+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finger print at RCMP or agency

jungrak9

Oct 25, 2018
Hi, I got a request for finger print before a test invitation. I read other people's cases and it looks like most people use accredited digital fingerprinting agencies not RCMP. Is there a specific reason people use the agency even though it will be sent to RCMP before transfer to IRCC? I called RCPM and they said they are all booked up for next few weeks so I guess I will have to use the agency. Can someone tell me where I can find the list of agencies please?

Finger print request before test invitation means, my application paused and will resume once finger print get passed or finger print request and test invitation don't matter each other?

Please help!

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
We did fingerprints at RCMP ! They said it will take few weeks or even month to get results back and then they will call us. Not sure if this is process as we have to submit results within 30days . Can we do something about it ?

jungrak9

Oct 25, 2018
We did fingerprints at RCMP ! They said it will take few weeks or even month to get results back and then they will call us. Not sure if this is process as we have to submit results within 30days . Can we do something about it ?
Hey, I just phoned at the local rcmp office and the operator said I will have to call back in business hour on Monday but it is all booked up for next few weeks. I called a local police office around my town and they said only the town resident can get a service there. I think my town RCMP sucks..

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Hi, I got a request for finger print before a test invitation. I read other people's cases and it looks like most people use accredited digital fingerprinting agencies not RCMP. Is there a specific reason people use the agency even though it will be sent to RCMP before transfer to IRCC? I called RCPM and they said they are all booked up for next few weeks so I guess I will have to use the agency. Can someone tell me where I can find the list of agencies please?

Finger print request before test invitation means, my application paused and will resume once finger print get passed or finger print request and test invitation don't matter each other?

Please help!
I think using accredited agencies over RCMP when requested FP has the main advantage of saving you a considerable amount of time.
When the accredited agency takes your FP they will send it to the RCMP who will forward the results to the IRCC local office who requested the FP. Whereas if you choose to go directly to RCMP for your FP, they will send you the result instead of forwarding it to IRCC like accredited agencies do. Then you will have to mail the results to IRCC. So, I guess you understand that using accredited agencies is more effective with regards to time saving. That’s why many citizenship applicants who are requested FP like myself often opt for accredited agencies.
CQFD

Reactions: 09frozenpenguin

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
I think using accredited agencies over RCMP when requested FP has the main advantage of saving you a considerable amount of time.
When the accredited agency takes your FP they will send it to the RCMP who will forward the results to the IRCC local office who requested the FP. Whereas if you choose to go directly to RCMP for your FP, they will send you the result instead of forwarding it to IRCC like accredited agencies do. Then you will have to mail the results to IRCC. So, I guess you understand that using accredited agencies is more effective with regards to time saving. That’s why many citizenship applicants who are requested FP like myself often opt for accredited agencies.
CQFD
Perfect answer...………….

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
hi,
anyone applied for citizenship need to do fingerprint ?

jungrak9

Oct 25, 2018
Thanks a lot for your answer. I called a local RCMP and they can't get me in for the next two weeks. I also called the agency and they booked me in tomorrow. The fee was little more $59.38 compared to RCMP would be only $45 but as SCORPH advised, I wouldn't mind to pay little extra to save time and skip the step that I will mail out the letter to IRCC.

Just to clarify that once I do FP at local agency then everything will be sent automatically to IRCC so no more work for me? The local agent answered the letter will be sent to whatever it designated to. Seemed he was not very reliable.

Also I haven't got my test invitation yet. Is FP will effect to my test invitation date? Some people say it is totally separated but some people say that I won't get a test invitation until FP is done (as well as all background check).

Thanks in advance for helpful advises!

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Thanks a lot for your answer. I called a local RCMP and they can't get me in for the next two weeks. I also called the agency and they booked me in tomorrow. The fee was little more $59.38 compared to RCMP would be only $45 but as SCORPH advised, I wouldn't mind to pay little extra to save time and skip the step that I will mail out the letter to IRCC.

Just to clarify that once I do FP at local agency then everything will be sent automatically to IRCC so no more work for me? The local agent answered the letter will be sent to whatever it designated to. Seemed he was not very reliable.

Also I haven't got my test invitation yet. Is FP will effect to my test invitation date? Some people say it is totally separated but some people say that I won't get a test invitation until FP is done (as well as all background check).

Thanks in advance for helpful advises!
If you decided to go with accredited agency, once your FP is taken, you’ll have to follow up with the RCMP to ensure it’s been mailed out to IRCC. Your accredited agency will give a file number that will help you to follow up with RCMP.

jungrak9

Oct 25, 2018
Thank you so much for a quick reply. IRCC letter (on separate green paper said "Clearly state to the fingerpriting agency that all original fingerprint results must be sent to the following address: IRCC Vancouver 200-877 Expo Blvd Vancouver".

Is this notice what everybody else get too? You said the result will be sent to RCMP and the agent said it will be sent to RCMP Ottawa and the letter said clearly state to the agency that send it to IRCC Vancouver. I am confused.

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Thank you so much for a quick reply. IRCC letter (on separate green paper said "Clearly state to the fingerpriting agency that all original fingerprint results must be sent to the following address: IRCC Vancouver 200-877 Expo Blvd Vancouver".

Is this notice what everybody else get too? You said the result will be sent to RCMP and the agent said it will be sent to RCMP Ottawa and the letter said clearly state to the agency that send it to IRCC Vancouver. I am confused.
I'm in Victoria and had my FP done at the local Comissionaires office. They sent it immediately to RCMP and I emailed RCMP about a week later and they confirmed that they had sent the details to IRCC in Vancouver.