+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding a job offer in Canada while being outside of canada

batangenyo

Sep 30, 2014
Cabalen said:
The next step is the hardest one, in my opinion, finding an employer here in Canada. I am really not familiar in these lines of work. You may do further research. But you need to have a resume, proof of your experience, proof of skills. Post your resume in different job searching sites that I posted in this thread a while back. You can also ask around a relative, a friend here in Canada who may know of a work for you. Looking for an employer might take some time.

Yup! From the land of mekeni :D
ok thanks. i am making my moves to acquire some set of skills. :) thanks for the tips i have already downloaded a sample of canadian resume. I'm very optimistic that i will be there in Canada sometime. How about IELTS?? do i need to take that test?? if im lucky enough secure a job offer the next step will be acquiring a work permit right?? then after a work permit has been issued? what will be next?

Salamat pu :).

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
batangenyo said:
ok thanks. i am making my moves to acquire some set of skills. :) thanks for the tips i have already downloaded a sample of canadian resume. I'm very optimistic that i will be there in Canada sometime. How about IELTS?? do i need to take that test?? if im lucky enough secure a job offer the next step will be acquiring a work permit right?? then after a work permit has been issued? what will be next?

Salamat pu :).
You don't need IELTS. It will be assumed that your employer have already assessed you in your language skills.

After you get a job offer, you employer needs to get an LMIA, if they haven't gotten this yet. Then you may apply for a work permit.

After your work permit, there will be the POEA processes, PDOS, contract addendum, etc. Once you get your exit clearance from POEA then you may leave the country.

batangenyo

Sep 30, 2014
Cabalen said:
You don't need IELTS. It will be assumed that your employer have already assessed you in your language skills.

After you get a job offer, you employer needs to get an LMIA, if they haven't gotten this yet. Then you may apply for a work permit.

After your work permit, there will be the POEA processes, PDOS, contract addendum, etc. Once you get your exit clearance from POEA then you may leave the country.
Maraming salamat Kabayan! I hope that the odds will be in my favor. :). BTW, Cabalen, i just recently saw an info on the internet, that crane operators are in demand there? Im planning to acquire that skill. what do you think?

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
batangenyo said:
Maraming salamat Kabayan! I hope that the odds will be in my favor. :). BTW, Cabalen, i just recently saw an info on the internet, that crane operators are in demand there? Im planning to acquire that skill. what do you think?
To be honest, I have no idea what's in demand right. I'm not that updated anymore. Having said that, I think you need to research further and if it is really in demand and for how long it will be in demand. You need training to acquire a skill and number of years of experience is also needed.

batangenyo

Sep 30, 2014
Cabalen said:
To be honest, I have no idea what's in demand right. I'm not that updated anymore. Having said that, I think you need to research further and if it is really in demand and for how long it will be in demand. You need training to acquire a skill and number of years of experience is also needed.
Therefore, i must foresee what will be in demand in the next 3 years Sir. Research and research as well as first hand infos from a kind person like you be a really great help in this voyage of mine. Thank you for your help Sir! :)

aron30

Nov 29, 2012
Tasha1 said:
Good Day,

I am hereby writing to inquire about how do I go about getting a job in Canada (hence I would like to migrate but would like to find a job first before I come over). I am a Trinidadian in which I currently reside, however I am seeking employment in Canada and don't know how to go about it as well as if I would be eligible to work or even be giving the chance/opportunity to work there. I have place to reside in Canada. I just need to get a job to be able to be in Canada.

Your assistance and cooperation regarding this request in providing me with the relevant information as to how I go about

Thank you for your kind help towards this, I await a favorable response from you
regarding this.

