Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Jalex23 said:
Hard.

Why would a company go an extra mile for hiring a foreigner when they can hire a PR or a citizen? That doesn't make sense from buisness perspective.
Even if they want to for some reason, they would have to prove to HRSDC that they tried hiring Canadians / PRs first, couldn't succeed in finding the right profile and this foreigner indeed has that profile.

It does happen, but again in very specific cases where

a) the employer is looking for some specialized knowledge / experience and couldn't find it around
b) the employee posses genuine credentials / demonstrated experience for that particular knowledge

A generalized IT profile is something Canada has plenty of. It has to be much more specific to be even considered for international hiring.

bryy15

Jan 18, 2017
Cabalen,

Thank you for sharing your story! You have not posted on this thread in a while but if you happen to see this could you please get in contact with me by e-mail : bryannelg@hotmail.com
a friend of mine has a bachelors in mechanical engineering with a post grad in sustainable engineering - he is trying to either go to school in the US so that it's easier to find a job afterwards or just get a job right off the bat. I'm trying to help him in this process so any additional info you may have would be very helpful!

porosh17

Jan 31, 2017
I have shared my case in several threads before. I will continue to share it.

Caveat: This depends on your occupation and persistence.

I found my future job (currently waiting for the work permit in my country) in LinkedIn.com. I saw the job advertisement and applied in their website on 12 Dec 2011. We had q Skype interview. Then they flew me to Canada for a face-to-face interview. Then they applied for the LMO.

Seems quick and easy. But that's only the tip of the iceberg. I've been applying for two years for all job opportunities applicable to me or at least a possible fit. In these two years, I have applied on the average 20 applicants daily. Customizing my resume to every application. I've undergone several interviews and email conversations but every time they learned that I am outside Canada, they declined. But this didn't stop me.

I have passed applications thru Jobstreet, JobsDB, Job Bank, Monster, Workopolis, Ranstad, Canadian employers websites, etc.

I have read lot of forums and they've all said that there is a slim chance of getting a job outside Canada. But knowing there is a chance, though how small it maybe, kept me going.

All I can say, it is worth it. It's worth the effort. All my worries on how to get to Canada (airfares) and settling down (relocation of our things, the house and the car in Canada) has been taken cared of by the company. I just need to bring my family and go straight to work without worrying much.

Hope my story inspired you and gave you more motivation to look for work.

Goodluck!

Very inspiring response.

I think its possible, if we apply also companies website.
I am working in a country other then my nation.
Its very easy to get job here, because I have 7 years of experience in this country.
I want to get a job in Electrical/electronics/power/hardware area.

Sep 21, 2017
Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen and currently working in the USA as IT Recruitment Manager. My score is 398 at this moment and I am looking for Canadian job offer based n my USA experience. Overall I have 5 + years of Experience in IT recruitment. Will employer consider my Indian Experience of IT recruitment?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen and currently working in the USA as IT Recruitment Manager. My score is 398 at this moment and I am looking for Canadian job offer based n my USA experience. Overall I have 5 + years of Experience in IT recruitment. Will employer consider my Indian Experience of IT recruitment?
You should forget about securing a job offer and look for other ways to increase your score (e.g. improving your language score). It's next to impossible to secure a job offer.