no
Passport Req..
20th april 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2013
LANDED..........
In sha Allah soon.
@ Sonea TOO

i have no knowledge about the institotions.. i just got some informations about the study loan or grants and i came to this forum for detailed help and understand.Infact before applying i had no idea about it but now as i am going to land in july In Sha Allah.... i just want each and every option clear in my mind to get successfully start the life there.In life one can not be sure about any thing and as we talk about canada here even doctors are not having an easy life so why not get prepared before landing.I prayer that i may not have to use but it is tough there for a new one so get educated about it through the experts or atleast the seniors.I am really very thanksful to Sonea that she is here all the time for that help.

i am talking about the support one get from gov on education in any form ( without Cheating :p no issue plz).

as u told that if i am not working (which i am not) then my husband's incom will be counted. what if he is doing his export business? will we have to show the tax returns?what will be the minimum or maximum to show please both of you also explain that what assets are?on-hold is using it again and again i am being worried about them because i am taking almost every thing with me and going to ship it soon.(the house hold things but non electric ones).are they count as assets?
If i have missed some thing ask me.
Thanks.

newcomer said:
Well would you like to provide some more details to your question i.e. for which institution you are talking about?
Are you talking about CRA regarding CCTB/UCTB payments or anything else?

If you are talking about CRA regarding declaring your previous year international income .In that case,the answer is NO ,you just declare it on the forms ,without any documentary evidence and they are going to believe it .If you were not doing any job in your home country ,your spouse s income will be considered as your whole family income as CCTB is determined on annual family income .

Hope that helps!

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
kmkm said:
@ Sonea TOO

i have no knowledge about the institotions.. i just got some informations about the study loan or grants and i came to this forum for detailed help and understand.Infact before applying i had no idea about it but now as i am going to land in july In Sha Allah.... i just want each and every option clear in my mind to get successfully start the life there.In life one can not be sure about any thing and as we talk about canada here even doctors are not having an easy life so why not get prepared before landing.I prayer that i may not have to use but it is tough there for a new one so get educated about it through the experts or atleast the seniors.I am really very thanksful to Sonea that she is here all the time for that help.

i am talking about the support one get from gov on education in any form ( without Cheating :p no issue plz).

as u told that if i am not working (which i am not) then my husband's incom will be counted. what if he is doing his export business? will we have to show the tax returns?what will be the minimum or maximum to show please both of you also explain that what assets are?on-hold is using it again and again i am being worried about them because i am taking almost every thing with me and going to ship it soon.(the house hold things but non electric ones).are they count as assets?
Thanks.
Hello Sister Salam Alaikum,

One of the good things about this country is that, unlike our countries, most of the government related information are already available on the internet. There are government websites for every department, even for each city and district councils (regions). Only thing is, you will need to invest some time to navigate on those website and learn the information.

Tax Related information is available here: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html
Actually, right now there is even a link being shown there for Self-employed tax returns. So you can learn all over there.

Just posting few other info for you

Export Business : http://www.edc.ca/EN/Pages/default.aspx
HRSDC (kind of labor ministry?): http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/home.shtml

CIC - im sure you know this pretty well by now: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp

Health Canada: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/index-eng.php

Here's a list of all the other departments: http://www.canada.gc.ca/depts/major/depind-eng.html

All the best.

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
kmkm said:
@ Sonea TOO

Thanks.
Thanks for the appreciation. I sent you a PM and also infoseeker12 is absolutely correct you must visit the websites s/he mentioned to have the best knowledge and understand how things work in Canada please do attend CIIP orientation they are very helpful people and will guide you according to your work field and circumstances.

kmkm

May 11, 2013
Paksiatn
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 06 2012
Med's Request
August 23 2012
Med's Done....
sep 03 2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20th april 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2013
LANDED..........
In sha Allah soon.
thanks a lot for your informations... i will sure search these links.... infact the purpose behind asking questions on these forums is we get the exact answers from the seniors and then find it from the links to get satisfied in a proper way.

In my case i just have found a person (Sonea) helping the new ones so i am trying to solve all the disturbing questions.

now i am going to go through the links you have provided.Thanks again.

infact it is the situation "the last moments" which is making us ask as much as we can from seniors.

