+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request

AyeshaAktar

Oct 16, 2017
Hello,
We applied for citizenship as family of 3. Me , my husband and my 6 years old son on September. Only my husband received fingerprint request on January 1st. But for me and my son we didn't received anything. Should we wait for ours?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hello,
We applied for citizenship as family of 3. Me , my husband and my 6 years old son on September. Only my husband received fingerprint request on January 1st. But for me and my son we didn't received anything. Should we wait for ours?
No that means urs is not required. FP is only issues to people whose name matches with someone else in database and they want to ensure this is a different person. U and ur son did not required FP thats y u only got for ur husband

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
hi, my dad's ECAS showing that cic have asked for additional documents for his citizenship and we are assuming they have requested for the finger prints,my question is that ECAS showing cic sent correspondence on 28th of jan but my dad haven't received anything as of yet in the email or in the mailbox so was just wondering if the fingerprint request come through email or actual mail and also should he call cic if he does not receive anything till monday, any leads will be highly appreciated.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
hi, my dad's ECAS showing that cic have asked for additional documents for his citizenship and we are assuming they have requested for the finger prints,my question is that ECAS showing cic sent correspondence on 28th of jan but my dad haven't received anything as of yet in the email or in the mailbox so was just wondering if the fingerprint request come through email or actual mail and also should he call cic if he does not receive anything till monday, any leads will be highly appreciated.
It comes through mail so keep checking ur mailbox it takes few days to arrive

AyeshaAktar

Oct 16, 2017
Hello,
In my husband's case, there was an update for documents request on 21st of January. We received it by mail on 25th. So keep checking the mail.

Ram32

Nov 12, 2015
Hi friends,
I applied my citizenship on FEb 2019 and got acknowledgment on April 3rd. On 23rd April there is message posted on my online account saying a correspondence has been sent and revert with the details ASAP . This request was related to FP .Neither I received any email nor post till date. When contacted the CIC one representative says an email was sent and other says the request letter was sent through ordinary CP.
Could any one of you please let me know
->weather FP request is sent via email or canada post.
-> what if the time line has passed and no intimation was received.
->Is there a chance I can get the FP done without the letter and send it to CIC

Ram32

Nov 12, 2015
Hello,
Could you please let me know if you received the FP request via email or CP regular

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
Hi friends,
I applied my citizenship on FEb 2019 and got acknowledgment on April 3rd. On 23rd April there is message posted on my online account saying a correspondence has been sent and revert with the details ASAP . This request was related to FP .Neither I received any email nor post till date. When contacted the CIC one representative says an email was sent and other says the request letter was sent through ordinary CP.
They send regular mail for the fingerprint request

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi friends,
My FP request was sent by email
And you can’t get your FP done without the letter from IRCC- the collection agency just won’t do it without the letter

Ram32

Nov 12, 2015
My FP request was sent by email
And you can’t get your FP done without the letter from IRCC- the collection agency just won’t do it without the letter
Thanks for your reply my friend. How much time it took for you to receive the email once the status was updated online?

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Thanks for your reply my friend. How much time it took for you to receive the email once the status was updated online?
In my case, I received the email first and the next day the request for fingerprint got updated on ecas. If your ecas is updated with fingerprint request and you had opted to receive email then check your inbox including junk folder. However I have read on this forum about someone who opted for email communication yet received fingerprint request by snail mail. For IRCC anything goes.

Ram32

Nov 12, 2015
In my case, I received the email first and the next day the request for fingerprint got updated on ecas. If your ecas is updated with fingerprint request and you had opted to receive email then check your inbox including junk folder. However I have read on this forum about someone who opted for email communication yet received fingerprint request by snail mail. For IRCC anything goes.
Its almost 10 days now and dont see any correspondence. Frustration to the core