+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request for Citizenship

amaanka

Nov 8, 2018
RECIEVED FP REQUEST IN EARLY OCT, 2018. WENT TO ONE OF THE RECOMMENDED AGENCIES , THEY HAVE SUBMITTED IT TO THE RCMP IN REGINA, SK AND ALSO SAID THEY WILL SEND IT DIRECTLY CITIZENSHIP CANADA. DID NOT RECIEVED MY INVITATION FOR THE TEST AND THE ONLINE STILL REMAINS IN PROCESS.

JPBless

May 14, 2018
RECIEVED FP REQUEST IN EARLY OCT, 2018. WENT TO ONE OF THE RECOMMENDED AGENCIES , THEY HAVE SUBMITTED IT TO THE RCMP IN REGINA, SK AND ALSO SAID THEY WILL SEND IT DIRECTLY CITIZENSHIP CANADA. DID NOT RECIEVED MY INVITATION FOR THE TEST AND THE ONLINE STILL REMAINS IN PROCESS.
Many people, including me, are in similar position. It is kind of normal. Nevertheless, you did not say when you submitted your application for citizenship. If it is less than 12 months then you are still within what IRCC terms normal processing time and any inquiry you make to IRCC will get a terse response - if any.

However if it is more than 12 months (since you submitted your application) then you should contact IRCC for update on your application, which actually is a way to prompt them to work on your application.

Reactions: amaanka

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
When I did my finger print at RCMP downtown office, they said we don't send results directly to CIC so I got my finger print results from RCMP main office Ottawa in 9 days and I had to sent it to CIC ( Vancouver office ) myself. It's has been 10 days since my mail was delivered but nothing has changed yet in my ecas. I am still waiting for my test invitation.
Hi there,
I did the same as the fingerprint results were sent to me. I forwarded them to the IRCC office in Halifax. The address was the FP request It's been 3 weeks with no changes in ecas. I called IRCC today and the agent said they were still waiting for fingerprint results, nothing was in my file. Do you know how soon they started processing your fingerprint results after they received them?

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
Hi all
Can I open and see the fingerprint results once I receive from RCMP in mail??
There is nothing said in the FP request about opening the envelope if RCMP sends results directly to you.
Here is from the FP request.
If the RCMP sends the fingerprint results directly to you, forward them to this office as soon as possible so that we can resume processing your application.
I think you can open and send to IRCC. That's what I did.

BiomedAmrt

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
There is nothing said in the FP request about opening the envelope if RCMP sends results directly to you.
Here is from the FP request.
If the RCMP sends the fingerprint results directly to you, forward them to this office as soon as possible so that we can resume processing your application.
I think you can open and send to IRCC. That's what I did.
Thank you

Micbm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
In my case, I got a FP request, which I did in downtown Toronto, I didn't get any confirmation on ECAS or anywhere, after a few weeks I got my invitation to do the test. Here's my timeline:

9-Feb-2018 Mailed application
12-Feb-2018 Application delivered
12-Mar-2018 AOR
03-May-2018 In Process
31-May-2018 FP requested
28-Jun-2018 FP done
19-Aug-2018 Test invite
13-Sep-2018 Test/interview date (passed)
28-Sep-2018 Decision Made
Waiting for Oath letter.

davisaj

Jul 16, 2012
I got a finger print request yesterday after submitting my application in Oct 2017. Going on Monday to complete but worried about a few things:

1) why so long after submission?
2) I can’t find my original Confirmation of PR or Record of Landing. I have the photocopies though. Will this be an issue do you think?

Thanks!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I got a finger print request yesterday after submitting my application in Oct 2017. Going on Monday to complete but worried about a few things:

2) I can’t find my original Confirmation of PR or Record of Landing. I have the photocopies though. Will this be an issue do you think?

