02-Sept-2010
Med's Done....
08-Oct-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Jan-2011
Hi

I am a secondary school teacher in the UK (Fully Qualified) i am looking to immigrate to Toronto. Please advise!!!!!

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe you'll just need to get your qualifications certified. This can likely be done before you arrive in Canada. If you're coming to Toronto, you'll need to contact The Ontario College of Teachers, which is the so called governing body of Ontario teachers. The main site is: http://www.oct.ca/home.aspx

They have an entire section on Internationally educated teachers and how to meet requirements: http://www.oct.ca/IET/?lang=en-CA

In Ontario, we typically have the Public - secondary schools or Separate - secondary schools (which is primarily the Catholic School board). Any Ontario High School student can apply to either school, it just changes were your home taxes are sent (to support which school board). Usually elementary schools cover grades JK-8 and HighSchool is Grade 9-12 (A levels). Some regions will have a Junior High which is can be grades 6-8 approx, but this depends on the area, size of school and number of students.

Often students choose one school over another because of location, and friends -- it's not just religion. Some separate schools will have a school uniformed environment and others won't - it depends on the school.

A third option you can run into depending on location is a French-Separate, or French-Public Secondary School.
All courses will be taught in French and 'English' is an elective second language course. I believe students who attend French Second School will have attended French Elementary, or they have to take a test.

http://careego.com/CareerResources/ImmigrationJobSearch/JobSearchStrategies/tabid/325/language/en-CA/Default.aspx#

Eric Akwaboah

Nov 25, 2010
looking for job in Canada

Hi
i am a man of 26 years old looking for work in Canada.
any company any position please try help me to get work in Canada
may God bless you for doing that and getting that opportunity for me to come to Canada

thank you

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eric,

Canadian employers want to understand what you can do and what you offer them. This forum is not a job site, and you need to get focussed on your search. I understand you will take any job that may not be related to what you currently do, just to get your first Canadian job, but most employers need to understand what skills and qualifications you possess. It's really important you develop a resume for this market and learn the processes for job searching in Canada. The last thing an employer wants to see/hear is that you're desperate and will take anything.

Identify what the top 3 jobs could be for you to target by looking at your current skills, education and experience. Then go onto the popular Canadian job boards like: www.workpolis.com, www.eluta.ca, www.indeed.ca and by plugging in your key words (skills) see what types of jobs appear as possibly matches. These can be the starting places for your job targets.

http://careego.com/CareerResources/ImmigrationJobSearch/JobSearchStrategies/tabid/325/language/en-CA/Default.aspx#

Reactions: dsgn
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read a lot about your recomends, especially I am waiting for your advises. Until We find white collar jobs we are ready to work at a blue collar job. But does it take too long

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortuantely there isn't a simple answer. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Speaking with other new immigrants who hold professional jobs in their own country, many have commented that while getting 'a' job is very, very important, many I talk to also recommend not rushing into it, if you can financial manage this, and focus on getting the right job. Yes, it will likely take 3+ months to find something directly in your field, but to be very honest 3+ months is the typical timeline for anyone working in Canada. As an average, the 'process' just takes this long. This is the norm.

The other thing to consider if you initially get a blue collar job in Canada is that your resume will show professional jobs from your current country, then blue collar jobs in Canada and you're now trying to convince a new employer you want to go back to the other job -- you run the risk of having your resume look confusing.

Read the blog a friend keeps on his personal experience on immigration and job search, it may give you another perspective:

http://www.immigrationexpertise.com/2005/12/welcome.html

burnbaby76

Jan 4, 2011
Hi,

I'm a Police Officer in Ireland, and due to the economic climate I want to see what other opportunities are out there.

Courtesy of my parents, I was actually born in Canada, and currently hold a valid Canadian Passport - my other half does not however.

Is anyone aware of what hoops are needed to be jumped through before making this dream a reality, both for him and I.

I for one would rather a complete career change - but having been a cop for nearly 10 years now, I find my previous experiences are perhaps slightly dated.

Could anyone advise?

Many thanks,

B.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found that Canada is an easy country to change careers. If you don't have the cash saved up to go to college, you can start working in some field as a helper, move on to apprenticeship and it will not hurt the finances too much. Apprentices get paid as much and better as helpers and when you go to school for 2-3 months a year, you will receive unemployment benefits.

As a Canadian citizen, you may start sponsorship of your husband from Ireland but you have to convince immigration that you have plans to move to Canada when he gets his permanent residency. If you do not know anybody in Canada, that could be hard but it could be something like having looked for jobs and career opportunities and having plans where to live etc.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, common law partnership is recognized in Canada. For immigration to recognize a common law partnership, you need to have lived together for at least 12 months and be able to prove it. You also have to prove that your relationship is real. Married people have to do that too.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: i need help to immigrate into canada via the canadian lottery

akumbe said:
Can somebody help me ?
You really need to ask a question first.

AFOLABI JAMES

Jan 16, 2011
HI,MY NAME IS AFOLABI JAMES FROM NIGERIA.
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET NURSING ASSISTANCE JOB IN CANADA OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY? AM A TRANING NURSE WITH OVER 12YRS EXPERIENCE AND HAVE DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FROM CITY OF LONDON COLLEGE.
MY WIFE IS A Bs HOLDER IN ACCOUNTING.
PLS ME AND MY WIFE IS EAGERLY WAITING FOR YOUR SURGESTION .
THANKS.

ARCHITECTE

Feb 2, 2011
Objet: Demande d'emploi en tant qu' ARCHITECTE

J'ai respectueusement l'honneur de venir auprès de votre haute bienveillance, solliciter votre aide pour l'obtention d'un emploi au CANADA en architecture ou en ingénierie.

Je porte a votre connaissance pour toutes fins utiles que:

- Je suis âgée de 25 ans, née le 11/02/1986 à Sidi Bel Abbes, ALGERIE
- Je suis titulaire du diplôme d'Architecte de l'université des sciences et de la technologie d’Oran, Algérie
- Je suis célibataire et seul soutien de mes parents en age.

Je souhaiterais bénéficier d'un emploi auprès de vos etablissements que je servirais passionnément et fidèlement.

Je vous assure par avance que toutes les missions qui me seraient confiées, seraient exécutées dans le plus grand respect des instructions données.

En outre, je conclurais ma requête, en vous priant de croire en mon profond désir de faire partie d'une équipe qui servira louablement les plans de charges qui lui seraient confiés.

Dans l'attente d'une suite favorable, je reste Monsieur à votre disposition pour toutes fins utiles et vous prie de croire en l'expression de mon profond respect

GAZ_C_09

Feb 3, 2011
[size=10pt][size=10pt]I am a full time carpenter in the UK and wish to relocate and settle in Ontario where I have family. I am looking for advice on how to find employers who will make a job offer and be willing to wait for the processing of PR application. I have been looking around online but haven't found any companies so far who are recognised for doing this. Any advice will be greatly received. :D[/size][/size]