+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding a job offer in Canada while being outside of canada

bosmum

Aug 8, 2014
Cabalen said:
This thread hasn't been updated for quite a while.

As you can see my post 2 years ago, I applied for a temporary work permit under NOC 2132 - Mechanical Engineer. I was thinking then that I have a slim or no chance of getting a job in Canada for I don't have a Canadian license but an employer here Canada got me an LMO and job offer. I landed here last year and now waiting for the processing of my PR application.

I am now working more than a year now and still under NOC 2132 with the title of Applications Engineer. I still don't have an engineering license so I can't put P.Eng after my name but I am doing engineering duties with a supervision of an P.Eng.

I am an engineer but not a Professional Engineer (Licensed) so I can't also sign off my work - my P.Eng does that for me. Check this link.

I have posted at the beginning of this thread what I have done to land on this job. I hope you find a job here soon and good luck!
Great to see you're still active Sir! I have read all your posts and must admit really is inspiring. Thank you for the link, I have read and made inquiries already. My husband and I have been looking for jobs (hubby's) since early this year. A few replied that they have found applicants closer to the qualification they wanted but probably that is because his experience more of as Mechanical Engineer than NOC 9232. Since ME jobs are difficult to find as hubby prefers working with machines rather office tasks.

leadeeer

May 2, 2014
very good discussions; I actually benefited from it. however, i want to know the the range of simplicity of getting a job offer from any employer if i am in Canada on a visitor visa. does it make easy for me to get job if i am there on a visitor visa ?

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
leadeeer said:
very good discussions; I actually benefited from it. however, i want to know the the range of simplicity of getting a job offer from any employer if i am in Canada on a visitor visa. does it make easy for me to get job if i am there on a visitor visa ?
Let's say that it will be more convenient for you, accessibility and time-wise. Once you are in Canada employers can quickly give you call and setup some interviews. You may have first hand information about job openings by just looking around. The company still needs to go through the same process as you're outside Canada (LMO -> Work Permit) - depends on the current process of hiring foreign workers.

In my opinion, I think you might have better chances in getting a job but that depends on the position you are applying for, the industry, your credentials, the company itself, etc...

leadeeer

May 2, 2014
Cabalen said:
Let's say that it will be more convenient for you, accessibility and time-wise. Once you are in Canada employers can quickly give you call and setup some interviews. You may have first hand information about job openings by just looking around. The company still needs to go through the same process as you're outside Canada (LMO -> Work Permit) - depends on the current process of hiring foreign workers.

In my opinion, I think you might have better chances in getting a job but that depends on the position you are applying for, the industry, your credentials, the company itself, etc...
Thanks cabalen for your interest and your help,
This is what i understood; even with being there in a tourist visa, i still cann't be employed by any one until getting the work permit which take monthes, isn't it?
Or
I can start my work on this status while the procedures of getting my work permit is kept going on.
I am worry about that because i know that the main problem for any employer in canda is the time required for making the work permit?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
leadeeer said:
Thanks cabalen for your interest and your help,
This is what i understood; even with being there in a tourist visa, i still cann't be employed by any one until getting the work permit which take monthes, isn't it?
Or
I can start my work on this status while the procedures of getting my work permit is kept going on.
I am worry about that because i know that the main problem for any employer in canda is the time required for making the work permit?
You cannot work without having a work permit, which in most cases require an LMIA / LMO that your employer has to get for Govt. of Canada (HRDSC) proving that they could not find a Canadian to fill the job. Exceptions are when you e.g. studied in Canada for a degree and got a PGWP or are spouse of a temp worker in Canada in Skilled position etc.

Once your employer gets an LMO, you apply for work permit AT YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE and processing time from that embassy would apply.

You can only apply for work permit from Inside Canada if you are already on a non visitor status there.

Except for the fact that you can be physically present, and employers can see and evaluate you in person, there is no other advantage of being here on visit visa.

The legal framework requires the same processing if you were present in home country as well.

leadeeer

May 2, 2014
fkl said:
You cannot work without having a work permit, which in most cases require an LMIA / LMO that your employer has to get for Govt. of Canada (HRDSC) proving that they could not find a Canadian to fill the job. Exceptions are when you e.g. studied in Canada for a degree and got a PGWP or are spouse of a temp worker in Canada in Skilled position etc.

Once your employer gets an LMO, you apply for work permit AT YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE and processing time from that embassy would apply.

You can only apply for work permit from Inside Canada if you are already on a non visitor status there.

