there are any new entry requirement update and make all your papers handy. Good luck & safe travels.

Reactions: nns14

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hi all,

My PR card shows approved and mailed since 30th Nov. but havent received the card yet.
I am outside Canada, what are my options?
Is applying PRTD a good option?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi all,

My PR card shows approved and mailed since 30th Nov. but havent received the card yet.
I am outside Canada, what are my options?
Is applying PRTD a good option?
Mailed on 30th Nov and your friend/family has not received the card here in post till now then its mis-placed for sure. Hope you had provided the correct address in immigration which making landing formalities. You don`t have other option besides PRTD to enter Canada without PR card but in the mean time , just raise the webform for PR card as you need to locate the card.

Reactions: Yumna

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
My friend recently received the card of his son which is re-submitted the photo back in September end. It`s generally like 3 months.. Why they are taking this long to just issue the card after re-submission of photos, no one knows. If your photo was delivered on 24th Nov then you should expect the card around Feb end or early march, I guess. They will update in the page, once approved & mailed.
Ah, thanks for letting me know! No other option than to wait I guess :)

alianjum87

Jan 14, 2023
Hi guys,
For people with their first landing in 2022,
1) How much time did it take to receive the card?
2) Was it delivered to your mail box? or you had to show some ID to the delivery person?

Thank you! :)
Hi Pankaj!

I noted that your PR application was linked in approximately 1.5 months (from the landing date) and then you received the photo resubmission request in another 15 days. My question to you:

1. If someone's application is linked in 15 days (from the date of landing), does it imply that the decision for their case will be made earlier?
2. What is the probability or frequency of the photo resubmission request now a days?

Your response will be much appreciated!!

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
My wife and 3 yr old daughter landed in Vancouver on 30th August 2022.

My wife received her PR card on November 2nd 2022.

We got a letter to resubmit photos for my daughter on November 9th 2022 (It was dated 26th October 2022). We resubmitted the photos through courier and it was received by IRCC on November 24th 2022.

But no update till now. Sent them a Webform around 10th December to enquire about the status, and got a automated reply on 20th December that they will reply soon, but nothing yet. Tried calling them today, but not going through to a live agent.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
Finally got a ghost update today :)

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Finally! I just got an email from IRCC saying that my daughter's PR card was sent on February 7th! It's only a day after I got the ghost update. But strangely, there's been no other update on the application other than that. My wife and I got the messages in our accounts that the card was approved and sent, but nothing in my daughter's application. But I'm just glad it's already on its way :)

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello,

Received the PR card today. Etobicoke, Ontario. Landed on 11th January 2023. Took about a month and few days. So relieved.

This is the last step done on my PR journey which took about 5 years starting from the day I got to know this program.

Stay positive and pray for patience and success. It’s truly testing journey.

To citizenship.

All the best.

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Finally! I just got an email from IRCC saying that my daughter's PR card was sent on February 7th! It's only a day after I got the ghost update. But strangely, there's been no other update on the application other than that. My wife and I got the messages in our accounts that the card was approved and sent, but nothing in my daughter's application. But I'm just glad it's already on its way :)
Hi all,

Just to update: received my daughter's PR Card today. It was updated on her application that it was sent out on 14th Feb and we received it on 22nd Feb. All the best!

CVUser1234

Jun 15, 2021
For those who have received PR cards recently, do they just get dropped in your mailbox like regular mail or did someone have to sign for it to take delivery? Ours were mailed a week ago, wondering what I should expect.