+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Request

raja_michra

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guys, I have a question..

1. Is there a possibility that they send Fingerprint request after your background check is marked as Completed?

2. Does the Ecas or tracker shows the request for Fingerprint request?

Thanks

matthias_wlkp

Jun 28, 2015
1. Yes. I had that happen to me. BG check got complete, I passed the test and then 3 months layer they reverted BG check and requested my wife's fingerprints again. I was kind of expecting this, as she did fingerprints more than a year before we got the test invite...
2. I'm not sure about ECAS, but the new tracker shows this for sure.

raja_michra

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
1. Yes. I had that happen to me. BG check got complete, I passed the test and then 3 months layer they reverted BG check and requested my wife's fingerprints again. I was kind of expecting this, as she did fingerprints more than a year before we got the test invite...
Ok..Thanks for your reply, can you tell me what did the tracker say when they send Fingerprint request..like the exact wordings

matthias_wlkp

Jun 28, 2015
"Fingerprints required

Background verification

We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints. "

matthias_wlkp

Jun 28, 2015
New tracker or old tracker (ECAS)? This shows up only in new tracker. Also, if you have a family application, this shows up only for the family member that is to provide fingerprints.

citi01

Sep 12, 2021
Hey, the FP that expired for your wife, was that requested by IRCC or was it for some other purpose.
I have received an FP request but I already did an RCMP FP as part of employer requirement, can i use that one, any idea?

Jattsingh90

Oct 11, 2021
after BG completed, now I can see citizenship test update in application trcaker but no email received yet. Is it ok?
Anyone else experienced same? As mostly told me they recieved exam request in email.

Fidaato

Jan 2, 2022
Hi,
Can you please let me know if passport is mandatory for getting the fingerprints done or PR card, drivers license and health card will suffice?