Except for the fact that you can be physically present, and employers can see and evaluate you in person, there is no other advantage of being here on visit visa.

The legal framework requires the same processing if you were present in home country as well.
thanks very much....

batangenyo

Sep 30, 2014
Hello there!

Currently i am police officer here in the Philippines, I was just wondering is it possible for me to secure a job offer from Canada while Im here in my country?? i have been researching thru google and was not able to find a very definite answer. Im looking forward for your response Sir. God bless!

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
batangenyo said:
Hello there!

Currently i am police officer here in the Philippines, I was just wondering is it possible for me to secure a job offer from Canada while Im here in my country?? i have been researching thru google and was not able to find a very definite answer. Im looking forward for your response Sir. God bless!
I doubt that you will get a job offer from Canada as a police officer. The first requirement is that you are a Canadian citizen.

If you want to have job offers from Canada, you need to change your skill set. Below is a link for occupations for temporary workers.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_statistics/annual-top-occs.shtml

Good luck!

Tasha1

Sep 30, 2014
Good Day,

I am hereby writing to inquire about how do I go about getting a job in Canada (hence I would like to migrate but would like to find a job first before I come over). I am a Trinidadian in which I currently reside, however I am seeking employment in Canada and don't know how to go about it as well as if I would be eligible to work or even be giving the chance/opportunity to work there. I have place to reside in Canada. I just need to get a job to be able to be in Canada.

Your assistance and cooperation regarding this request in providing me with the relevant information as to how I go about

Thank you for your kind help towards this, I await a favorable response from you
regarding this.

Best Regards,

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
batangenyo said:
Hello there!

You can be adjusted by some private security guard company for the position if u fulfill their requirement after taking on line courses and they see you some speciality not available in Canada.

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Tasha1 said:
Good Day,

I am hereby writing to inquire about how do I go about getting a job in Canada (hence I would like to migrate but would like to find a job first before I come over). I am a Trinidadian in which I currently reside, however I am seeking employment in Canada and don't know how to go about it as well as if I would be eligible to work or even be giving the chance/opportunity to work there. I have place to reside in Canada. I just need to get a job to be able to be in Canada.

Your assistance and cooperation regarding this request in providing me with the relevant information as to how I go about

Thank you for your kind help towards this, I await a favorable response from you
regarding this.

Best Regards,

Tasha1

What is your experience or expertise? What is your age group?

batangenyo

Sep 30, 2014
Cabalen said:
I doubt that you will get a job offer from Canada as a police officer. The first requirement is that you are a Canadian citizen.

If you want to have job offers from Canada, you need to change your skill set. Below is a link for occupations for temporary workers.

Good luck!
hi cabalen ! thanks for your generous feedback, i saw on that ling that there are in need of food attendants, farmers and truck drivers that sounds good to me. In case that i have already got one of those skills for example, im an adept truck driver ? and know how to farm? what will be the next step? thank you very much Sir. Any job will do to me, my main goal is to be Canadian Citizen. Thanks. BTW, cabalen sounds kapampangan. :)

batangenyo

Sep 30, 2014
HHH2000 said:
You can be adjusted by some private security guard company for the position if u fulfill their requirement after taking on line courses and they see you some speciality not available in Canada.
Hi thanks for the tip, there was a person, that have already offered me an online course but unfortunately i don't have any idea how legit is that. i'll just google it. In case you know some legit on line course let me know. Thank you Sir!

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
batangenyo said:
hi cabalen ! thanks for your generous feedback, i saw on that ling that there are in need of food attendants, farmers and truck drivers that sounds good to me. In case that i have already got one of those skills for example, im an adept truck driver ? and know how to farm? what will be the next step? thank you very much Sir. Any job will do to me, my main goal is to be Canadian Citizen. Thanks. BTW, cabalen sounds kapampangan. :)
The next step is the hardest one, in my opinion, finding an employer here in Canada. I am really not familiar in these lines of work. You may do further research. But you need to have a resume, proof of your experience, proof of skills. Post your resume in different job searching sites that I posted in this thread a while back. You can also ask around a relative, a friend here in Canada who may know of a work for you. Looking for an employer might take some time.

Yup! From the land of mekeni :D

Tasha1

Sep 30, 2014
HHH2000 said:
Tasha1

What is your experience or expertise? What is your age group?
Hello good day,

In response to your message I am 32 years old and I have 9 years experience as an Accounts Clerk in a Shipping company. I am still doing part time classes I am now in Level 3 in FIA which is equivalent to ACCA's level 1.