+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request for Citizenship

faonet

Jul 15, 2019
Forgot to mention, if your PR are expired just apply for new ones. Takes a couple months to process and 50 bucks per person. At least you will save your family trip.
We renewed our PRs without any issues while Citizenship was in process. Even after you take the oath, you won't get passports immediately. It will take a few weeks to apply and get passports. So, I would recommend to renew PRs. There might be other issues with expired PRs even if you don't travel. For example, the university did not want to accept my son as a Canadian resident with expired PR card.
Many thanks for your advice, I will renew our PRs

faonet

Jul 15, 2019
I don't think there is a reason to start worrying. They explicitly put it in your CAS status that the correspondence (apparently, fingerprint request) was sent to you on July 11, 2019. Give it another week or two, then go do fingerprints and you should be good. Fingerprint request is a routine procedure. I got the same update in CAS in September last year, waited a month for the mail to come. After I did fingerprints I had not heard from them for six months until late April when we were invited to take a test and the next day took the oath.

I have heard about cases when fingerprints were requested after the test and it means nothing (good or bad). They work on their own schedule and are not in a hurry as long as they meet 1 year deadline for processing. There are lot of thing they have to consider when scheduling folks for test and oath and most of them have nothing to do with your application. You still have plenty of time till September 19, 2019.
Well, good news is that yesterday I received FP letter and will do it tomorrow, hopefully, it will expedite the process then will shortly receive the invitation to the oath. Crossed fingers

Sandy91234

Jun 22, 2019
In my case, I got a FP request, which I did in downtown Toronto, I didn't get any confirmation on ECAS or anywhere, after a few weeks I got my invitation to do the test. Here's my timeline:

9-Feb-2018 Mailed application
12-Feb-2018 Application delivered
12-Mar-2018 AOR
03-May-2018 In Process
31-May-2018 FP requested
28-Jun-2018 FP done
19-Aug-2018 Test invite
13-Sep-2018 Test/interview date (passed)
28-Sep-2018 Decision Made
Waiting for Oath letter.
Glad to see a timeline that shows FP and then further process. From what it looks like once the FP is done given takes 3 to 4 weeks to reach the IRCC they send the test invite. Anyone else any idea about average timeline for test invite after FP.??

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
I have DIN # can anyone provide me RCMP Toronto office contact number please so that I can call them I have done FP on 22nd Feb2020

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I have DIN # can anyone provide me RCMP Toronto office contact number please so that I can call them I have done FP on 22nd Feb2020
You don't need to call them. They will send the results to your local IRCC office. You can call them to confirm all good (as they won't tell you) but it takes a while so wait 3-4 weeks.