+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request twice

rupinmaths

Apr 20, 2021
I applied for my citizenship application in November 2019. I was requested for Fingerprints in March 2020 and I submitted them within 2-3 days. Since there was no update on the status of application since this last finger print request, very recently in Feb 2021 I confirmed with CIC by posting a web request form query online if CIC have received all my documents and why is there no update on my application. They answered and told me Yes they have received all the documents and the delay is due to pandemic.

Now last week I was requested to submit the fingerprints again, I got the exact same email that i got last year in March 2020. Why are they asking for fingerprints again? Has this happened to anyone else?

Reactions: BOYX

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I applied for my citizenship application in November 2019. I was requested for Fingerprints in March 2020 and I submitted them within 2-3 days. Since there was no update on the status of application since this last finger print request, very recently in Feb 2021 I confirmed with CIC by posting a web request form query online if CIC have received all my documents and why is there no update on my application. They answered and told me Yes they have received all the documents and the delay is due to pandemic.

Now last week I was requested to submit the fingerprints again, I got the exact same email that i got last year in March 2020. Why are they asking for fingerprints again? Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, they ask once in a year(for those whoever received fingerprints) since the criminal record is only valid for a year. To keep your criminality verification passed/current, they need to get new records. Requesting for fingerprints is the only way sd they dont store the fingerprints.

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014

It's nothing to worry about, as the other poster before me stated it's simply because between now and the time you submitted your initial fingerprints, you could have a criminal record by now, so criminal background checks are only valid for 1 year. It's not because they think you may have done anything wrong, it's just due process and unfortunately because of the long delays caused by the pandemic more people may need to do this.

ashboy

Aug 27, 2018
I received a request as well to submit my FP, it only shows on the status page but I haven’t received any email or letter, is that common? Also is there a way to go straight to RCMP or do I have to go through an authorized office?

Reactions: summaiya_t

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
I received a request as well to submit my FP, it only shows on the status page but I haven’t received any email or letter, is that common? Also is there a way to go straight to RCMP or do I have to go through an authorized office?
The email follows in a couple of days after you see it on the tracker page. There are many places, other than RCMP, that are authorized to do the task. Just use Google for your area.

Med Marine

Dec 9, 2017

Have they come to you after submitting the second FP? if yes, in how long?