InfoSeeker12 said:
Hello Sister Salam Alaikum,

One of the good things about this country is that, unlike our countries, most of the government related information are already available on the internet. There are government websites for every department, even for each city and district councils (regions). Only thing is, you will need to invest some time to navigate on those website and learn the information.

Tax Related information is available here: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html
Actually, right now there is even a link being shown there for Self-employed tax returns. So you can learn all over there.

Just posting few other info for you

Export Business : http://www.edc.ca/EN/Pages/default.aspx
HRSDC (kind of labor ministry?): http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/home.shtml

CIC - im sure you know this pretty well by now: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp

Health Canada: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/index-eng.php

Here's a list of all the other departments: http://www.canada.gc.ca/depts/major/depind-eng.html

All the best.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
kmkm said:
thanks a lot for your informations... i will sure search these links.... infact the purpose behind asking questions on these forums is we get the exact answers from the seniors and then find it from the links to get satisfied in a proper way.

In my case i just have found a person (Sonea) helping the new ones so i am trying to solve all the disturbing questions.

now i am going to go through the links you have provided.Thanks again.

infact it is the situation "the last moments" which is making us ask as much as we can from seniors.
I'm sure seniors will be able to answer specific questions pretty quickly. And i guess this is the purpose of this website. Whenever I felt stuck somewhere in my application process, just popped up the question and somebody is always there to give the exact answer.

But honestly, its really helpful if you build some good background information yourself. It will help you to ask the questions more specifically. For e.g., you question - if your hubby starts a business - does he need to show tax returns.

The very basic reason you are invited to come to Canada - is to pay taxes. No matter what you do, sell cars, books or breads - you gotta pay taxes. Even if you are an int'l student living here for more than 18 months in a row, you have to file for taxes. I did, so i know

But yea - the CRA website is pretty cool in educating and can be really helpful if you have those questions uncleared.

kmkm

May 11, 2013
Paksiatn
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 06 2012
Med's Request
August 23 2012
Med's Done....
sep 03 2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20th april 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2013
LANDED..........
In sha Allah soon.
thanks Sonea... really thanks a lot ... that's why i am big fan of yours...... dear i am really at very ease now.. May the Almighty Allah Pak help you in your goals too.Ameen.

sonea said:
Thanks for the appreciation. I sent you a PM and also infoseeker12 is absolutely correct you must visit the websites s/he mentioned to have the best knowledge and understand how things work in Canada please do attend CIIP orientation they are very helpful people and will guide you according to your work field and circumstances.

sushma123

Oct 13, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-05-2011
IELTS Request
11-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2011
Med's Request
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-dec-2012
LANDED..........
23-dec-2012
sonea said:
i must share my experience here. We landed in Edmonton, AB and had no trouble settling down here in a few days. gov of Alberta has many programs for new immigrants and people who need gov help at any later stage they give you affordable housing here specially for families with small children, you get education grants to improve your qualification according to Canadian levels not only you get free up gradation but you also get some money to support your family while you study, if you are unemployed. i don't recommend people to abuse these facilities and apply ONLY if you really deserve. However, we got settled so quickly with a full time job in a bank that we didn't need any of these ..

survival jobs are available here but you should know where to begin.... if you come to Edmonton you will see job vacancies everywhere these days specially in stores such as old navy, gap, Walmart etc.. in Edmonton there is a company called Manpower which hires on behalf of shaw you can approach them. Shaw gives you good pay as well as great bonuses.. there is another telecommunication company Telus. these companies usually have job vacancies all year round, I am not talking about any technical jobs in these companies i am mentioning about "customer service representatives" kind of jobs they usually pay $19 per hour here which is a good start and with quarterly bonuses based on your sales (which is not at all impossible even an inexperienced person can get at least $200 bonus) they give you full training so previous experience is not an issue if you have language skills and your are people friendly kind of person.

for housing and other things you can use www.kijiji.com this is a free classified website and you can post or see free ads from other people or you can search for accommodation but again be ware of fraudsters you should cross check before making a final decision on getting an apartment/house/condo or any other item..

another thing that people have in mind about Edmonton is that the weather is too cold .. well i moved from UK and i found it better because here we see proper summer unlike rainy England all year round ... but for winter it get quite cold but its bearable not really hard to get settled .. this year Toronto had more snow storms than Edmonton so i think its not too bad after all.. plus you get free heating here (Gas bills are included in rent) so you get 24/7 heating and you don't feel cold inside the house and also you don't have to worry about the gas bill..

mobile service is same throughout canada its quite expensive in canada.. but you should keep an eye on wind mobile deals they are usually cheaper than others..

i hope this will help you decide where you want to start your life in canda
Hi Sonea...
For the first time on this forum I read some one whose views are too optimistic and full of solutions. Today I read all the 14 pages of all comments, those were really informative. Hats off to your quick responses. You been helpful to so many people.

