Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
kmkm said:
Dear Mr.on-hold I did not wanted to talk again on this topic .... But now I am making a last effort to explain you and I am hopeful that you will get my point.

I asked sonea about the grants and benefits from gov.... She told me the way that how I can have any if I want.... In a proper way... No cheating..... Along with her guidance she warned me about the mistakes done by the new immigrants... By spending their money on the extra thing... She just said not to waste on them.
I have not read any line from her about cheating or hiding any thing from the gov..... For that she gave a link which is a genuine way.
We are also not interested in any cheating.
If you still that there is any other way in which you can help you r also welcome.
Now just leave all that misunderstanding and be a helping hand for all of us as you know this time it's self great a lot of tension.
I am hopeful that now we will get some very helpful informations from your end. :)
Very well explained.

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
klmy said:
...buri baaat.. :D ;D
This is actually what's been happening, he keeps on forgetting who said what!!

kmkm

May 11, 2013
Paksiatn
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 06 2012
Med's Request
August 23 2012
Med's Done....
sep 03 2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20th april 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2013
LANDED..........
In sha Allah soon.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
scorpion30 said:
Hi

I have been observing this post for long now as i am also the onewho would be landing sometime in July....

I think whatever On-Hold is telling is correct and trying everyone to show the reality and breaking the myths....to act accordingly or not is upto the members on forum........
Hi,

I have been a silent observer of this forum but after reading arguments b/w sonea & on-hold ,I have been forced to post in this thread.I believe whatever on-hold is trying to tell is correct however,his style of expressing his/her views might not be appealing .

In my opinion ,it will be better for people who are already in Canada,NOT to present a very rosy picture of Canada to the people who are about to land.Just provide them with all the "authentic" information ,which they have and let them decide themselves.

I also believe people like on-hold and sonea ,both are doing a good job by trying to help people.But,instead of arguing with each other ,lets dedicate all our resources towards better guidance to new immigrants.

All the best to everyone who is in the settlement process .

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
sonea said:
No one is breaking the laws and I'm trying to tell the same thing that Canadian gov is not nuts who ever tries that gets to punish here

He said that when we land we can't get grant as the landing funds international assets and the jewellery we owe everything is calculated and assessed to see if u qualify for grant or not .. Where as I'm trying to explain that grant is calculated through your anual income and the minimum brackets for that (like say a family of 3) is higher as compared to the landing funds required for the same family size (please check the links)
Secondly he said that if some one has $25000 or so he can't get grant. And I told that $25000 will not stay with you for ever these funds are for us to use for settlement and if u spend it in a luxurious way you will left with nothing and if you spend it wisely u will be left with at least $15000, which is not a big amount that you can't get grant on. For example, A family of 4 has to bring $24000 approximatly as landing funds and in Canada a family if 4 is considered on low income if they are earning below $40000 annually !!!

And he said that gov will audit you and so on I don't think they are fools that the don't understand that obviously an immigrant must spend from his landing funds to get started, how do they think an immigrant will get furniture, house rent, car, license, mattress, kitchen utensils ana so on?? I'm not telling people to spend everything and then claim grant .. I'm telling that these are the mandatory expenses and no one can question that and after that what you left with is so little that they don't want u to be on $0 savings .. Again they are not fools. I've provided government links to cross check if what I'm saying is not true and also the latest anouncement about increased funding for newcomers in BC ... So point is that Canadian government is aware of the complications of settlement they have their checks and balances, which are strict and regulated everywhere .. So why rise silly questions that who is trying to cheat and who isn't!!!

Kmkm asked this as she has a few funds and she don't want to loose everything while she struggles here so she is looking for ways in which she can settle quickly without wasting all her savings... These benefits are genuinely for these people ... So now who doesn't agree that a genuine person shouldn't get what Canadian government has designed totally for them??
And what is in this whole thing that leads to cheat the government??

And on top of that on hold keeps on calling people beggars are cheaters without knowing them .. This is what I call "unethical" and ignorant behaviour.. I don't want people to live in bissell centres after a few months if landing

Sonea, you seem incapable of reading nuance in argument. I did not say any of these things. to recap:

- I didn't say that you 'could not' get educational grants when landing, I said that having the full amount of landing funds would make it difficult.

- I made the point over and over that grants are calculated through a combination of income and assets. I'm still not sure you understand what assets are, or why they need to be declared.

- I didn't say the government would audit you, I said it could.

- You did recommend to people to spend freely, the quote is there for all to see.

- Your links are to general means-tested programs; again, what I mentioned about the combination of income and assets

- Kmkm's finances are her own business, I've never commented on them, beyond stating that the amount she receives (CTB) will depend on her taxable income in the year before she arrives in Canada, and that grants are means tested (income/assets).

- The only person I consider fraudulent here is you, because of your insistence that assets don't count, and your recommendations to conceal them.

