+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint for Police Record

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Can someone explain what these fingerprints are needed for?

I understood that the biometrics needed for CEC, was taken at a Service Canada location?

vishmehta88

Mar 30, 2020
hey, did you submit before applying for PR or after applying for PR. If after applying for PR, then how did you submit?
Hi, I am on work permit and already in Canada. The police record is needed post you are selected in the draw (you have 90 days to prepare for ur papers) for any place you’ve stayed at, for more than 6 months at a stretch. Specifically for Canada police verification, you just need to visit their designated locations (I’ve mentioned one in the above thread) and provide them your ITA reference number. They will take ur picture and biometric on-site in their office and directly send your information to the police to process and that gets attached to ur PR profile.

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Hi, I am on work permit and already in Canada. The police record is needed post you are selected in the draw (you have 90 days to prepare for ur papers) for any place you’ve stayed at, for more than 6 months at a stretch. Specifically for Canada police verification, you just need to visit their designated locations (I’ve mentioned one in the above thread) and provide them your ITA reference number. They will take ur picture and biometric on-site in their office and directly send your information to the police to process and that gets attached to ur PR profile.
I didn’t do anything like this. Is this supposed to be the biometric request?

vishmehta88

Mar 30, 2020
Hope this helps. The answer to ur question is NO. I am referring to Canada PCC, which is required when you respond back with ur papers, post u are invited to apply (ITA)