26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
on-hold said:
I'm sorry, but this is the most idiotic, passive-aggressive response I have ever seen. Every comment I've made on this thread has simply made the point that these programs are means-tested, and that Sonea is both denying this, and advising people how to hide their assets. I fully support all of these retraining programs, and simply object to people with plenty of money disguising that fact, because they are 'immigrants'. These are for immigrants with limited funds. What's amazing is that people are pretending I'm saying something completely different, and it suggests the degree of entitlement felt.
have you got ur canadian driving licence or still waiting?

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
on-hold said:
I got it my first week, why? No big deal.
just curious to know..wats ur opinion about cars??? should we go for brand new or second hand?? roughly price for a good second hand car???

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
I'm afraid I'm not the person to ask, I come from a family that simply doesn't care about cars. Since you're moving to Surrey, it's going to depend on how much previous experience the ICBC credits you with -- if your driving record isn't recognized, then you are going to have to pay beginner rates, which can be very high.

Your first post said that you're worried, which is normal -- if I were you, I would consider very carefully before moving to Greater Vancouver. Rent is extremely high, and jobs can be very scarce. You say that you have a relative there -- but that is a limited benefit, compared to having an acceptable beginning job. Alberta and Saskatchewan are lonelier and colder, but you will find better work here. I made the mistake of trying to balance everything -- family, weather, job, nice place -- when I landed in Canada, and ended up with everything but a job, which made everything else pointless. Be careful before you tie your money and life up in Surrey.

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
Lol .. Ghajini part 2 :D

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
on-hold said:
I'm afraid I'm not the person to ask, I come from a family that simply doesn't care about cars. Since you're moving to Surrey, it's going to depend on how much previous experience the ICBC credits you with -- if your driving record isn't recognized, then you are going to have to pay beginner rates, which can be very high.

Your first post said that you're worried, which is normal -- if I were you, I would consider very carefully before moving to Greater Vancouver. Rent is extremely high, and jobs can be very scarce. You say that you have a relative there -- but that is a limited benefit, compared to having an acceptable beginning job. Alberta and Saskatchewan are lonelier and colder, but you will find better work here. I made the mistake of trying to balance everything -- family, weather, job, nice place -- when I landed in Canada, and ended up with everything but a job, which made everything else pointless. Be careful before you tie your money and life up in Surrey.
i think u misunderstood.i never heard or thought of setteling in surrey.. :eek: :eek: :eek:..

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
on-hold said:

but nice info

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
on-hold said:
And Thommo, since you seem to feel sorry for yourself, here is why foreign qualifications are harder to use in Canada -- because each private employer gets to choose for themselves how they evaluate applicants, but the government determines immigration. Perhaps foreign qualifications are considered less trustworthy; certainly anyone reading this thread would have apprehensions about hiring some of its commenters.

Thommo, l'm curious -- do you support lying to the government to receive benefits?
Come on on-hold. Do you support policy of not recognizing foreign qualification? Of fully capable doctors performing complex surgeries in other countries having to survive in Canada driving cabs?
No i do not support lying to the government. Its a punishable offence.
Anyway you are entitled to whatever opinion you might have and so are others. One should not profess to have sole right to determining what is right or wrong. I am not going to respond any more on this topic.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
on-hold said:
I'm sorry, but this is the most idiotic, passive-aggressive response I have ever seen. Every comment I've made on this thread has simply made the point that these programs are means-tested, and that Sonea is both denying this, and advising people how to hide their assets. I fully support all of these retraining programs, and simply object to people with plenty of money disguising that fact, because they are 'immigrants'. These are for immigrants with limited funds. What's amazing is that people are pretending I'm saying something completely different, and it suggests the degree of entitlement felt.
I agree with on hold.. cheating to get benefits is unethical, not the fact that the government is helping. There is a difference.

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
polara69 said:
I agree with on hold.. cheating to get benefits is unethical, not the fact that the government is helping. There is a difference.
no one is dis agreeing,..everyone is agreed :D

scorpion30

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-06-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Med's Request
01-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-02-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
SENT WITH MED
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2012
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Hi

I have been observing this post for long now as i am also the onewho would be landing sometime in July....