Well Like others I too want some information regarding the " Jobs in Architecture ". I know I am too specific to ask about Architects Jobs in Alberta. I want some information regarding the universities which help to enhance your educational background, so that you can be a hit in the market. Thanks in advance.

sushma

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
sushma123 said:
Hi Sonea...
For the first time on this forum I read some one whose views are too optimistic and full of solutions. Today I read all the 14 pages of all comments, those were really informative. Hats off to your quick responses. You been helpful to so many people.

Well Like others I too want some information regarding the " Jobs in Architecture ". I know I am too specific to ask about Architects Jobs in Alberta. I want some information regarding the universities which help to enhance your educational background, so that you can be a hit in the market. Thanks in advance.

sushma
Hi there,

Actually I can't tell you specifically about architecture field as unlike finance, IT and medical field it's quite unique and I don't have interaction with anyone in this field other wise I could have gathered some knowledge from other people for you.

For the up gradation thingy, all the universities (NAIT, UOA, MacEwan) offer countless programs you will have to visit each university to discuss your qualifications and they will guide you about what you need to do and how to get started.

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello DEEPBRITS,

I and my husband are going to land in august in calgary, can u suggest me where to find house in rent? i mean to say in which area where we can find Gujju and the required things around us. How job opportunities are in calgary? will we get job withing 4-5 days? i know in start we have to accept anytype of job.

How is weather right now? will it be ok if we travel in Aug?

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
pritishah1180 said:
Hello DEEPBRITS,

I and my husband are going to land in august in calgary, can u suggest me where to find house in rent? i mean to say in which area where we can find Gujju and the required things around us. How job opportunities are in calgary? will we get job withing 4-5 days? i know in start we have to accept anytype of job.

How is weather right now? will it be ok if we travel in Aug?
Well Indians are generally spread all over Calgary, specifically in NE.However,I have seen most of the Indians are from Punjab.I have been able to meet just two Gujaratis and both of them were living in SW.I have also heard that there are not that much Gujjus in Calgary as in other places i.e. ON.

Job situation is pretty better as compared to Toronto ,however it depends upon one s specific profession/experience/qualification and above all LUCK.Survival jobs are usually easily available,especially if you are open to any kind of job.

The weather is very pleasant and little rainy nowadays .In August,it will be relatively hotter ,30-32 C maximum temp.

All the best!

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello Everyone,

I have question regarding Funds, we are couple so according to funds which we have shown in PR applications was 13801$, so is it cumpalsory to show 13801$ while landing in Airport? how can i bring in INR or in CAD?

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
pritishah1180 said:
Hello Everyone,

I have question regarding Funds, we are couple so according to funds which we have shown in PR applications was 13801$, so is it cumpalsory to show 13801$ while landing in Airport? how can i bring in INR or in CAD?
Compulsory and mandatory though it will be very less if unfortunately you will not land in Job.. Only CAD or USD ... DD/TC/BD/CASH...as u wish

rsb2010

Star Member
Mar 30, 2011
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 2014
hi all,

i am waiting for visa. its been long time.
i want to utilize this time for getting some canadian education. Can anyone suggest some website where i can get further details/ give exams online etc.

your help will be highly appreciated.

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rsb2010 said:
hi all,

i want to utilize this time for getting some canadian education. Can anyone suggest some website where i can get further details/ give exams online etc.

Hey RSB2010, I like your pharase its been long time, the reason behind my screen name ;)
Good luck

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
rsb2010 said:
hi all,

Mate IMHO distant education will not give you any benefits.. Better reach there and then study .... U can check Durham Univ, Humber college, Sheridan college sites