Best Regards,
Hello Tasha I'm also in the same dilemma. I am an IT Technician in Trinidad with a BSc in Software Engineering. I've just started searching the job market which seems difficult to penetrate. However I believe with some perseverance I will be successful. I've decided to apply for the Express entry stream (EE) where a job offer is not necessary (but preferred). However you need to get your qualifications evaluated as well as take the IELTS test. I've submitted my qualifications for evaluation with World Education Services (WES). Also I'm scheduling my IELTS later in February or Early March at UWI. Hope it helps and I wish you the best on your Canadian journey :)

beireefer

Oct 18, 2014
aron30 said:
Hello Tasha I'm also in the same dilemma. I am an IT Technician in Trinidad with a BSc in Software Engineering. I've just started searching the job market which seems difficult to penetrate. However I believe with some perseverance I will be successful. I've decided to apply for the Express entry stream (EE) where a job offer is not necessary (but preferred). However you need to get your qualifications evaluated as well as take the IELTS test. I've submitted my qualifications for evaluation with World Education Services (WES). Also I'm scheduling my IELTS later in February or Early March at UWI. Hope it helps and I wish you the best on your Canadian journey :)
So far i've applied to around 20 canadian vacancies, most of which never even replied. I think the chances are very low for a Canadian employer to choose to recruit an employee from abroad unless he really, really needs you.. Gdluck everyone.

singhjasveer

Oct 2, 2014
Dear Cabalen,
Thanks ! For sharing your story, Hope you have settled there and enjoying Christmas holidays.
I need your valuable guidance & Help. I am Jasveer Singh came from India, now working in UAE. My total experience is 5 years in world's top MNC ( P&G & Nestle) as a Production Operator. I have been applying online jobs since 2011 but unfortunately i am still applying. Still waiting for a future dream job in Canada. I have done 12th standard education, 1 year Vocational training (Tractor Mechanic, Full time) and 2 year Diploma (Mechanical Engineering, Part time with my previous job). completed IELTS with 6 band. Kindly Guide me for same.

Many Thanks!!!
Jasveersingh62@gmail.com

kareem orapy

Feb 28, 2016
hey iam an accountant and seeking for a work in canada and donnot know how to apply for one or what should i do to go to migrate to canada ?

Zosarr418

Feb 28, 2015
Hi!
Just asking which province in Canada is the best to migrate? not too expensive in terms of living expenses but also have vast opportunities for jobs....
Thank you

IM.seeker

Oct 9, 2016
Hello Cabalen & everyone :)
It's my first time to post in this forum, I hope i'm not bothering you.
I'm currently assessing my points before entering express entry skilled federal worker program & it turned out having a job offer is a must, so I need to know chances of getting a job offer while outside Canada, actually your posts gave me hope this could happen.
I'm a mechatronics engineer & most probably my NOC shall be 2132, I've been working for about 8 years in the tendering business (boilers & heat exchangers) in a contracting company.
I wish if you can tell details how you got the offer,
is there any approvals (paper work) required,
after successfully having the job offer, what guarantees the job would still be yours till being selected & having your VISA granted & finally travelling to Canada (which I believe takes a lot of time)
about the license, do I need to get licensed in case of working as an engineer in the tendering business ?

Thanks in advance & Best Regards

PeterHenry

Oct 26, 2016
Hello All,
i have been trying so hard to travel to Canada, it is getting 2years now since i started doing research on that, i am a Ghanaian, getting education in Ghana is very difficult, you spend a lots of money on Collage and the outcome is struggles, it seems to me that i don't have enough education to travel to Canada but i feel with the certificates i have now it is possibly, i have worked as a computer technician in ghana for almost 4 years, it is my wish to continue my education, the next level i want to go for is Diploma In System Engineering, scholarships and sponsorship are not common in my country, if you don't get assistance from above you most of the time struggle till you are old, i got admission recently to Seneca Collage and with the money i am suppose to pay for the first semester i could not afford, and my class will start in January 9, 2017.... i was not opportune to attain secondary education, but i have been able to get other certificates, Now, i need a company which can employ me and help me continue my level of education, or any one who will come to my aid, i'm ready to work in all field but more interested in Computer and Networking areas. thank you.

dalip

Aug 18, 2013
Nairobi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-10-2018
Hi,

How difficult is it for IT profession to get a job offer from ontario?

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
dalip said:
Hi,

How difficult is it for IT profession to get a job offer from ontario?
Inside Canada - very easy.
So it means, there are lots of jobs and companies. But I don't know how easy it would be from outside of Canada.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
jack_is_jack said:
Inside Canada - very easy.
So it means, there are lots of jobs and companies. But I don't know how easy it would be from outside of Canada.
Hard.

Why would a company go an extra mile for hiring a foreigner when they can hire a PR or a citizen? That doesn't make sense from buisness perspective.