+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fingerprint request from CIC for citizenship

kappy

Jun 20, 2014
Hello

I got a letter from CIC requesting for my fingerprints after applying for citizenship.

I had done the fingerprint electronically with in 03 days after i received the letter on jun 07 ,2014 with an RCMP approved agency.

I called CIC call center to get an update ,but call center agent say they haven't received anything from RCMP.

RCMP website states electronic fingerprints will process faster 72 hrs, depending upon volume of fingerprints they receive during that time of the year,it's 02 weeks still counting..

What is the next step, how long I had to wait to hear something CIC or RCMP

Does anyone have similar situation.....Please help

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kappy said:
Hello

I got a letter from CIC requesting for my fingerprints after applying for citizenship.

I had done the fingerprint electronically with in 03 days after i received the letter on jun 07 ,2014 with an RCMP approved agency.

I called CIC call center to get an update ,but call center agent say they haven't received anything from RCMP.

RCMP website states electronic fingerprints will process faster 72 hrs, depending upon volume of fingerprints they receive during that time of the year,it's 02 weeks still counting..

What is the next step, how long I had to wait to hear something CIC or RCMP

Does anyone have similar situation.....Please help
Hi

I got FP rqst about mid march done week after & called to confirm around end of March/beg April & they did rcv it. Think 72hrs is from when do digital FP to when CIC rcv in system (any1 correct me if wrong) after that need to do background checks & that takes a while but if no criminal charges should be ok.

They don't update ecas for FP can call again next week but if any reassurance I was called for test 6-7 wks after so FP doesn't necessarily mean non-routine (36mnths) a few others in Sept thread who done FP didn't wait too long for test either.

Good luck

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kappy said:
Hi

I got no clue ,why they asked for my fingerprints.
Because CIC does a criminal records check in CPIC. If there is a person with a record with a similar name and age, they then request fingerprints to determine if the person with the record is you or not.

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also got FP request today. The letter says ... "Where there is an indication that a criminal record may be involved, it is essential to ensure that there is no error in the identity of the applicant concerned. Because similar biographical data can sometimes lead to mistaken identity, the only way of avoiding such an error is through the use of fingerprints."
Planning to do it tomorrow. Hope it doesn't lead to an RQ.

Fadz

Mar 14, 2014
I became a Canadian Citizen mid June.. In the process i did get the FP request.. it did delay the process a bit but there is no relationship whatsoever between FPs and RQs

manucochin

Oct 17, 2013
kappy said:
Hello

hay i done my fingerprint on april 2014at cic delhi because they did't accept electronic result.. they said they want to take my fingerprint..
i am still waiting my result around(22 weeks)

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
K camp said:
Question for anyone.....did rcmp mail the result of the fingerprint to you or cic?
Depends on your order, but if you brought the CIC letter to the RCMP when submitted the FP, most of the time they would mail it to CIC. If they mail it to you, then you need to forward it to CIC.
If you have submitted your FP in June, you should call CIC call centre to check whether they have received it. If they haven't and you don't receive any result from RCMP too, then you should contact RCMP by email to check about your result. They will tell you either it's still being processed or the date they mailed it out.
FP result will arrive in your mail box or CIC about one week after submission (I submitted on Monday, got it on Tuesday next week). If no result is sent out after 1 week, maybe there is a match is your FP search, means you ever had a problem with police, and in this case, the result can take up to 4 months.

K camp

Jul 7, 2014
I applied September 30 2014. This was the rcmp replied Please be advised that the verification in question was completed on 2014-10-04 and the result has been sent to my address whigh was below

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
K camp said:
I applied September 30 2014. This was the rcmp replied Please be advised that the verification in question was completed on 2014-10-04 and the result has been sent to my address whigh was below
Oh, I missed you initial Kcamp as Kappy (both with K). He started the thread in June, I thought until now no result. Sorry, bro.
If the RCMP sends to you, then forward it to CIC asap once you got it. The address is in the FP-request mail that CIC sent to you, should be your local office. And if the result comes out in 3 days, that means you are clear.