I really think it's noteworthy that you have an entire post without accurately summarizing anything I've said -- as written earlier, I wouldn't consider you a safe source of advice.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
informatics said:
Hi,

I have been a silent observer of this forum but after reading arguments b/w sonea & on-hold ,I have been forced to post in this thread.I believe whatever on-hold is trying to tell is correct however,his style of expressing his/her views might not be appealing .

In my opinion ,it will be better for people who are already in Canada,NOT to present a very rosy picture of Canada to the people who are about to land.Just provide them with all the "authentic" information ,which they have and let them decide themselves.

I also believe people like on-hold and sonea ,both are doing a good job by trying to help people.But,instead of arguing with each other ,lets dedicate all our resources towards better guidance to new immigrants.

All the best to everyone who is in the settlement process .
Well said!

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Thommo said:
Come on on-hold. Do you support policy of not recognizing foreign qualification? Of fully capable doctors performing complex surgeries in other countries having to survive in Canada driving cabs?
No i do not support lying to the government. Its a punishable offence.
Anyway you are entitled to whatever opinion you might have and so are others. One should not profess to have sole right to determining what is right or wrong. I am not going to respond any more on this topic.
Respond or not, Thommo, but you and I are in total agreement. I also feel that Canada's professional accreditation schemes are out of whack, not only between countries but between provinces. However, this is only a fraction of immigrants, not everyone is in a regulated profession; the larger problem is social and not political. But I agree also, this isn't the place to discuss it.

kmkm

May 11, 2013
Paksiatn
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 06 2012
Med's Request
August 23 2012
Med's Done....
sep 03 2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20th april 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2013
LANDED..........
In sha Allah soon.
Can any one please explain this point to me.
Will I have to give them the proof of my income in my country? What if I am not doing any job here?

CTB) will depend on her taxable income in the year before she arrives in Canada, and that grants are means tested (income/assets).

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
kmkm said:
Will I have to give them the proof of my income in my country? What if I am not doing any job here?

CTB) will depend on her taxable income in the year before she arrives in Canada, and that grants are means tested (income/assets).
yes they note your universal income for CCTB and other things

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
kmkm said:
Will I have to give them the proof of my income in my country? What if I am doing any job here?
Well would you like to provide some more details to your question i.e. for which institution you are talking about?
Are you talking about CRA regarding CCTB/UCTB payments or anything else?

If you are talking about CRA regarding declaring your previous year international income .In that case,the answer is NO ,you just declare it on the forms ,without any documentary evidence and they are going to believe it .If you were not doing any job in your home country ,your spouse s income will be considered as your whole family income as CCTB is determined on annual family income .

Hope that helps!

cimple

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2008
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
sonea said:
This is actually what's been happening, he keeps on forgetting who said what!!
I agree with you.so I think we should not take him/her serious

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
I've had enough with on hold .. and if he/she doesn't still understand i can't explain the "same thing" a thousand times, if someone needs my opinion i will try to help them if someone else does not agree, they can post their opinion

I am trying to tell people that Edmonton has more job opportunities than other cities but still you have to spend wisely and plan ahead of time to get settled, please everyone search on your own too everything here is explained on government website and searching on Google is not rocket science..

keep in mind if you are bringing $20,000 they wont last forever, without job and monthly income, this is all you have to spend from... you have to have some savings besides you. in case of emergency or In worst case scenario if you ever decide to go back, after being unsuccessful, at least you have $5000 to buy airline tickets for your family and yourself

this is not at all a rosy picture and we are not Kids that can be mislead so easily

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
newcomer said:
Well would you like to provide some more details to your question i.e. for which institution you are talking about?
Are you talking about CRA regarding CCTB/UCTB payments or anything else?

If you are talking about CRA regarding declaring your previous year international income .In that case,the answer is NO ,you just declare it on the forms ,without any documentary evidence and they are going to believe it .If you were not doing any job in your home country ,your spouse s income will be considered as your whole family income as CCTB is determined on annual family income .

Hope that helps!
you are perfectly right .. i didn't tell about documentary evidence part otherwise people here would again think that I'm telling her how to cheat... although this is reality and its how it works here

cimple

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2008
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
sonea said:
U are right I watched minister kenny's interview and he also accepted that this policy is keeping immigrant doctors from joining their field in Canada and he said that their department is working on it to make it easier.. But God knows when this will actually happen .. At least they are trying
well they are trying it will take decade to bring some policy
but this is big problem not only facing by doctors but also by engineers

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
sonea said:
you are perfectly right .. i didn't tell about documentary evidence part otherwise people here would again think that I'm telling her how to cheat... although this is reality and its how it works here
Ha ha ha :D :D

You do not need to be conscious sonea.Just try to be yourself and keep up the good work .I believe your best bet should be to NOT to pay attention to any negative comment/s.

You are doing a good job by taking out time for totally unknown people :) :) So take it easy :D