+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fingerprint request from CIC for citizenship

K camp

Jul 7, 2014
BLT said:
Oh, I missed you initial Kcamp as Kappy (both with K). He started the thread in June, I thought until now no result. Sorry, bro.
If the RCMP sends to you, then forward it to CIC asap once you got it. The address is in the FP-request mail that CIC sent to you, should be your local office. And if the result comes out in 3 days, that means you are clear.

No biggy....thanks for your prompt replied....one more question....if the rcmp send the result to my address...can I delivered it to St Clair myself instead of mailing it?

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
K camp said:
No biggy....thanks for your prompt replied....one more question....if the rcmp send the result to my address...can I delivered it to St Clair myself instead of mailing it?
IMO, you better send it with Purolator. About $15, delivered in the morning, day after tomorrow. Because if you deliver it yourself, maybe you are not dropping the mail to the mail division, but customer service or front desk instead, who doesn't know AND DOESN'T CARE about mailing stuff. It's like when you call the call centre, some nice agents will tell you the real condition of your application. But some will simply sing a song to you about 24 months and 36 months. How can you tell that you are seeing a nice agent or a singer, right?

K camp

Jul 7, 2014
BLT said:
IMO, you better send it with Purolator. About $15, delivered in the morning, day after tomorrow. Because if you deliver it yourself, maybe you are not dropping the mail to the mail division, but customer service or front desk instead, who doesn't know AND DOESN'T CARE about mailing stuff. It's like when you call the call centre, some nice agents will tell you the real condition of your application. But some will simply sing a song to you about 24 months and 36 months. How can you tell that you are seeing a nice agent or a singer, right?

Truthful words....I will just follow your advice...and thanks for the info...

wakil khan

Jun 3, 2016
Hi everyone

I applied for citizenship in Jan 17 but I got a letter fp request I did it today and I was charge for a crime but never convicted can anyone please advise if it's gonna affect citizenship ? N how long will take to get the results to Cic?

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
wakil khan said:
Hi everyone

I applied for citizenship in Jan 17 but I got a letter fp request I did it today and I was charge for a crime but never convicted can anyone please advise if it's gonna affect citizenship ? N how long will take to get the results to Cic?
what do u mean by charge for a crime?

can u explain what it is

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
wakil khan said:
Hi everyone

What does the letter state?

wakil khan

Jun 3, 2016
Actually I was charge for assault and I never found guilty my charges draft and I receive fp request n I did electronics fp yesterday so I was wondering what will happen later and is it gonna affect me

wakil khan

Jun 3, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
What does the letter state?

The letter state that we have a question in regard of ur application we want you to electronic fp through rcmp approved agency I did it yesterday so I was wondering if it's gonna affect my citizenship since I have no conviction but I was charge n my charges draft

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wakil khan said:
The letter state that we have a question in regard of ur application we want you to electronic fp through rcmp approved agency I did it yesterday so I was wondering if it's gonna affect my citizenship since I have no conviction but I was charge n my charges draft
Could cause delay as there is record of your fingerprint in the RCMP database. According to RCMP, if no record found, the fingerprint report will be ready in 72 hours. If record found, even your change was not convicted, it could take up to 90-120 days to have the report ready.

wakil khan

Jun 3, 2016
And is it gonna affect my citizenship ? You think it will be helpful sending email to rcmp to expediate process my fingerprints and I correct me if I am wrong if charges droft and after a year the finger prints and dats will be automatically remove from rcmp data base. But How come I never found guilty but still have record ?

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wakil khan said:
And is it gonna affect my citizenship ? You think it will be helpful sending email to rcmp to expediate process my fingerprints and I correct me if I am wrong if charges droft and after a year the finger prints and dats will be automatically remove from rcmp data base. But How come I never found guilty but still have record ?
the fingerprint record, not the criminal record.

wakil khan

Jun 3, 2016
Yes sir I have photographs n finger prints record not criminal conviction , is it still gonna cause me delays ? Or any issue with citizenship

NizYou

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Is there any thing can be done before submitting the application to avoid delaying the application? For example the judge decision that the person is not convicted or whatsoever???