I think whatever On-Hold is telling is correct and trying everyone to show the reality and breaking the myths....to act accordingly or not is upto the members on forum........

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
scorpion30 said:
Hi

I have been observing this post for long now as i am also the onewho would be landing sometime in July....

I think whatever On-Hold is telling is correct and trying everyone to show the reality and breaking the myths....to act accordingly or not is upto the members on forum........
No one is breaking the laws and I'm trying to tell the same thing that Canadian gov is not nuts who ever tries that gets to punish here

He said that when we land we can't get grant as the landing funds international assets and the jewellery we owe everything is calculated and assessed to see if u qualify for grant or not .. Where as I'm trying to explain that grant is calculated through your anual income and the minimum brackets for that (like say a family of 3) is higher as compared to the landing funds required for the same family size (please check the links)
Secondly he said that if some one has $25000 or so he can't get grant. And I told that $25000 will not stay with you for ever these funds are for us to use for settlement and if u spend it in a luxurious way you will left with nothing and if you spend it wisely u will be left with at least $15000, which is not a big amount that you can't get grant on. For example, A family of 4 has to bring $24000 approximatly as landing funds and in Canada a family if 4 is considered on low income if they are earning below $40000 annually !!!

And he said that gov will audit you and so on I don't think they are fools that the don't understand that obviously an immigrant must spend from his landing funds to get started, how do they think an immigrant will get furniture, house rent, car, license, mattress, kitchen utensils ana so on?? I'm not telling people to spend everything and then claim grant .. I'm telling that these are the mandatory expenses and no one can question that and after that what you left with is so little that they don't want u to be on $0 savings .. Again they are not fools. I've provided government links to cross check if what I'm saying is not true and also the latest anouncement about increased funding for newcomers in BC ... So point is that Canadian government is aware of the complications of settlement they have their checks and balances, which are strict and regulated everywhere .. So why rise silly questions that who is trying to cheat and who isn't!!!

Kmkm asked this as she has a few funds and she don't want to loose everything while she struggles here so she is looking for ways in which she can settle quickly without wasting all her savings... These benefits are genuinely for these people ... So now who doesn't agree that a genuine person shouldn't get what Canadian government has designed totally for them??
And what is in this whole thing that leads to cheat the government??

And on top of that on hold keeps on calling people beggars are cheaters without knowing them .. This is what I call "unethical" and ignorant behaviour.. I don't want people to live in bissell centres after a few months if landing

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
Thommo said:
Come on on-hold. Do you support policy of not recognizing foreign qualification? Of fully capable doctors performing complex surgeries in other countries having to survive in Canada driving cabs?
No i do not support lying to the government. Its a punishable offence.
Anyway you are entitled to whatever opinion you might have and so are others. One should not profess to have sole right to determining what is right or wrong. I am not going to respond any more on this topic.
U are right I watched minister kenny's interview and he also accepted that this policy is keeping immigrant doctors from joining their field in Canada and he said that their department is working on it to make it easier.. But God knows when this will actually happen .. At least they are trying

kmkm

May 11, 2013
Paksiatn
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 06 2012
Med's Request
August 23 2012
Med's Done....
sep 03 2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20th april 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2013
LANDED..........
In sha Allah soon.
Dear Mr.on-hold I did not want to talk again on this topic .... But now I am making a last effort to explain you and I am hopeful that you will get my point.

I asked sonea about the grants and benefits from gov.... She told me the way that how I can have any if I want.... In a proper way... No cheating..... Along with her guidance she warned me about the mistakes done by the new immigrants... By spending their money on the extra thing... She just said not to waste on them.
I have not read any line from her about cheating or hiding any thing from the gov..... For that she gave a link which is a genuine way.
We are also not interested in any cheating.
If you think that there is any other way in which you can help you r also welcome.
Now just leave all that misunderstanding and be a helping hand for all of us as you know this time it's self is a lot of tension.
I am hopeful that now we will get some very helpful informations from your end. :)