+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Request in 30 days - However Im Outside Canada - USA

samiam2001

Nov 14, 2012
I received an email from IRCC that in order to further process my application for Citizenship, they want my finger prints to be done.
They also mentioned that finger prints must be done with in 30 days of this email.

I am currently travelling and I am physically in California, USA untill end of November 2018.

I am wondering if I can get the finger prints done here in USA? is there a list of approved finger printing authority?

or can I request for extension till end of december?

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Reactions: Jok5r

samiam2001

Nov 14, 2012
this is confusing. i am getting contradicting answers.

I called CIC call center today. Explained the agent that I am currently not in Canada .

Agent mentioned that I have to be in Canada in order to give the finger prints. As per the agent, I should send a letter to CIC explaining them that I am out of country and will get the fingerprints upon my return.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
this is confusing. i am getting contradicting answers.

I called CIC call center today. Explained the agent that I am currently not in Canada .

Agent mentioned that I have to be in Canada in order to give the finger prints. As per the agent, I should send a letter to CIC explaining them that I am out of country and will get the fingerprints upon my return.
Not surprising. You were expected to be inside Canada during the processing. Services that provide Fingerprints services in Canada are usually sent to RCMP for processing for CIC. Services outside Canada doesn't necessarily follow this procedure for fingerprint requests. You may have to submit a request to CIC to delay the fingerprint request until your return or you can book a flight back to Canada, submit your fingerprint and return to California.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I received an email from IRCC that in order to further process my application for Citizenship, they want my finger prints to be done.
They also mentioned that finger prints must be done with in 30 days of this email.

I am currently travelling and I am physically in California, USA untill end of November 2018.

I am wondering if I can get the finger prints done here in USA? is there a list of approved finger printing authority?

or can I request for extension till end of december?
1. What you have to do is have your fingerprints taken by an agency where you are residing, and then you sent the prints to one of the authorized agencies in Canada, i.e. Corp of Commissionaires who then then digitize them and forward them to the RCMP.

2. From the RCMP web site:

"In addition to taking fingerprints electronically, several of these companies accept fingerprints that have been taken on paper, convert them to electronic transactions, and submit them directly to CCRTIS for processing. This service is also available to individuals whose fingerprints were taken outside of Canada. Accredited fingerprint companies are not authorized to conduct vulnerable sector checks but are allowed to fingerprint applicants who are referred to them by the police of local jurisdiction."

3. From the Corp of Commissionaires Web Site

International Fingerprints
  • If you require a Canadian police records check by fingerprints, but currently reside outside of Canada, Commissionaires can help. We have a scan to digital service that will allow us to use your ink fingerprints, taken in the country where you are, and convert them to a digital submission to the RCMP, which will get your results to you in days not weeks. For more information please send us an e-mail at idservices@commissionaires-ottawa.on.ca.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Whatever you end up doing, make sure you've responded within 30 days either with a letter or the FP results. Otherwise, your application status could be in jeopardy. Worse case, if you notify them properly, it could create a delay until they receive them, but only if you take an extraordinarily long time. How long until you're back in country?