+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First landing.. Need to go back to India without PR card

Pari17

Nov 28, 2018
Hi all,

I am a new immigrant. Landed in Canada first time three weeks ago 8 nov. I have not received my PR card and SIN yet.. I need to go back to India to get married and to complete resignation formalities from current employer by mid of December month. Can i re enter Canada without PR card?

Also plz answer if i get marry in India.. Do i need to inform anyone abt my marriage ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You will need to apply for a PRTD once back in India given without either a PR card or a PRTD you cannot board a plane back to Canada. Surprised you did not get your SIN given usually available straight away at Service Canada. Probably will not see PR card until early January.

Others can comment as well but given you have already landed as a PR you do not need to tell IRCC about your marriage until such time of course you plan to sponsor your new spouse for PR.

Pari17

Nov 28, 2018
You will need to apply for a PRTD once back in India given without either a PR card or a PRTD you cannot board a plane back to Canada. Surprised you did not get your SIN given usually available straight away at Service Canada. Probably will not see PR card until early January.

Others can comment as well but given you have already landed as a PR you do not need to tell IRCC about your marriage until such time of course you plan to sponsor your new spouse for PR.

Pari17

Nov 28, 2018
Thank you for ur prompt response..

I visited service canada office to get SIN however their systems were not working properly so officer asked me to fill in the form to get SIN.. He asked me to wait for 4-6 weeks to get SIN.. As per him i ll receive it within 6 weeks at my Canadian address.. So far i have not received anything..

I have got my health card and debit card.. May i know the documents required to get PRTD

Pari17

Nov 28, 2018
Please help me with list of documents required to get PRTD. also can i get it from Canada as well before i travel ??