+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints After Test !

Merosara

Jun 2, 2015
Hello everyone.
I applied for citizenship when I was in Ottawa and did my test there late July, 2015. After moving to Toronto this August for work, I received a letter from St. Clair office requisting fingerprints. We sent them electronically in 10 Aug, 2015.

I was wondering if this is an odd thing to happen!! My wife and I have no criminal records and never been outside Canada since we arrived. Beside, isn't it a bit awkward to receive a FP request after the test?? I certainly hope that this doesn't affect my application :(

Anyone has any idea?? much appreciated. Thanks.

DBN

Jan 11, 2013
We are in the same boat. I passed the test accordingly to the CIC officer. They sent a letter to me the next day and requested for the FP. I done my by July 26.
And now is a waiting game.

Merosara

Jun 2, 2015
DBN said:
We are in the same boat. I passed the test accordingly to the CIC officer. They sent a letter to me the next day and requested for the FP. I done my by July 26.
And now is a waiting game.
Thanks for the reply.

It is strange! during the Ottawa interview, I was told that there seems to be no problem and I will be receiving the oath letter next. I wonder if the transfer to St. Clair is a factor here. I really don't know !!!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Here is a similar link (not exactly related to citizenship) which may answer your query that why fingerprints are requested.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=703&t=19

Merosara

Jun 2, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Here is a similar link (not exactly related to citizenship) which may answer your query that why fingerprints are requested.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=703&t=19
Thanks!

I really hope that's all what's about.

DBN

Jan 11, 2013
My Fingerprint is for a identification purposes only !
Dose anyone have the same purpose ?

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Same scenario here I had my test in June in Vancouver and was told all is good and expect oath invite next but 3 weeks after that I received fingerprints request. I called CIC to confirm of they receive it the agent refused to check my application told me it takes about 3 months to update the system for fingerprints and my application has become non routine
Next step for me is to contact local office and send me copy of fingerprints and contact my MP ... Not sure if this will help

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does requesting the fingerprint reflect on the Ecas? does it add another line stating that a fingerprint is requested? Is your status still "In process" or went to "Decision Made"?

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
In my case Ecas didn't change and still In Process

I emailed RCMP and got auto reply and I tried to phone but no one answers

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Messi said:
Does requesting the fingerprint reflect on the Ecas? does it add another line stating that a fingerprint is requested? Is your status still "In process" or went to "Decision Made"?
E-cas may or may not update with the information. However, if there is a letter sent for requesting fingerprints, RQ, additional documentation and if the e-cas is updated then e-cas will show like the following: (however e-cas won't state that it is a fingerprint request or RQ etc)

We sent you a letter on xxxx date. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I have found the statement in red mentioned above in one of the old threads in this forum posted by a forum member and I have mentioned it here for your reference.

Merosara

Jun 2, 2015
I tried to contact RCMP via phone to no avail. Sent them an email last week and still no reply. The CIC call centre representatives give generic standard answers. Little bit disappointed but no complaints ::)

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
I got the status changed to decision made today. But it doesn't look true, because I got fingerprint request on 30th July, the day of my test and which makes it non routine. And it can't be so quick from that to this :(

received : 20th October 2014
Acknowledging receipt received : 30th Dec 2014
started processing : 30th Dec 2014
Citizenship test 30th July 2015
fingerprint received :30th july 2015 ( handed on test day )
Local office: calgary

Ashiqullah

Aug 12, 2015
drunkhead said:
I got the status changed to decision made today. But it doesn't look true, because I got fingerprint request on 30th July, the day of my test and which makes it non routine. And it can't be so quick from that to this :(

received : 20th October 2014
Acknowledging receipt received : 30th Dec 2014
started processing : 30th Dec 2014
Citizenship test 30th July 2015
fingerprint received :30th july 2015 ( handed on test day )
Local office: calgary
I am in the same boat, i have my test scheduled on August 25, 2015 but it appears in my online application a new line for finger print,

Can you please help me how/when/where to do the finger print and how long it takes to do it. the reason i am asking this question because i took half day off from work and if it takes longer i may have to book the day off.

you answer will be much appreciated.

thanks

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
Ashiqullah said:
I am in the same boat, i have my test scheduled on August 25, 2015 but it appears in my online application a new line for finger print,

Can you please help me how/when/where to do the finger print and how long it takes to do it. the reason i am asking this question because i took half day off from work and if it takes longer i may have to book the day off.

you answer will be much appreciated.

thanks

The best way is to book an appointment with any registered RCMP agency, who does electronic finger prints. It's only 10 mins of job, and they will send your fingerprints to RCMP electronically the same day. According to the email that I receive from RCMP, I did my finger print test in calgary on 30th July and they send it to CIC calgary office on 31st. This happens in the cases where there is no fingerprint records on RCMP file, otherwise according to them it can take upto 120 days.

But I think, even if you have received the fingerprint request, it's not a big thing now days as in previous years. And things are moving really fast, thanks to new rules and system in place.

I believe the problem now is that CIC only have certain slots open for citizenship ceremony and even after the decision is made on our file, we still have to wait for 2-8 weeks to get oath ceremony, depending on the queue ahead of us.

Wish you good luck for your test.

Cheers