+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request for Citizenship Application (After Bill C6)

msi_21

Apr 1, 2018
Hi all,

I sent my application in October 2017 and received a fingerprint request in January 2018. I did digital fingerprints with an agency and RCMP confirmed through email that they sent results to St Clair citizenship office in late January. I've been waiting since then and there is no more communications and no change in status when I check online. Anyone has experience with this? Do you know how long should I wait and what happens next?

(I've been living in Ontario CA for the past 9 years with clean records)

Thanks all,

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Wait for test invite.

Reactions: verysoonacanadian

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
If you haven’t done it yet, call IRCC call center to request an update.
I Too was requested FP. I did it a day before my test. Then waited for 3 weeks and called IRCC who confirmed receiving my FP from RCMP.

msi_21

Apr 1, 2018
Thanks guys, but do you know how long does it usually take for invite to test after FP submission? I've been waiting for more than two months now and no progress...

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Thanks guys, but do you know how long does it usually take for invite to test after FP submission? I've been waiting for more than two months now and no progress...
Usually you get test invite when background checks are completed. I assume your background checks are not yet over... Patience, everything will be fine.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi all,

I sent my application in October 2017 and received a fingerprint request in January 2018. I did digital fingerprints with an agency and RCMP confirmed through email that they sent results to St Clair citizenship office in late January. I've been waiting since then and there is no more communications and no change in status when I check online. Anyone has experience with this? Do you know how long should I wait and what happens next?

Thanks all,
This appears to be normal. I'm in the same position, albeit about a month later. RCMP have confirmed sending the results and IRCC have made no changes to my application status either.

Paulson

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hi all,

Thanks all,
How long did this FP process take to be sent to St Clair office?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
How long did this FP process take to be sent to St Clair office?
RCMP mails the results within 3-5 business days to either the applicant or the requesting office if the records are clean(meaning nothings shows up on their search). They put a 84 cent stamp on it and send it through canada post. Ottawa to St Clair usually takes 5 business days or less (sometimes longer upto 10 days)

IRCC st clair usually takes 3-4 weeks to open the letter and attach it to file. Call center can confirm after they add a note to the file. Background checks resume after this stage and takes few more weeks to complete.

All the dates above are as per what hapened to my case and what i have seen on this forum so far.

verysoonacanadian

Mar 29, 2018
Same position for me as well, still waiting for the test invite.

it is worth noting though that when I called CIC they confirmed that " all is in order" and that "everything looks very good ". She also said she is not allowed to elaborate further, so I guess its a matter of background checks to be completed before they send anything.

GL to all of you, been living in this country for around 10 years cant wait to be CANADIAN!

msi_21

Apr 1, 2018
Thanks for all the replies, now I have more questions :) So FP is only one part of background check?! What is the next step in the background check process and how long does it take (I know they may not send me anything else, but I'm curious to know what they do on their side)? I've been living in Canada for the past 9 years, so I was thinking that my background check will be the FP that RCMP does.

I did my FP in late January and RCMP confirmed in email that they sent my results to CIC by end of January. But as I said, no more communications and change in online status since then.

amit87

Feb 5, 2014
I am on the same boat as you guys....submitted FP through RCMP and got confirmation email from RCMP that it was sent on 20th March. As per the CIC agent they haven’t received it yet.

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Hey ppl, I received FP request on April 9th-2018
RCMP sent FP to CIC April 12th (RCMP confirmed this via email which I requested)
CIC call centre also confirmed this
It's almost end of May and no changes yet to online status...
(I'm guessing either this is St Clair office or Scarborough office) I live in Toronto

Any idea why this is taking so long

msi_21

Apr 1, 2018
Hey,

I don't know why it takes so long. But here's my timeline:

-I received fingerprint request, did it, and RCMP said they sent results to CIC by end of January 2018
-Nothing happened for 3 months
-I received test invite in final days of April 2018 to write the test on May 30th

I'm in Toronto as well.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hey ppl, I received FP request on April 9th-2018
RCMP sent FP to CIC April 12th (RCMP confirmed this via email which I requested)
CIC call centre also confirmed this
It's almost end of May and no changes yet to online status...
(I'm guessing either this is St Clair office or Scarborough office) I live in Toronto

Any idea why this is taking so long
There will not be changes to online status as a result of the FP receipt. Your next ecas change will be notification of a test invitation. You'll either be in Mississauga or Scarborough, both of which can take months after in-process and both, typically, wait for BG checks to be complete to send the test invitation. You're experiencing the normal timelines, so don't worry.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hey,

I don't know why it takes so long. But here's my timeline:

-I received fingerprint request, did it, and RCMP said they sent results to CIC by end of January 2018
-Nothing happened for 3 months
-I received test invite in final days of April 2018 to write the test on May 30th

I'm in Toronto as well.
What is it you are saying "takes so long?" Your timeline looks like it is very much on a routine timeline track despite the fact of some non-routine processing (Finger Print request).

Reminder: while there are numerous reports of some applicants enjoying rather fast timelines, MOST qualified applicants processed ROUTINELY are likely to see a six to eight or ten month timeline, and MANY will experience a timeline LONGER than that EVEN THOUGH their application is processed ROUTINELY, without delays, NO PROBLEM. Moreover, while it is still TOO EARLY to ASSESS, given the huge surge in applications since October 11, 2017 there is a real risk the timelines can go significantly LONGER for many who applied since the C-6 3/5 rules took effect. For the vast majority of qualified applicants who accurately and properly provided information in their application, there is NO reason to apprehend there is a problem or delay or that there will be a problem or delay. No reason to think things are taking an inordinate amount of time. No reason to be anxious. Watch for communications and notices from IRCC, prepare for the test, and otherwise RELAX. There's a bureaucracy involved. It will take some time.