Thanks!
Probably the final round of criminality check before or right around the time of test. I had that too

Reactions: davisaj

JPBless

May 14, 2018

Thanks!
RE: 2
You do not need original COPR for fingerprinting. All they care about is (two) government issued photo IDs like Drivers License, Passport, Health card ETC.

faonet

Jul 15, 2019
Dear forum members,

I am concerned regarding my citizenship application. My family's application for citizenship was submitted and received by CIC on September 19, 2018. By the end of January 2019, My wife and I received an email from CIC with an invitation to appear and write a citizenship; we did such test on February 27, 2019 which both passed satisfactorily, each one of us had an interview with the immigration officer who after verifying everything said us that within the following 2 and 5 months, we would receive a citizenship oath invitation by mail. Since I noticed that people who did the exam by the same time we did and even later are now citizens or already have the ceremony oath scheduled, I checked my application status online and it appeared that it was in process and the details as follows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2018
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 31, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 27, 2019 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on July 11, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I called CIC and the agent told me that she saw in the system that CIC had sent me a letter requesting fingerprints on February, (Which I never received) then she said me that she was going to send a message to the local immigration branch to let them know about my case and maybe expedite the process. As she explained me, my process is currently on stand-by until I perform the fingerprint diligence.

I have noticed that all the people have received the fingerprint request before the citizenship test but not after as It happened to me. Is there anybody who has experienced the same situation?
The other issue is that our Permanent Resident Cards are expired which implies that very likely a family trip that we have planned by the end of the year will have to be postponed unless we become citizens before....then, Does anybody has any idea about how long will it take to receive the invitation to the ceremony oath?

Thank you in advance for your comments and reply

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
Dear forum members,

I am concerned regarding my citizenship application. My family's application for citizenship was submitted and received by CIC on September 19, 2018. By the end of January 2019, My wife and I received an email from CIC with an invitation to appear and write a citizenship; we did such test on February 27, 2019 which both passed satisfactorily, each one of us had an interview with the immigration officer who after verifying everything said us that within the following 2 and 5 months, we would receive a citizenship oath invitation by mail. Since I noticed that people who did the exam by the same time we did and even later are now citizens or already have the ceremony oath scheduled, I checked my application status online and it appeared that it was in process and the details as follows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2018
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 31, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 27, 2019 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on July 11, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I called CIC and the agent told me that she saw in the system that CIC had sent me a letter requesting fingerprints on February, (Which I never received) then she said me that she was going to send a message to the local immigration branch to let them know about my case and maybe expedite the process. As she explained me, my process is currently on stand-by until I perform the fingerprint diligence.

I have noticed that all the people have received the fingerprint request before the citizenship test but not after as It happened to me. Is there anybody who has experienced the same situation?
The other issue is that our Permanent Resident Cards are expired which implies that very likely a family trip that we have planned by the end of the year will have to be postponed unless we become citizens before....then, Does anybody has any idea about how long will it take to receive the invitation to the ceremony oath?

Thank you in advance for your comments and reply
I don't think there is a reason to start worrying. They explicitly put it in your CAS status that the correspondence (apparently, fingerprint request) was sent to you on July 11, 2019. Give it another week or two, then go do fingerprints and you should be good. Fingerprint request is a routine procedure. I got the same update in CAS in September last year, waited a month for the mail to come. After I did fingerprints I had not heard from them for six months until late April when we were invited to take a test and the next day took the oath.

I have heard about cases when fingerprints were requested after the test and it means nothing (good or bad). They work on their own schedule and are not in a hurry as long as they meet 1 year deadline for processing. There are lot of thing they have to consider when scheduling folks for test and oath and most of them have nothing to do with your application. You still have plenty of time till September 19, 2019.

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
I don't think there is a reason to start worrying. They explicitly put it in your CAS status that the correspondence (apparently, fingerprint request) was sent to you on July 11, 2019. Give it another week or two, then go do fingerprints and you should be good. Fingerprint request is a routine procedure. I got the same update in CAS in September last year, waited a month for the mail to come. After I did fingerprints I had not heard from them for six months until late April when we were invited to take a test and the next day took the oath.

I have heard about cases when fingerprints were requested after the test and it means nothing (good or bad). They work on their own schedule and are not in a hurry as long as they meet 1 year deadline for processing. There are lot of thing they have to consider when scheduling folks for test and oath and most of them have nothing to do with your application. You still have plenty of time till September 19, 2019.
Forgot to mention, if your PR are expired just apply for new ones. Takes a couple months to process and 50 bucks per person. At least you will save your family trip.
We renewed our PRs without any issues while Citizenship was in process. Even after you take the oath, you won't get passports immediately. It will take a few weeks to apply and get passports. So, I would recommend to renew PRs. There might be other issues with expired PRs even if you don't travel. For example, the university did not want to accept my son as a Canadian resident with expired PR card.