+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request for Citizenship Application (After Bill C6)

smileone

Nov 24, 2018
Hey ppl, I received FP request on April 9th-2018
RCMP sent FP to CIC April 12th (RCMP confirmed this via email which I requested)
CIC call centre also confirmed this
It's almost end of May and no changes yet to online status...
(I'm guessing either this is St Clair office or Scarborough office) I live in Toronto

Any idea why this is taking so long
Hi ,

How do you know, RCMP sends to CIC your results.
Did you call the RCMP?

Nv1317

Jul 16, 2018
Hello Everybody,

Following is my Citizenship Application progress:

I applied in November last year, but not received any citizenship exam request yet (although fingerprint check went well with no issues)
Is everything normal with my application timings?
And is somebody in the same pool as me.
All comments are welcome, thanks in advance.

Application Status
  1. November 2, 2017 - Application received by IRCC
  2. December 14, 2017 - I received correspondence acknowledging receipt of my application
  3. January 2, 2018 - IRCC Started processing my application
  4. February 6, 2018 - Fingerprint Request Received
  5. March 1, 2018 - Fingerprints given at Commissionaires Office
Hi Everybody,

So Just an FYI, my application is processed and I am officially a Canadian now :)
Did took more than a year, not sure why but everything was good at the end

6. November 05, 2018 - Received invitation for exam
7. November 22, 2018 - Wrote exam
8. November 28, 2018 - Received Invitation for oath taking ceremony
9. December First week - Became citizen

iamluz

Feb 6, 2019
Kitchener
Hi Everybody,

So Just an FYI, my application is processed and I am officially a Canadian now :)
Did took more than a year, not sure why but everything was good at the end

6. November 05, 2018 - Received invitation for exam
7. November 22, 2018 - Wrote exam
8. November 28, 2018 - Received Invitation for oath taking ceremony
9. December First week - Became citizen

Thanks for the update

Momoazk

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys.
Does anyone know if fingerprinting has to be done from within Canada or can it be done from back home country if you’re there during that certain period?

drmukti85

Jan 13, 2020
Hi All,
Is the fingerprint mandatory for everyone applying for citizenship or is it only for selective people? I got a request to submit my fingerprints but neither my husband nor my son got any? Why am I the special one here?

Thanks

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
Those who have done finger print in how many days the ecas will be updated to show that they received finger print results.

sunny_javan

Feb 26, 2019
Hi guys.
Does anyone know if fingerprinting has to be done from within Canada or can it be done from back home country if you’re there during that certain period?
You can do fingerprints outside of Canada. I've done it in Turkey, though it was very difficult as I do not speak Turkish and it is tricky to do so. I spent literally a week getting it done, I hope it would not take you that long in other countries. Basically, you do fingerprint in a police station of another country and then mail it to an accredited company in Canada, they convert it to digital format and submit it to RCMP. And, I asked them to send the result back to the accredited company, and they send it to CIC with a tracking number that I could check online.
https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check#:~:text=criminal record check-,From outside Canada,-To submit fingerprints