+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints and photo (biometrics)

Art2020

May 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have been requested to give biometrics for my express entry. But dew to COVID-19 all of the centers are closed. What will happen to the application? Will I still be able to receive the PR?

Thanks in advance.

Art2020

May 13, 2020
Thanks for the reply.
Yea I saw this "Your application won’t be refused or closed ", but I wasn't sure if I still get the PR regarding the biometrics service's status.

I imagine there could be a condition saying. For example: "you got the PR but ones the biometrics service resume operational, you would need to make an appointment as soon as possible or your PR will be expired".

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It won't be refused or closed - meaning it won't hamper the processing of your application.

But biometrics are still required to FINALIZE your PR application, so you will need to give them at some point. They'll just extend the time limit you have to give them till Service Canada opens up for biometrics collection.

Art2020

May 13, 2020
It won't be refused or closed - meaning it won't hamper the processing of your application.

But biometrics are still required to FINALIZE your PR application, so you will need to give them at some point. They'll just extend the time limit you have to give them till Service Canada opens up for biometrics collection.
So the PR won't be approved until I provide my biometrics then and the waiting time till Service Canada opens is unknown.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have been requested to give biometrics for my express entry. But dew to COVID-19 all of the centers are closed. What will happen to the application? Will I still be able to receive the PR?

Thanks in advance.
Call IRCC helpline and you can hear a voice explaining ircc is reaching out to inland applicants for biometrics and they are scheduling based on application submission date

Reactions: indianstudent96

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Call IRCC helpline and you can hear a voice explaining ircc is reaching out to inland applicants for biometrics and they are scheduling based on application submission date
I can second this. I wish I had noticed it earlier, I received a call from Service Canada for my SIN extension on the other day, I could have asked them if I could get an appointment for biometrics. I live in a fairly smaller city, so I am hoping to get an appointment for biometrics soon. My AOR is June 27, 2020 but there will be applicants ahead of me as it has been closed since March.

Art2020

May 13, 2020
wow that's very interesting I didn't know that. Will have to give them a call now. What if they called and I didn't pick up, would they call again or send me an email?

Thank you again!

Reactions: tr3c00l

cck1986

May 8, 2020
I can second this. I wish I had noticed it earlier, I received a call from Service Canada for my SIN extension on the other day, I could have asked them if I could get an appointment for biometrics. I live in a fairly smaller city, so I am hoping to get an appointment for biometrics soon. My AOR is June 27, 2020 but there will be applicants ahead of me as it has been closed since March.
I just came from service Canada and I did ask about biometrics.. They asked me to pay close attention to the website and they are planning to open (not sure about timelines though) that's what I was told

Reactions: indianstudent96

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Confirming what others have said above. I just heard the IRCC robot-voice and then called Service Canada to speak to an actual human. The Service Canada officer made me hold for a second and basically repeated word-to-word what the IRCC robot-voice said—it sounded like he was reading it out loud from somewhere. And yes, they are doing it in order of the application date, so the earlier you applied, the sooner you should expect a call. This is a good thing, at least they are resuming it! But of course, somewhat frustrating to wait for them to call.

I asked two more questions:
  1. He asked me which city I am calling from. So I asked him if he could give me an approximate idea on how long this might take in my city—because the backlog is unlikely to be the same in every city. But he had no idea or at least that is what he said. In general, he agreed there will be a significant backlog. So it could be two weeks from now, or it could be 3 freakin' months.
  2. I also asked what happens if I miss their call, do they call me again or leave a voicemail, etc, and he said, "I wouldn't know." :rolleyes:
If anyone receives a call from Service Canada and schedules an appointment with them, it would be great if you could share that with us here with your e-APR date. It'd be neat if we could kind of track which month they are at and how fast they are moving.

Good luck to all.