+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Its almost 10 days now and dont see any correspondence. Frustration to the core
Check your mailing address if it is correct on ecas and also send this through web forum that you haven’t received fingerprint request as it shows in ecas , that might help

faonet

Jul 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am concerned regarding my citizenship application. My family's application for citizenship was submitted and received by CIC on September 19, 2018. By the end of January 2019, My wife and I received an email from CIC with an invitation to appear and write a citizenship; we did such test on February 27, 2019 which both passed satisfactorily, each one of us had an interview with the immigration officer who after verifying everything said us that within the following 2 and 5 months, we would receive a citizenship oath invitation by mail. Since I noticed that people who did the exam by the same time we did and even later are now citizens or already have the ceremony oath scheduled, I checked my application status online and it appeared that it was in process and the details as follows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2018
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 31, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 27, 2019 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on July 11, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I called CIC and the agent told me that she saw in the system that CIC had sent me a letter requesting fingerprints on February, (Which I never received) then she said me that she was going to send a message to the local immigration branch to let them know about my case and maybe expedite the process. As she explained me, my process is currently on stand-by until I perform the fingerprint diligence.

I have noticed that all the people has received the fingerprint request before the citizenship test but not after as It happened to me. Is there anybody who has experienced the same situation? Does anybody has any idea about how long will it take to receive the invitation to the ceremony oath?

We have planned a family trip by the end of the year and not sure if by that time we already are citizens...:(:(:(

Thank you in advance for your comments and reply

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am concerned regarding my citizenship application. My family's application for citizenship was submitted and received by CIC on September 19, 2018. By the end of January 2019, My wife and I received an email from CIC with an invitation to appear and write a citizenship; we did such test on February 27, 2019 which both passed satisfactorily, each one of us had an interview with the immigration officer who after verifying everything said us that within the following 2 and 5 months, we would receive a citizenship oath invitation by mail. Since I noticed that people who did the exam by the same time we did and even later are now citizens or already have the ceremony oath scheduled, I checked my application status online and it appeared that it was in process and the details as follows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2018
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 31, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 27, 2019 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on July 11, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I called CIC and the agent told me that she saw in the system that CIC had sent me a letter requesting fingerprints on February, (Which I never received) then she said me that she was going to send a message to the local immigration branch to let them know about my case and maybe expedite the process. As she explained me, my process is currently on stand-by until I perform the fingerprint diligence.

I have noticed that all the people has received the fingerprint request before the citizenship test but not after as It happened to me. Is there anybody who has experienced the same situation? Does anybody has any idea about how long will it take to receive the invitation to the ceremony oath?

We have planned a family trip by the end of the year and not sure if by that time we already are citizens...:(:(:(

Thank you in advance for your comments and reply

I received the FP request on Jul12 after passing the test in February and sending CIT0520 in late March and CIT0519 in June. Did the FP on same day at fingerprinting services after receiving the email .

Did you not receive the FP request in email ? But just saw the online status requesting correspondence ?

faonet

Jul 15, 2019
I received the FP request on Jul12 after passing the test in February and sending CIT0520 in late March and CIT0519 in June. Did the FP on same day at fingerprinting services after receiving the email .

Did you not receive the FP request in email ? But just saw the online status requesting correspondence ?
No, I did not. The letter was sent on last July 11th by CIC and only after this, my ECAS updated. I did receive the letter yesterday and tomorrow will do the FP.

Reactions: k300k3