+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finger prints lost in Canada post mail

Zaraali

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

We sent a family application for citizenship (Me, my daughter and minor son). In January my daughter and I had our test and next day it was decision made for both of us. The agent told us that we will get oath within three months. But then the same day my son's fingerprints were requested by cic. I got it done the same day (Jan 31). The e-mail said that the RCMP will mail the fp to us and then we have to mail it to cic.Now it has been more than one month and we haven't yet received the fp. we called RCMP and they told us that the fp was sent on Feb 7 to our address. We called cic and the agent just told us to wait for it. But I think they are lost in the mail as it usually takes 3-4 days to reach and it has been a month now. How long can I wait. Should I just get the fp done again and send them. I guess none of us are going to get our oaths until this is done as it is a family application. Any suggestions? Thanks

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Maybe double confirm that RCMP didn't send the results to the IRCC instead of your home address.
If not, then I guess you should redo the FP. And maybe this time tell the police or fingerprint company to ask RCMP to send the results direclty to IRCC (the address mentioned on the mail you received).

Reactions: Zaraali

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Your son is a minor? And they requested his fingerprints?

Hi everyone,

We sent a family application for citizenship (Me, my daughter and minor son). In January my daughter and I had our test and next day it was decision made for both of us. The agent told us that we will get oath within three months. But then the same day my son's fingerprints were requested by cic. I got it done the same day (Jan 31). The e-mail said that the RCMP will mail the fp to us and then we have to mail it to cic.Now it has been more than one month and we haven't yet received the fp. we called RCMP and they told us that the fp was sent on Feb 7 to our address. We called cic and the agent just told us to wait for it. But I think they are lost in the mail as it usually takes 3-4 days to reach and it has been a month now. How long can I wait. Should I just get the fp done again and send them. I guess none of us are going to get our oaths until this is done as it is a family application. Any suggestions? Thanks