+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Request through Mail

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Hello Friends and Expert Group Members,

After the line is updated in ECAS for the Fingerprint Request, in how many days you can expect to receive the Mail by Post?

Need your valuable input

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hello Friends and Expert Group Members,

After the line is updated in ECAS for the Fingerprint Request, in how many days you can expect to receive the Mail by Post?

Need your valuable input
Did you get AoR by email? If so there's a good chance it came by email and check your spam box. I'd give it a full 7-10 working days then phone IRCC if still nothing by post to see if they can re-send or provide sufficient info to submit.

Reactions: twrooney

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Thank you jc94. Yes, it was received by Email. I have checked my email(spam folder as well) but nothing there. I will wait 7-10 days to receive it. Do you know how I can contact IRCC?

Thank you!

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Thank you jc94. Yes, it was received by Email. I have checked my email(spam folder as well) but nothing there. I will wait 7-10 days to receive it. Do you know how I can contact IRCC?

Thank you!
If you are patient and have time (or a job that lets you make personal calls and a headset to work while in long queues) the phone works best for this question. Also have to be in Canada. Tends to take several attempts to get into a queue, and they probably still have the long message about Ukraine (if you even get that far).

Once into queue, be prepared to wait 20-40 mins. They offer a callback but I just put on headset.

Other option is a webform, expect 2-5 (normally 4-5) business days for them to send it onto local office who may reach out.

1-888-242-2100. Option 4 then 0 IIRC.

Reactions: Paoloartois

free_palestinian

Star Member
May 4, 2016
I had the same situation
I first got the request on the 23 of December and there was nothing on my email or the junk mail so I called them and the agent said it was A fingerprint request coming in the regular mail from the Vancouver office
So I waited and nothing showed up in my mail box
I called them again and the agent was very helpful , she said she is going to email the Vancouver office to send another request and sure enough there were another request in my email sent on the second of January
So my advice to wait 5 business days and if nothing shows in your regular mail box call them and ask them to email the Vancouver office to send it through the email

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Not to spam but aware not everyone monitors threads on Jan 2019 applicants or Scarborough so for reference my notice arrived in 5 working days from letter on late and shown in ECAS.

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
If you are patient and have time (or a job that lets you make personal calls and a headset to work while in long queues) the phone works best for this question. Also have to be in Canada. Tends to take several attempts to get into a queue, and they probably still have the long message about Ukraine (if you even get that far).

Once into queue, be prepared to wait 20-40 mins. They offer a callback but I just put on headset.

Other option is a webform, expect 2-5 (normally 4-5) business days for them to send it onto local office who may reach out.

1-888-242-2100. Option 4 then 0 IIRC.
Thank you so much for providing the detail answer. Really appreciated.

Yes I have a good patience while handling some of the issues with TD Bank - Wait time 1 hour 20 minutes lol and that was achieved in 3 attempt.

With respect to the Webform, can you provide the link?

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I had the same situation
I first got the request on the 23 of December and there was nothing on my email or the junk mail so I called them and the agent said it was A fingerprint request coming in the regular mail from the Vancouver office
So I waited and nothing showed up in my mail box
I called them again and the agent was very helpful , she said she is going to email the Vancouver office to send another request and sure enough there were another request in my email sent on the second of January
So my advice to wait 5 business days and if nothing shows in your regular mail box call them and ask them to email the Vancouver office to send it through the email
Thank you very much for addressing the concern. I really hope i receive it the first time.

I will wait for 5 to 7 days as advised by you and jc64.

When they emailed you the FP request? Was that on the same day of call or after some days?

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Not to spam but aware not everyone monitors threads on Jan 2019 applicants or Scarborough so for reference my notice arrived in 5 working days from letter on late and shown in ECAS.
Thank you jc94, I really hope to receive it within 5 working days.

Do you know how much time we have to do fingerprints? I will do it the same day but was wondering if 5 days are counted in the maximum submission deadline or it starts from the day when the mail is received in your mailbox? Can you share the name of the place from where you did your fingerprints? How did you follow up that they have actually received it?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Thank you jc94, I really hope to receive it within 5 working days.

Do you know how much time we have to do fingerprints? I will do it the same day but was wondering if 5 days are counted in the maximum submission deadline or it starts from the day when the mail is received in your mailbox? Can you share the name of the place from where you did your fingerprints? How did you follow up that they have actually received it?
Here's what the letter will say: To proceed with your application, you must have your fingerprints taken within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter.
So, that will include the 5 working days most likely.

Where are you located? I'm East of GTA so had them done in Pickering, I can look up the place if helpful. I rang them up as they said I needed an appointment and I said fine how about today, and went right after their lunch. I never got (as is normal) an update so rang IRCC close to 30 days in just to confirm they had okay and they said yep all good.

I think they said it was all okay as of May 23rd and I got note/did FP May 6th, so about 2.5 weeks. 2-3 is standard I believe.

Reactions: twrooney

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Here's what the letter will say: To proceed with your application, you must have your fingerprints taken within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter.
So, that will include the 5 working days most likely.

Where are you located? I'm East of GTA so had them done in Pickering, I can look up the place if helpful. I rang them up as they said I needed an appointment and I said fine how about today, and went right after their lunch. I never got (as is normal) an update so rang IRCC close to 30 days in just to confirm they had okay and they said yep all good.

I think they said it was all okay as of May 23rd and I got note/did FP May 6th, so about 2.5 weeks. 2-3 is standard I believe.
Thank you jc94. Hmmm so I need to subtract 5 days from that.

I am located West of GTA. Worried who is good/who is faster as don't want to get in to trouble. Any suggestions?

I liked how you waited 30 days before calling them - I will follow the same timelines. Thank you

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Thank you jc94. Hmmm so I need to subtract 5 days from that.

I am located West of GTA. Worried who is good/who is faster as don't want to get in to trouble. Any suggestions?

I liked how you waited 30 days before calling them - I will follow the same timelines. Thank you
Well the letter says the accredited options you have are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp
Which is a webpage that says go search online.

Say you are in Mississauga you'd search "RCMP accredited fingerprinting company Mississauga"

Honestly all I did was look at the top couple of hits and called one up, checking they had the required RCMP Letter of Accreditation. You might find some recommendations searching here too, but just anyone who can do it quickly and seems okay should be fine. Best of luck.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Still waiting and hoping to receive soon
Assuming that ECAS says Jan 21st that's pretty much six working days. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow maybe give IRCC a call and ask if they can send it (again) over email or provide sufficient details for you to do it without the letter. Did you provide email with your application?

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Assuming that ECAS says Jan 21st that's pretty much six working days. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow maybe give IRCC a call and ask if they can send it (again) over email or provide sufficient details for you to do it without the letter. Did you provide email with your application?
Yes, I did provide Email and AOR came through email

Reactions: zaid84