+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find available Jobs in Canada

Gerardine

Mar 19, 2009
Hello eveyone,

I and my husband got our permanent visa and permit to work. Now we are planning to move to Vancouver in August 09 but we are kind of hesitating if it is the correct time or not. By the August what do you think guys about the ecomomy and labor market. Do you recommend; we put back our arrival date a little bit later?

Now in my country I am working as a Human Resources Analyst, My Husband as a tax audit, do you think we can get a white collar job easily?

Leon I read a lot about your recomends, especially I am waiting for your advises. Until We find white collar jobs we are ready to work at a blue collar job. But does it take too long?

Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should not look at jobs as white or blue collar. For all positions, look at what you can get. If you want to continue what you do now, first try getting a job in the same or similar field. If that doesn't work out, take what you can get. If you have a choice, is it better to you to work in a call centre for $10 an hour vs. warehouse for $17? The first is a white collar job, the 2nd is a blue collar job. Would you enjoy the call centre job more than the warehouse job? To know this, you really have to try both. Would you have a problem telling people back home that you work in a blue collar job? These are all questions you have to answer before you take any job. You have to look at your options and take the one that looks best to you, balance of money vs. enjoyment if you can't have both.

boydie

May 19, 2009
Hi.

I am a Finance Manager based in the UK. Managed to get permanent residency about 10 years ago but did not travel due to circumstances. Pretty sure will be able to get it again if I reapply but thinking of trying for a job now, someone told me about LMO (Labour Market Opinion)? How do I find employers in Finance interested in employing non-resident so I can get a temporary work permit then apply for the permanent visa when I land? The bottom line is, I want to move to Canada asap but need to find employers willing to take a look at my Resume or chat over the phone. Can anyone help? Dont really want to travel without a job offer.....

shacon

Jul 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Find available Jobs in Canada

Do they actually hire people from overseas? Does anyone know of a company or companies that will hire persons directly from the Caribbean who has had over 12 years in the Shipping, receiving , purchasing and Warehousing field? Let me know.
Shacon

anandheeraman

Apr 8, 2009
I recently landed in Canada, came back to my job in Qatar. I sent applications on workopolis, monster.ca, through other websites where Canadian jobs were advertised and I got 1 response via email, and it was in Calgary while I had indicated an interest in Toronto and it only said to get in contact with them when I got to Toronto.

I also contacted Hays and Robert Half representatives. One emailed me and said my chances were slim and I will most likely not be considered and the other one I called directly told me the same. These recruitment agencies work on the basis of what requirements are supplied by the employers and sometimes it's too difficult to recruit from abroad (it takes too long, don't know what costs are involved, employers need the person earlier and are generally hesitant to consider candidates abroad). They prefer to look for persons who are present in Canada. However, the next hurdle is the fact that you don't have Canadian experience which also presents another challenge whether you are applying from outside of Canada or are present in Canada.

I am an ACCA, CGA, MBA, + other diplomas etc, have 18+ years experience in Finance, Audit etc. but face real challenges in getting a job.

My point is that 1. it may be very difficult to obtain a job when you're outside of Canada and 2. even if you're in Canada you must have some sort of "Canadian experience".

Hope this helps some.

Anand.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nobody said it would be easy. One person on here said they applied for something like a 1,000 jobs online, not sure how accurate that number is but eventually they found an employer who was interested enough to keep in touch. They emailed back and forth for another year until the employer was convinced enough to apply for an LMO and hire that person as a temporary worker.

If you restrict your job search to one city like Toronto, you will of course also have less options.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
What about multi linguals? I speak more languages and have a lot of experience in hotellery and tourism. Would it be easy to find jobs in that field and if so, where, which province, will be more likely for me to find a job?

Reactions: nilam5272

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check the websites. Tourism is pretty big in BC but other provinces as well.

vivenhs

Nov 27, 2008
Leon said:
Nobody said it would be easy. One person on here said they applied for something like a 1,000 jobs online, not sure how accurate that number is but eventually they found an employer who was interested enough to keep in touch. They emailed back and forth for another year until the employer was convinced enough to apply for an LMO and hire that person as a temporary worker.

If you restrict your job search to one city like Toronto, you will of course also have less options.

Hi,

I'm not sure if there is anyone else that would fit Leon's subject above. Yes, i'm the fortunate one - i did get my LMO and now awaiting for the Work Permit. My take is, gor for any route that could bring you closer to your goal. Invest an hour or 2 everyday to look at jobsites (on top of previously mentioned site look at Jobbank.ca)

Goodluck.

vivenhs