+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding a job in Canada with sponsor

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
But under the headline, it also says:

Share your Canadian job stories and discuss how to find meaningful work in Canada.

Contrary to what others had said, couldn't a job (like a project) be taken by a company instead of an individual?
That's a business deal then. Not employment.

I don't think anyone phrases it as "We have employed Ravikiranr Pte Ltd. to help us design and build a customer service platform for us"

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I don't think anyone phrases it as "We have employed Ravikiranr Pte Ltd. to help us design and build a customer service platform for us"
But we can say we hired Ravikiranr Pte Ltd. or Mr. Ravikiranr himself to provide housekeeping and cleaning services for us.

ravikiranr

Dec 10, 2019
But under the headline, it also says:

Share your Canadian job stories and discuss how to find meaningful work in Canada.

Contrary to what others had said, couldn't a job (like a project) be taken by a company instead of an individual?
Don't you think the whole idea of using a headline is defeated on purpose when you plan to stick to the subtext?

Like I said, I am looking at possibilities. Company or an individual, one man's moment can be another man's lifetime. Think about it.

ravikiranr

Dec 10, 2019

Business deal or an employment should not matter. Why bring in the distinction when a business owner is also an employee?

Let anyone phrase whatever they want, setting up a business or finding an employment should be set in motion based on a need, not trend.

ravikiranr

Dec 10, 2019
But we can say we hired Ravikiranr Pte Ltd. or Mr. Ravikiranr himself to provide housekeeping and cleaning services for us.
Definitely. I will be happy to setup a company and get some employees to do that for you. I will also give you a discount if you fall into the category of old people. :)

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Business deal or an employment should not matter. Why bring in the distinction when a business owner is also an employee?

Let anyone phrase whatever they want, setting up a business or finding an employment should be set in motion based on a need, not trend.
It is not so simple because you are using the employment/business arrangement as a means to increase your CRS score. I am not sure what CIC's interpretation of such an arrangement will be.

@canuck78 do you know if CIC will give @ravikiranr extra CRS points if his company provides services to Canadian companies/individuals? Will that be viewed as employment?

@ravikiranr here's a suggestion. Why don't you find a business partner in Canada. Setup a joint venture/company. Then have that company hire you as an employee? You could submit to CIC saying that you have found employment in Canada hence you should qualify for more CRS points.

I am not sure if this amounts to fraud though. But if you have formed a company and hired you to do housekeeping and you are doing work eg cleaning toilets and making beds I would think it is hard for CIC to say it is fraud. I am a doctor not a lawyer though.

Anyone else think it would be fraud or totally legal?

Last edited:

ravikiranr

Dec 10, 2019
It is not so simple because you are using the employment as a means to increase your CRS score. I am not sure what CIC's interpretation of such an arrangement will be.
Please check the thread headline. I am searching for an employer to fund my journey (visa) from India to Canada. An increase in the CRS score is only a byproduct of the expected result. CIC's interpretation can be chaotic. My problem is with their very own, well advertised job bank. You should check out job bank website. It's a primitive website with a fancy makeup. CIC needs to work on the administration.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Please check the thread headline. I am searching for an employer to fund my journey (visa) from India to Canada. An increase in the CRS score is only a byproduct of the expected result. CIC's interpretation can be chaotic. My problem is with their very own, well advertised job bank. You should check out job bank website. It's a primitive website with a fancy makeup. CIC needs to work on the administration.
I actually found my very first job in Canad through job bank. It was with Mcleod Windows in Edmonton. I got hired as a general laborer. Basically did assembly of Jambs and sills on PVC window frames. Paid $16/hr.

But I already had my PR then.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I am a Business Consultant - Generalist.
I still think going through your contacts (you should have lots) to get an employer to fund your journey (visa) from India to Canada would be easier than finding it through job bank.

When you say fund your journey, you mean you want someone to pay for your airfare and papers?

ravikiranr

Dec 10, 2019
I still think going through your contacts (you should have lots) to get an employer to fund your journey (visa) from India to Canada would be easier than finding it through job bank.

When you say fund your journey, you mean you want someone to pay for your airfare and papers?
I cannot ask my contacts to fund my journey. I cannot mix business with personal agenda. Against my principles.

Yes. Pay for the airfare and handle the papers.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I cannot ask my contacts to fund my journey. I cannot mix business with personal agenda. Against my principles.

Yes. Pay for the airfare and handle the papers.
Wow that would be fantastic if you could get that.

I seriously don't know of anyone who has managed to get PR using the CRS points score for express skilled entry that has got all costs of application for the PR and the airfare for their landing paid for by a third party!

Most are just happy enough paying their own way to get their PR and flying themselves for the landing.

You are one special dude!

Let us know if you manage to get this done like this.

Last edited:

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
You are wasting your time here. This forum is to share 'how to get a job' but there are no listings here.
Canada has a lot of skilled/unskilled workers in excess who can't find work while IN canada, so the chances of someone getting a work visa from outside is 0.00001

ravikiranr

Dec 10, 2019
Wow that would be fantastic if you could get that.

I seriously don't know of anyone who has managed to get PR using the CRS points score for express skilled entry that has got all costs of application for the PR and the airfare for their landing paid for by a third party!

Most are just happy enough paying their own way to get their PR and flying themselves for the landing.

You are one special dude!

Let us know if you manage to get this done like this.
Nothing special. My expectation is based on logic. I will keep trying.