28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
https://www.facebook.com/CDICollege?hc_location=stream

i got this link as suggested pages on facebook thought anyone could follow it for information..

like this page on facebook to get news on education and job market

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
sonea said:
https://www.facebook.com/CDICollege?hc_location=stream

i got this link as suggested pages on facebook thought anyone could follow it for information..

like this page on facebook to get news on education and job market
PLease visit the following link for getting more info about CDI College.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/edmonton-alberta-settlers-join-here-t122247.285.html

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
hello everyone,

I and my husband are going to land in September first week, how weather will be in Calgary in the month of September.

can any one tell me what type of warm cloths should we bring? is there any particular material? can i purchase from there?

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
pritishah1180 said:
hello everyone,

I and my husband are going to land in September first week, how weather will be in Calgary in the month of September.

can any one tell me what type of warm cloths should we bring? is there any particular material? can i purchase from there?
I have consulted with a lot of people in Edmonton who traveled from South Asia and have come to conclusion that clothing for Alberta's cold weather is not available in our countries. We'll have to buy from there no matter how many winter clothing we take with us. Having said that, it is also recommended to buy clothing for mild cold weather from our own countries which will be cheaper.

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
prospective said:
I have consulted with a lot of people in Edmonton who traveled from South Asia and have come to conclusion that clothing for Alberta's cold weather is not available in our countries. We'll have to buy from there no matter how many winter clothing we take with us. Having said that, it is also recommended to buy clothing for mild cold weather from our own countries which will be cheaper.
I do agree with the same and i'm on the same boat. I'm planning to move by first week of September, 2013. i will be landing in AB.
in our countries, we cannot find winter cloths for harsh envoirnment.

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
pritishah1180 said:
hello everyone,

We are on the same track, moving to calgary by first week of september.
weather shall be very good, but be ready with the cloths when you land there.

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
Hello Saf_Khan,

--- where r u from? i am from India.

---U have list ready of things to be carry alongwith? if yes then can u mail me so that i can come to know what to take
(nil_september@yahoo.com)

--- Is there anyone relative or friends of urs?

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Saf_khan said:
We are on the same track, moving to calgary by first week of september.
weather shall be very good, but be ready with the cloths when you land there.
I will also, hopefully, land in the first week of September but in Edmonton. Weather will be mild cold but still very cold for us.

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
pritishah1180 said:
Hello Saf_Khan,

---U have list ready of things to be carry alongwith? if yes then can u mail me so that i can come to know what to take
(nil_september @ yahoo.com)

Hi, Actually i haven't prepared any list till now just started booking flights and etc.
But sure, will send you the same.

Yes, we do have frinds there who will support us in finding the appartment.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Saf_khan said:
Hi, Actually i haven't prepared any list till now just started booking flights and etc.
But sure, will send you the same.

Yes, we do have frinds there who will support us in finding the appartment.
Well the weather will be quite pleasant in Sept.Infact,last year it was "relatively hot" in Calgary .For temperatures you can check the forecast and historical trends at the following website:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/hourly-weather-forecast/canada/alberta/calgary

Regarding searching a rental property in Calgary,I believe rentfaster.ca & kijiji Calgary are the best.However,in summers its not easy to find a good property at a reasonable rent in Calgary,especially in good areas such as SW & NW.Its very advisable to start searching atleast 1.5 month before landing .

Hope that helps!

Jun 13, 2013
As a Canadian Employer I read your post with great interest. Much of what you found out about the consultant is well known in Canada.
However, I do use the Bank of Nova Scotia. They are a respected chartered bank. If they were paying "kickbacks" to your consultant, that
would be quite illegal and taken very seriously by Canadian Authorities. I doubt it could be true, but if you have proof, you had best report that.
We can't have that going on in our country. We have had a very good banking system and we need to keep it that way to keep our country strong.

Also, $11/hour is VERY low. Have you tried applying in more northern communities like Fort Mcmurray?

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
Hello,

If i want to land Fort Mcmurray then on which Airport should i land?

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.540.html

Check above link

pritishah1180 said:
Hello Saf_Khan,

(nil_september @ yahoo.com)

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
I will be landing Nov 30 and i am happy to come accross this thread.

+1

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
i must share my experience here. We landed in Edmonton, AB and had no trouble settling down here in a few days. gov of Alberta has many programs for new immigrants and people who need gov help at any later stage they give you affordable housing here specially for families with small children, you get education grants to improve your qualification according to Canadian levels not only you get free up gradation but you also get some money to support your family while you study, if you are unemployed. i don't recommend people to abuse these facilities and apply ONLY if you really deserve. However, we got settled so quickly with a full time job in a bank that we didn't need any of these ..

survival jobs are available here but you should know where to begin.... if you come to Edmonton you will see job vacancies everywhere these days specially in stores such as old navy, gap, Walmart etc.. in Edmonton there is a company called Manpower which hires on behalf of shaw you can approach them. Shaw gives you good pay as well as great bonuses.. there is another telecommunication company Telus. these companies usually have job vacancies all year round, I am not talking about any technical jobs in these companies i am mentioning about "customer service representatives" kind of jobs they usually pay $19 per hour here which is a good start and with quarterly bonuses based on your sales (which is not at all impossible even an inexperienced person can get at least $200 bonus) they give you full training so previous experience is not an issue if you have language skills and your are people friendly kind of person.

for housing and other things you can use www.kijiji.com this is a free classified website and you can post or see free ads from other people or you can search for accommodation but again be ware of fraudsters you should cross check before making a final decision on getting an apartment/house/condo or any other item..

another thing that people have in mind about Edmonton is that the weather is too cold .. well i moved from UK and i found it better because here we see proper summer unlike rainy England all year round ... but for winter it get quite cold but its bearable not really hard to get settled .. this year Toronto had more snow storms than Edmonton so i think its not too bad after all.. plus you get free heating here (Gas bills are included in rent) so you get 24/7 heating and you don't feel cold inside the house and also you don't have to worry about the gas bill..

mobile service is same throughout canada its quite expensive in canada.. but you should keep an eye on wind mobile deals they are usually cheaper than others..

i hope this will help you decide where you want to start your life in canda

Hi,

Its nice to go through the experiences of people in surviving in Canada and yours gave me some hope.

Can you just guide how did you managed to get a full time bank job there?

I can understand from your experience that landing or starting your life in Canada from a smaller province will help survive.

I have gained experience in HR office functions and General office functions for about 6 years and my hubby is a physio holding more than 10 years of experience. And we have a 2years and 6months old toddler. So would it be possible to start in Alberta? In the beginning I would require to work as my hubby would be busy in clearing his licence. Are there any possibilities? kindly guide as we are in the verge to process our EE procedure.

Many thanks for sharing your experience its valuable for many of us.