+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fingerprint request from CIC for citizenship

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wakil khan said:
Yes sir I have photographs n finger prints record not criminal conviction , is it still gonna cause me delays ? Or any issue with citizenship
My understand is (may not be accurate): when you submit your fingerprint to RCMP they will run a query against the database to see if there is a record (fingerprint record) match. If there is no match, the report will be generated right away. That's why the guideline says up to 72 hours "if no records found". But if there is a record found, they need further verification such as what the case was and if you got convicted or not. To run further verification, it will take longer. The guideline says if there is criminal record found, it will take up to 120 days. For your case, you may only have fingerprint record, but still will trigger further verification. It may not be as bad as 120 days, but definitely will be longer than 72 hours. You can contact RCMP a few days after you submit your fingerprints. They will advise you. In terms of your record, as long as it is not convicted, should not effect your final result. However it may cause delay too.

NizYou

Star Member
May 11, 2016
wakil khan said:
Yes sir I have photographs n finger prints record not criminal conviction , is it still gonna cause me delays ? Or any issue with citizenship
Kindly keep us updated, I have a similar situation and need to start my application soon

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Kindly keep us updated, I have a similar situation and need to start my application soon
Hi, First, you should get a certified court record from the court where the charges where dropped, and keep it with you for the interview. if you had the fingerprint result mailed to your address and it does not show the dismissal of the charges, then mail a copy of the court record with the fingerprints to CIC. If the fingerprint records shows the dismissal then only mail the fingerprint record to cic

Ram32

Nov 12, 2015
Hi friends,
I applied my citizenship on FEb 2019 and got acknowledgment on April 3rd. On 23rd April there is message posted on my online account saying a correspondence has been sent and revert with the details ASAP . This request was related to FP .Neither I received any email nor post till date. When contacted the CIC one representative says an email was sent and other says the request letter was sent through ordinary CP.
Could any one of you please let me know
->weather FP request is sent via email or canada post.
-> what if the time line has passed and no intimation was received.
->Is there a chance I can get the FP done without the letter and send it to CIC