+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request and no way out.

sunsheen

Aug 2, 2018
Hi All
To begin with i got my ecas status updated on nov 28 which said i was being sent an correspondence etc.
I had plans to travel out of canada on dec 4th till end of jan so i called cic on dec 3rd which was a monday first thing in the morning and was told to fill a web form and get fingerprint request by email as mail will take some time.
I mentioned everything in webform i requested an email on dec 3 itself as i wss travelling the next day but only got a email for fingerprint request on dec 4th when i left canada.i again filled the webform and requested to give me an extention on my fingerprint deadline but it has been 8 days and i havent heard back.i am not in canada and the 30 days deadline is fast approaching so please guide me what to do.
Do i need to wait for the visa officer to respond or should i call cic no for outside canada.
And since i got an automated response that my query has been forwaded to concerned visa officer so am i covered or my application can be still considered abadoned.

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
I think you should call as soon as possible and explain the situation to someone; if they direct you to the webform again, just say you already filled one out and because of the deadline, you were concerned it wouldn't be addressed in time.

How far in advance did you know about your travel plans? Ideally you should be telling IRCC every single travel plan you have coming up to ensure situations like this do not happen.

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
In which country are you? Fingerprints can be taken abroad.

You need to have them taken by ink and then sent to a fingerprint company in Canada. The fingerprint company will then digitalize them and send them to RCMP.

Some infos here (related to PR but it it basically the same) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

But try google it will give you dozen of fingerprint companies in Canada.

The hardest part is to find a place to have them taken by ink as it depends on the country you are currently in.

GrantM

Jul 4, 2014
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2015
Are you sure yours has a 30 day deadline? I’ll check my request later but I think mine was 2 months.

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Are you sure yours has a 30 day deadline? I’ll check my request later but I think mine was 2 months.
I checked mine and it shows the deadline is 30 days . I think is different from case to case but I don't know why.

sunsheen

Aug 2, 2018
I think you should call as soon as possible and explain the situation to someone; if they direct you to the webform again, just say you already filled one out and because of the deadline, you were concerned it wouldn't be addressed in time.

How far in advance did you know about your travel plans? Ideally you should be telling IRCC every single travel plan you have coming up to ensure situations like this do not happen.
I had made plans on short notice due to some family emergency but i will try to get in touch with call center on monday and see what they say.thanks for your help.

sunsheen

Aug 2, 2018
In which country are you? Fingerprints can be taken abroad.

You need to have them taken by ink and then sent to a fingerprint company in Canada. The fingerprint company will then digitalize them and send them to RCMP.

Some infos here (related to PR but it it basically the same) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

But try google it will give you dozen of fingerprint companies in Canada.

The hardest part is to find a place to have them taken by ink as it depends on the country you are currently in.
Thanks for advice.i am in india at the moment.
The problem is the timing.i have only 10 days left for my fingerprint deadline.
It takes 2 days to get fungerprint done in india and another week for them to reach canada to a company that converts them to digital.so i am just wishing that cic visa officer gives me an extenstion if possible.

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Normally after the 30 days deadline, they will send you a second letter with a second 30 days notice. It’s only once the second 30 days are elapsed that they will cancel your application.

So it would be better to be able to reach them. But in case it doesn’t work, your application will still be on-going.

sunsheen

Aug 2, 2018
Normally after the 30 days deadline, they will send you a second letter with a second 30 days notice. It’s only once the second 30 days are elapsed that they will cancel your application.

So it would be better to be able to reach them. But in case it doesn’t work, your application will still be on-going.
Are your sure they will send me a second letter ??
Because if they send a second request with 30 days deadline that would really help.
I will still try to get in touch with them tomorrow.

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
That’s what they told me back in July.
I called them one week after my fingerprints were sent to check if they did receive them.

They didn’t know as it takes time for them to open and process the results. But they told me that they were likely to have recieve the results and in the unlikely case they didn’t that they would send a second notice.

So yes i’m pretty sure they send a second letter after 30 days. What I don’t know is wether it could lengthen your processing time or not. They could find suspicious to receive the fingerprints later than usual.

GrantM

Jul 4, 2014
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2015
I see where I got confused. On the FP letter it states 30 days but on my GCMS report is has a due date of 2 months from the date of the letter.

sunsheen

Aug 2, 2018
Good day everyone.
So yesterday i was able to get in touch with cic call center.the agent examined my file after getting all the details from me and said i am given extension for my fingerprints by the visa officer till end of feb 2019.i said i never got an email regarding this and he said sometimes visa officers dont send email for extensions requested.
So my best bet for now is to believe that what the call center agent said is right and that an extension has been provided to me.